Heinze on the menu for toon!

Guest hindu times

I want Heinze here he can play Center back or left back and he is very solid in his defending. Ashley should offer Man u an offer they can't say no.

I'd be more willing to pay over the odds for someone of proven quality like Heinze. Even if you're paying over his market value you know you're getting a good player and won't be left with major regrets (barring injuries or a shocking drop in form, both of which could happen to any new signing).

It's a moot point though, we have to wait and see what happens in the market. It's also not impossible that he'll stay at Man Utd if we turn out to be his only alternative.

Guest jimmy1982

seriously doubt ferguson would let him go to another english club. hardly any players leave man u when they're still at the top of their game, and fewer still are allowed to go to english clubs.

seriously doubt ferguson would let him go to another english club. hardly any players leave man u when they're still at the top of their game, and fewer still are allowed to go to english clubs.

Then again Fergie did let the best defender he's had under his stewardship not just leave, but also go to another English club.

Guest jimmy1982

Then again Fergie did let the best defender he's had under his stewardship not just leave, but also go to another English club.

i'm probably missing someone obvious here, but which defender are you talking about? paul mcgrath maybe?

There's also a few other players he let go that he probably regretted - Keith Gillespie, Andrei Kanchelskis, Henning Berg, Mark Hughes, as well as foriegn exports like Jaap Stam and Mister Ed. His acumen in the transfer market is overrated (Like most aspects of his managerial abiltity, the chequebook wielding cunt :laugh:)

That said Heinze is proper wank nowadays so he's right to want to shift him.

There's also a few other players he let go that he probably regretted - Keith Gillespie, Andrei Kanchelskis, Henning Berg, Mark Hughes, as well as foriegn exports like Jaap Stam and Mister Ed. His acumen in the transfer market is overrated (Like most aspects of his managerial abiltity, the chequebook wielding c*** :laugh:)

That said Heinze is proper w*** nowadays so he's right to want to shift him.

Gillespie was a calculated risk to get Andy Cole which payed off IMO, Gillespie never filled his full potential, I dont think Manure missed him although maybe he would have gone on to better things with them had he stayed.

Kanchelskis, Berg and Hughes were all past there best IMO, not that they didnt have years of solid performances, Berg especially, but none of those players went on to better things or became better players.

Stam and the Horse were silly moves. But they have moved on without them, and maybe Ferguson backing down and keeping them would have been a bigger weakness to the team than missing them on the pitch.

Gillespie, see what you mean, but he was a vital part of a rivals side, Taggart can't have been that happy with how well he did initially. And I thought Kanchelskis was awesome for Everton. No way past his best. The others, probably past their best yeah, but I thought Berg was a good player even if he was at the end. Semantics really, they all did alright, point being that just cos Taggart lets a player go to an English club, doesn't mean he's shite. Heinze is tho.  :parky:

Guest khyberpass

Heinze is a defo step up in class for us...heart on sleeve, quality fella...kind of bloke that Sam has signed time after time...

I'd be a happy man to see him join us. Prefer to see him as part of back 4(left back), than a back 3 mind?

Whatever happened to Sorin anyway? Seem to remember he was very close to joining Allardyce at Bolton last summer but went to Germany instead.

He's on a three year deal somewhere in germany, Hamburg? Decent player, getting on a bit now though.

If Man Utd want £6m for Heinze, make a bid.

Geremi and Viduka were free's, Rozenhal was £2.9m.  If there's a fair budget available, then £6m for someone who is a massive step up in class to Babayaro is definitely worth it.  The low cost of the 3 mentioned previously sort of balances this out, if you know what I mean...

Geremi and Viduka were free's, Rozenhal was £2.9m.  If there's a fair budget available, then £6m for someone who is a massive step up in class to Babayaro is definitely worth it.  The low cost of the 3 mentioned previously sort of balances this out, if you know what I mean...

I would much rather spend £6m on Heinze than the same (or even more) for Shorey. Still don't think he would come but I said that about Owen.

I would much rather spend £6m on Heinze than the same (or even more) for Shorey. Still don't think he would come but I said that about Owen.

I think Ferguson just doesn't want to sell him to Liverpool.  Us, on the other hand, then maybe, I don't know

Guest Guinness

Agree with this, we just need to back him into a corner just as we did with Owen, soon he will have no choice! :D

Guest Alan Shearer 9

If I can do anything to help a reputable and well respected journalist, then I will do that.