The Asian Cup

Newcastle Fan

Our game is starting in half an hour

Good formation, but i am a bit concerned about of full backs.

Keep an eye on the following:

1-Abdulla AlMarzuogi, fantastic defender ; strong, solid and fantastic in the air.

2-Mahmood AbdulRahman, our left winger, just 22 of age, almost made it to NUFC in the Superstar tournment,  missed out because of his age despite being the offical winner of the show .

3-Abdulla Omar, Saudi born player who is also a beach football player, wanted by some clubs in Portegual and France, has an amazing pace on him

4-Husain Baba, our other center back, a really good player but struggled with injurys in the last two years.

Nigerian Striker Jaycee John set to start aswell :( , i hate this guy because of the way he got in our national team, but i have to see his peformence in our pre-tournment friendlys was nice..

When is Australia's next game?

The 13th, vs Iraq.

Lucas Neill was talking about it on FoxSportsNews, said they needed to improve greatly on Monday or get knocked out

Spot on tbh...

First half ended 1-1

Our national side has the mental abillty of a 3 yearold monkey..

Good peformence, we lacked the finishing and concentration..Physically we domnated them and they already were forced to make two changes to their side,  we just need a good finisher and the top goal scorer of the last tournment Alaa Hubail was extremely lacking in this area.

Guest Ridzuan

Not surprising for me.Indonesia is a very good team and I think they will be the underdogs for this tournament.

Not surprising for me.Indonesia is a very good team and I think they will be the underdogs for this tournament.

Actually they were poor, shocking and lacked any physical presence..

But somehow we managed to be worst..

Both teams defintly going out imo, Saudi Arabia and Korea to go through from this group..

Guest ryunufc

The atmosphere is amazing, but i was hoping for a fully packed stadium, just 55,000 people turned up in a stadium that can host 100,000 :(

im in malaysia at the moment so i only watched it from tv. id just called my mom, she said there was crowd trouble outside the stadium. either too many supporters without tickets tried to get in or the police were trying to prevent the hooligans to enter the stadium, which explained why the second level was full while the first level was only half filled.

Guest ryunufc

Actually they were poor, shocking and lacked any physical presence..

But somehow we managed to be worst..

Both teams defintly going out imo, Saudi Arabia and Korea to go through from this group..

no they are not by the standard of this region. we are as good as if not better than thailand whereas the singaporeans (with 5 foreigners) are the currently the best but did not qualify. this is south east asia, the height of our player are between 165-175 cm, the strength like i told you yday are lacking compared to the middle easterns, but on the other hand we have more flair and pace. this is shown in the first half and the first goal where we exploited the gap between your back four and the goalie with quick direct passing.

your side was surprisingly poor in front of goal, several shocking misses from half chances and you were right about lapses of concentration of your defenders. you can tell from the their body language they were nervous and not used with the pressure from the home supporters and tbh it was not that intimidating compared to each time we play our neighbour singapore or malaysia.

Guest ryunufc

they are not as good as they were. natipong and kiatisuk's batch were dominant in the region but it is diminishing rapidly. they have never been past the group stage in the past three asian cup like us and we are well known to have tremendous bad luck in the asean cup.

Yea I agree we're not as good as before but 'Leesaw' (Teerathep Winothai) will hopefully progress well and fast enough as he is really the future of our team atm. Kiatisuk's still playing btw :lol: I've forgotten how old he is but I remember seeing him for the first time when I was like 7 or 8 and he's still there, the tit!

Guest ryunufc

yeah i saw him in the iraq game, lost his pace but still have the intellegence. i remember the first time he appeared (i dont remember if it was sea games or  tiger cup) there was kiatisuk hype in my hometown. hope to see his somersault celebration again before he retires  :coolsmiley:.

Guest exilim

The atmosphere is amazing, but i was hoping for a fully packed stadium, just 55,000 people turned up in a stadium that can host 100,000 :(

im in malaysia at the moment so i only watched it from tv. id just called my mom, she said there was crowd trouble outside the stadium. either too many supporters without tickets tried to get in or the police were trying to prevent the hooligans to enter the stadium, which explained why the second level was full while the first level was only half filled.

Why are you in Malaysia? Are you a malaysian? *** *** **** ***!

Guest ryunufc

Why are you in Malaysia? Are you a malaysian? *** *** **** ***!

indonesian studying in malaysia, im in college.

are you?

not quite hooligan ryun... they supporters... are coming to watch the game... the problem... is how can the ticket sold out if the stadium just fulled with around 50,000 if the capacity is 100,000... the delay of the ticket that come from AFC is making the distribution of the ticket is poor... i can understand they are angry if they come from another town which is far away.... just to watch the national team...