More evidence that McClaren is clueless

Guest Dr. Pongle

He's overrated but he's a decent player. Christ, to be honest he's done remarkably well to be in the U21 squad when he's spent his professional career learning off clowns like O'Brien, Boumsong, Ramage and Bramble.

I think the whole learning off other defenders at times is a bit of a cop out. Take someone like Woodgate for example, I don't think it was the fact he was playing alongside someone experienced like Radebe that he made his England debut at 19, that would have happened regardless.

Very very true. Playing alongside Pat Heard and Andy Thomas didnt hold Gazza back.

Indeed.

Who wants trophy players or top footballers when you have a board that runs a club who sign players like this instead.

Don't pretend the club moved forward massively under the Halls and Shepherd though, after all Fred was caught making nasty comments in a brothel  mackems.gif

He will have a great season. Mark my words..

I expect Taylor to move up a level in the next year or two.

If I were a premiership manager, I would pay big money for him.

Going to Everton didnt show much enterprise for me.Kept following Alan Stubbs to the toilet,not sure why but my guess is he was trying to observe the captains log.

Deary me. :lol:

One has partaken in lager mate!!!!!!!

Guest Invicta_Toon

If Taylor plays for England this year he will join Beckham in the list of infamous match-losing fuck-ups tbh

I reckon Taylor would be better alongside a good defender, however, his shortcomings would also be highlighted more. My point is that when playing next to say Bramble, he'd not be as good as playing alongside Terry, but he'd still look as if he was better when playing with Bramble

Kind of lost myself there, hope it makes any sense

Guest niina

Will do good for his confidence  :thup:

After all, he'll need it as probably he will be our regular starting eleven this season (with Rozehnal), IF no better central defender coming  :angel:

Guest Steven_MB

He will have a great season. Mark my words..

Its safe to say he will.

But now that the media have changed their opinion of him (No one would dare question the young lion of England who roared with all his might carrying injury, carry his Country and even took a pen against the Dutch c***s) he'll be getting praise from all over the place, i just hope that doesn't go to his head too much. But it would be nice for a change that a Newcastle defender, and a home talent is getting praise from all angles, yet again i think the most critical people of him will come from his own fans, we just love to knock em down.

I hope the media haven't changed opinion to much, its hilarious when the mock him on MOTD2, showing his Villa red card(needs at least a bafta for that) or when he ran into the goal post.