Sunderland sign Chopra. £5m!

Mr Logic

Guest graemeh72

Now given that Shearer trained and worked with both Chopra & Ameobi, and knowing that Ameobi wasn't the most ideal partner for Shearer's style of play, it surely has to show how poorly Chopra was rated?

booyakasha

Chopra had approximately 3 years here where he was at the age where if he was actually any good, at least one of our managers would have picked him ahead of Ameobi.

If Shearer had rated Chopra then he would have played every fucking week

.. read into that what you will

Maybe it means Keane is a better judge of a player than Shearer ? Time will tell.

As Shearer also feels that we are better off without Craig Bellamy, indicating he also can't be arsed to handle the odd temperamental player, lets hope to fook he never becomes NUFC manager, however "strong a character" he might be.

Chopra never looked like he would do it at Newcastle, maybe he was weighed down by expectation. We will shortly find out.

Now given that Shearer trained and worked with both Chopra & Ameobi, and knowing that Ameobi wasn't the most ideal partner for Shearer's style of play, it surely has to show how poorly Chopra was rated?

He's one of them now. Couldn't give a fuck how they rate him. Not our problem anymore.  :lol:

at least one of our managers would have picked him ahead of Ameobi.

You would think that one of them would of picked up on that. It explains why none of our x-bosses are currently employed as a managers.

You have to go pre-chopra to find a x-toon gaffer employed as a manager, Jim Smith @ Oxford, anyone  know if Ozzie is onto 58th club yet in some fooking weird country.

Guest graemeh72

Keane is a better judge of a player than Shearer ?

Discuss

... fuck me there is a dissertation or two in that ...

You would think that one of them would of picked up on that. It explains why none of our x-bosses are currently employed as a managers.

You have to go pre-chopra to find a x-toon gaffer employed as a manager, Jim Smith @ Oxford, anyone  know if Ozzie is onto 58th club yet in some fooking weird country.

As much as Chopra looked out of his depth, there were possibly reasons ie similar to Tomasson, I would far rather have played him than Ameobi, who is shit and always has been, apart from in europe that is.

As much as Chopra looked out of his depth, there were possibly reasons ie similar to Tomasson, I would far rather have played him than Ameobi, who is s*** and always has been, apart from in europe that is.

As I mentioned in another thread, the run of games Chopra did have, Ameobi p*ssed all over him.

Keane is a better judge of a player than Shearer ?

Discuss

... fuck me there is a dissertation or two in that ...

Not really, its a question not a statement. Borne out of the fact I have serious doubts about Shearer as a manager if he can't judge footballers, its the major part of the job.

As much as Chopra looked out of his depth, there were possibly reasons ie similar to Tomasson, I would far rather have played him than Ameobi, who is s*** and always has been, apart from in europe that is.

As I mentioned in another thread, the run of games Chopra did have, Ameobi p*ssed all over him.

We've seen enough of Ameobi now to know that he will not be the quality of player we should be looking for at Newcastle.

I didn't think Chopra was either, I admit that, but maybe it was the expectation on him. This move will answer the questions. I have a mate who is Welsh and supports Cardiff, and he has been well impressed with him, but jumping into the premiership is a different game. I found the comment by Keane that he "looks like a hungry goalscorer" interesting, because he does !!!!

The 2nd division - sorry I can't get into this championship bollocks - is probably Ameobi's level too.

Guest Invicta_Toon

so when did Chopra have a realistic chance at a starting place under Robson?

I'm not counting the opinion of the other two fuckwits tbh

Not really, its a question not a statement. Borne out of the fact I have serious doubts about Shearer as a manager if he can't judge footballers, its the major part of the job.

I don't watch MOTD so I am not sure what Shearer is like on there. How do you know who he rates & who he doesn't?

2003-4 season when Bellamy was out for a lot of the season, and Lua-Lua out of favour and on his way to Pompey on loan. Ameobi came in, scored 9 goals. If Robson had felt Chopra had anything in him, I'm sure he'd have played and not Ameobi.

Guest graemeh72

I don't watch MOTD so I am not sure what Shearer is like on there.

Its worth watching just to see the size of his bollocks

I don't watch MOTD so I am not sure what Shearer is like on there. How do you know who he rates & who he doesn't?

It's easy for someone to go on and rave about Ryan Giggs, for instance. But I find his attitude to Craig Bellamy puzzling. When Bellamy left, with it went his chance of lifting a cup as captain of Newcastle. His career is over, and he still appears to think we were better off without him. When he talks about him, he talks about his character rather than what he did on the pitch and his value to the club as a partner for himself.

If Alan Shearer can't appreciate that Craig Bellamy put 2 years onto his career, and he would never have scored those 2 goals in the San Siro, for starters, it says a lot.

