Sunderland sign Chopra. £5m!

Mr Logic

Lovitifwebeatu,

I am glad they got this geordie though:

http://www.safc.com/team/?page_id=2623&player_id=142

f****** ginger w******

I used to go to the same school as him, canny lad.

Canny lad!!! Get to fuck!!! This snake in grass daywalker* turncoat has Kevin Ball listed as his favorite player, he will grow up to be the next Gordon Armstrong only with ginger hair.

*Daywalker = Has red hair but no freckles and therefore is not  sensitive to direct sunlight.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

We should have kept him.

I knew it would prove to be a huge mistake selling him for £500,000.

We should have kept him.

We didn't have much choice. He wouldn't be any better than 5th choice now anyway and he wouldn't have spent the season at Cardiff either so we wouldn't be getting £5m for him.

We should have kept him.

Wasn't a case of us sellin him though. He rejected the contract we offered him and went looking for regular football.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

We should have kept him.

Wasn't a case of us sellin him though. He rejected the contract we offered him and went looking for regular football.

That's because it was a one-year offer, you can't have expected him to expect a piss poor deal like that at such a young age.

We should have kept him.

That's because it was a one-year offer, you can't have expected him to expect a piss poor deal like that at such a young age.

So we should have offered a lad who was 23 (?) a long term contract even though he looked out of his depth?

We should have kept him.

Don't blame him in the slightest for wanting to drop a league and play regularly!

He never quite did enough to justify offering him a longer deal though imo. He would have been the next Jamie McGlen.  :lol:

Since he signed and was pictured wearing the red and white

his family and friends have been giving him a heap of grief.

His response to this was "I've only been here for 5 hours,and

I hate those black and white bastards already".

I dont mind him saying tjat if he did it a nice bit crack, think it has come from the same place as "he see's Sunderland as stepping stone" though.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

22 at that time, but your point remains.

How can you honestly say he looked out of his depth? I don't think he ever even started a league game for us.

who cares? why keep going on about it spence? its good sunderland bought him for 5mil because hes rubbish

He would have been the next Jamie McGlen.  :lol:

Getting a bit a carried away. In our current team of the chaps who have come through the ranks where would you place him as it stands now.

McGlen or Chopra?

Getting a bit a carried away. In our current team of the chaps who have come through the ranks where would you place him as it stands now.

McGlen or Chopra?

Chopra.

McGlen or Chopra?

Chopra.

Given a level playing field - if both started 38 games up front, I think Ameobi would get more than Chopra. Which is pretty damning imo.

I think it came down to a straight choice of keeping Chopra or Ameobi and we chose the latter.

McGlen or Chopra?

Chopra.

Given a level playing field - if both started 38 games up front, I think Ameobi would get more than Chopra. Which is pretty damning imo.

I think it came down to a straight choice of keeping Chopra or Ameobi and we chose the latter.

Fairpoint.

The thing is, NE5, Roy Keane said just as bad things about Liam Miller & Kieron Richardson when he was at Man Utd, yet has already bought one of them and looks like he's trying for the other. If Shearer was manager, who's to say he wouldn't do the same regarding Bellamy?

which proves my point really, doesn't it ?

Keane has played all his football under Clough and Ferguson, so he will certainly be aware that personalities come 2nd to ability.

Except when it comes to Stam...and Yorke...and Beckham.

There is and was a big difference, and an obvious one too

It's easy for someone to go on and rave about Ryan Giggs, for instance. But I find his attitude to Craig Bellamy puzzling. When Bellamy left, with it went his chance of lifting a cup as captain of Newcastle. His career is over, and he still appears to think we were better off without him. When he talks about him, he talks about his character rather than what he did on the pitch and his value to the club as a partner for himself.

If Alan Shearer can't appreciate that Craig Bellamy put 2 years onto his career, and he would never have scored those 2 goals in the San Siro, for starters, it says a lot.

I know that you don't like Bellamy mate, I probably don't either. But I'm not bothered about that. It's what you do on the pitch, and if someone wants to be a manager, they have to be flexible and accept that for their multi million pound salaries, dealing with all sort so personalities is part of the job, and the successful managers are the ones who do that, not just cast them aside.

A players temperament is secondary to his footballing ability, a genuine desire to be successful, and to be a winner, is often behind these "temperamental" players, they make a big difference to a team, and people who simply take the easy way out of dealing with them are the poor managers. Or to put it another way, a good manager wouldn't be concerned at all, and would be confident in his ability to manage a player.

Well to be fair to Shearer at a Wallsend boys function he said he rated Bellamy very highly as a footballer, this did not make the news because the people there respected the environment the talk was being done in. If Bellamy is to believed he said on SSN that Shearer rang him up & said sorry & Bellers said there is no problem with Al.Rafa has dumped him because of non-footballing reasons, anyone who thinks different is kidding themselves

Fergie is the king at turning the blind eye when its world class players like Keane & Cantona in the mire but someone like Lee Sharpe who at the time was a very good premier league player  was given the heave ho at this first opportunity cos of his negative impact on Giggs.  Curbs @ West Ham has got rid of NRC because of non-footballing reason.

At the end of the day mate, the best managers handle the personalities who are worth handling, if they are good enough footballers, they are worth the effort, a manager who chickens out of doing it is not wanted at Newcastle in my opinion. Bellamy was one of Newcastle's best players, a key player, and so was worth the effort.

Shearer may think his ex partner was a good player, so on that basis, why did he want him out of the club ? Does he actually realise that if Bellamy had not been kicked out of Newcastle, he may well have had a winners medal as captain of Newcastle now sitting on his sideboard at home ? Because we would without a doubt have gone through that tie in Lisbon.

If Manu sold Lee Sharpe because Giggs was ready to become a regular in the first team, then that makes it a footballing decision, and absolutely correct and the correct judgement too.

You keep your best players. If a player crosses the line which always exists then the manager must be allowed to manage, but a good manager will do what is best for the club and put the team first he should never sell players to the detriment of the clubs results, which is what happened with Craig Bellamy. If Shearer agrees with Souness' stance on this, then he has all the potential to be just as big a fuckwit as Souness.

He is finished now as a player who will play for a major club, which is shame as he is good premier league player. The likes of Arsene ,Jose & Fergie will never touch him & Rafa has shown what he thinks, because his skill doesn't match the potential disruption he brings.

I don't class the sale of Bellamy in the same league as Cole leaving or Les being sold in recent times.  He ranks absolutely nowhere the most gut wrenching sale for me when Pedro was sold. I am not 100% sure why we keep going round in these Bellamy circles, as we have to look to the future not the past.

Remember Alan Shearer has plenty of trophies & accolades, it is Newcastle United that has nowt for a long time. Focus on the club not the personalities man O0

'Sunderland agreed a deal to sign Kieran Richardson last night, after completing the signing of Michael Chopra earlier in the day. The club have agreed a fee of £5.5 million with Manchester United for Richardson, the midfield player who came through the ranks at Old Trafford. Richardson, who was also wanted by Everton and Manchester City, returned from playing for England in the European Under21 Championship finals to find that he was surplus to requirements at United after the arrival of Nani and Owen Hargreaves this summer.'

mackems.gif