I know that you don't like Bellamy mate, I probably don't either. But I'm not bothered about that. It's what you do on the pitch that matters, and if someone wants to be a manager, they have to be flexible and accept that for their multi million pound salaries, dealing with all sorts of personalities is part of the job, and the successful managers are the ones who do that, not just cast them aside.

A players temperament is secondary to his footballing ability, a genuine desire to be successful, and to be a winner, is often behind these "temperamental" players, they make a big difference to a team, and people who simply take the easy way out of dealing with them are the poor managers. Or to put it another way, a good manager wouldn't be concerned at all, and would be confident in his ability to manage a player.

The thing is, NE5, Roy Keane said just as bad things about Liam Miller & Kieron Richardson when he was at Man Utd, yet has already bought one of them and looks like he's trying for the other. If Shearer was manager, who's to say he wouldn't do the same regarding Bellamy?

Guest graemeh72

It's easy for someone to go on and rave about Ryan Giggs, for instance. But I find his attitude to Craig Bellamy puzzling. When Bellamy left, with it went his chance of lifting a cup as captain of Newcastle. His career is over, and he still appears to think we were better off without him. When he talks about him, he talks about his character rather than what he did on the pitch and his value to the club as a partner for himself.

If Alan Shearer can't appreciate that Craig Bellamy put 2 years onto his career, and he would never have scored those 2 goals in the San Siro, for starters, it says a lot.

I know that you don't like Bellamy mate, I probably don't either. But I'm not bothered about that. It's what you do on the pitch that matters, and if someone wants to be a manager, they have to be flexible and accept that for their multi million pound salaries, dealing with all sorts of personalities is part of the job, and the successful managers are the ones who do that, not just cast them aside.

A players temperament is secondary to his footballing ability, a genuine desire to be successful, and to be a winner, is often behind these "temperamental" players, they make a big difference to a team, and people who simply take the easy way out of dealing with them are the poor managers. Or to put it another way, a good manager wouldn't be concerned at all, and would be confident in his ability to manage a player.

Well we've got Fat Sam now... and he's brilliant at polishing turds

2003-4 season when Bellamy was out for a lot of the season, and Lua-Lua out of favour and on his way to Pompey on loan. Ameobi came in, scored 9 goals. If Robson had felt Chopra had anything in him, I'm sure he'd have played and not Ameobi.

I think that Lua Lua should have played instead of Ameobi, Chopra was still young, but maybe a few games instead of Ameobi would have been good for him. I just think Ameobi is shit, and never understood how he played. I have a stat that Ameobi scored 7 goals in 18 starts plus 8 as sub that season, and 3 goals in europe. But its not really about stats, he just isn't good enough, and wasn't a good partner for Shearer either.

The thing is, NE5, Roy Keane said just as bad things about Liam Miller & Kieron Richardson when he was at Man Utd, yet has already bought one of them and looks like he's trying for the other. If Shearer was manager, who's to say he wouldn't do the same regarding Bellamy?

which proves my point really, doesn't it ?

Keane has played all his football under Clough and Ferguson, so he will certainly be aware that personalities come 2nd to ability.

The fact he said he needed to have another drink when he heard we were in for him leads me to believe that he wouldn't be anywhere near the top of Shearer's list if, god forbid, he did become manager in the near future

Keane has played all his football under Clough and Ferguson, so he will certainly be aware that personalities come 2nd to ability.

Except when it comes to Stam...and Yorke...and Beckham.

I know that you don't like Bellamy mate, I probably don't either. But I'm not bothered about that. It's what you do on the pitch, and if someone wants to be a manager, they have to be flexible and accept that for their multi million pound salaries, dealing with all sort so personalities is part of the job, and the successful managers are the ones who do that, not just cast them aside.

Well to be fair to Shearer at a Wallsend boys function he said he rated Bellamy very highly as a footballer, this did not make the news because the people there respected the environment the talk was being done in. If Bellamy is to believed he said on SSN that Shearer rang him up & said sorry & Bellers said there is no problem with Al.Rafa has dumped him because of non-footballing reasons, anyone who thinks different is kidding themselves

Fergie is the king at turning the blind eye when its world class players like Keane & Cantona in the mire but someone like Lee Sharpe who at the time was a very good premier league player  was given the heave ho at this first opportunity cos of his negative impact on Giggs.  Curbs @ West Ham has got rid of NRC because of non-footballing reason.

Except when it comes to Stam...and Yorke...and Beckham.

You're forgetting the best of them all he let go.

Paul McGrath. ;)

just to drag this back to Chopra, the £5m premiership striker:

muahahaahahahahaahahahahahahaahaha!!!!!!!!!

i don't begrudge Cardiff the profit, its worth it for the laugh at the thought of the mackems paying that much for a Championship player. As has been said, though, maybe they are just looking ahead to the 2008/9 season?