Argentina - The New Brazil

Shak

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Argentina aren't the new Brazil; they're Argentina. The players they produce are still distinctly Argentinian, Aguero, Messi especially, Tevez, Riquelme. Always loved Argentinian football, they have the lust for the game that English players of this generation lack.

Brazil's style of play is more predictable - two holding midfielders with attacking full backs - the quality is there but Dunga is out of his depth. It's one thing to win a trophy with Brazil, but you need to win it with exciting football; the nation won't have it any other way. And frankly, the exciting football is not there and I don't see them winning the Copa America.

Argentina look so much more powerful and confident than Brazil.

I don't think they were complaining after USA '94 mind.

Eh. believe it or not we were. We hae never liked Pareira or his team, in fact the 94 champions was elected as Brazils worst team ever to play in a World Cup. Brazil have the two best teams of all time the 1970 world champions and the 2002 world champions. Its a fact!

Brazil's style of play is more predictable - two holding midfielders with attacking full backs - the quality is there but Dunga is out of his depth. It's one thing to win a trophy with Brazil, but you need to win it with exciting football; the nation won't have it any other way. And frankly, the exciting football is not there and I don't see them winning the Copa America.

Eh. believe it or not we were. We hae never liked Pareira or his team, in fact the 94 champions was elected as Brazils worst team ever to play in a World Cup. Brazil have the two best teams of all time the 1970 world champions and the 2002 world champions. Its a fact!

People stll talks about the 1982 team AKA Zico & the losers.

1982 was the best team ever if you consider the way they played and players they had, unfortunately they didnt win a World Cup. Many people say that Zico is the best player ever to grace the game, but because he didnt win a world cup he wasnt at Maradonas or Pele level.

Argentina wasnt the best team during the World CUp last year, absolutely not. People see their serbia match as a right to call them the best team, when in life they were average against Ivory Coast. superb against Serbia, poor against Holland, dominated by Mexico and aberage against Germany.

'58 was better than them both. ;)

Argentina have always had the potential to be the best, they actually have the flair of the Brazilians but they also have the better European traits too, combined they can be the ultimate team. Over the course of a competition though, they can't seem to keep it going. One day they will though, they have too much talent.

I don't know what's happened to Brazil myself, they still produce the players but when they all get together, they just don't seem to click anymore like they once did. I reckon most of them have been so de-coached out of their natural Brazilian rhythm which is unique to them and more dance like (some of their football takes moves from martial arts believe it or not, very interesting football culture the Brazilians, they've borrowed things from all kinds of art forms) and as a result struggle to get back into it as a collective unit. You can see Dunga is trying to change the approach too, to make them more European, so there is a clash of cultures going on in there I think, the Brazilian way vs the more European way, but without any balance joining the two together, hence an off looking team where only individually do they shine and even then that's becoming rarer (see Ronaldinho in Germany). They've never been right since 94 IMO were despite criticisms back in their own land about being too defensive, they played some great stuff at times. The crash of 98 haunts them still too, despite their win in 2002.

Mind, the sheer weight of expectations on them, individually (Ronaldinho 2006, Ronaldo 98) and as a team, not just in their own homeland, but throughout the world, is crazy. They could score 5 goals but if they don't play like Brazil, they've been poor.

BTW I've been reading tons of stuff about their football back home, where kids would once play with small balls on sand pitches in their bare feet, they are now being treated to luxury in comparison with a massive programme of spending on pitches and facilities being pushed through. That IMO is a bad move. Let them play with oranges in their bare feet on sand and wasteground, afterall that's what they owe their entire footballing legacy to.

In many ways Africa is the new Brazil. Kids learning to play the game using oranges on desolate wasteground.

One of the reasons behind our own falling ability standards is the destruction of street football here in the UK. You put kids on state of the art pitches, give them expert coaches and lots of aids like hurdles, speed ladders and such and all you'll be producing is identikit robots with no flair or rhythm.

Yet all kids want to do is play football, doesn't matter where, the worse the pitch, the better the challenge.

In 20 or so years, Brazil will produce fewer Brazilians, and they'll be overtaken as the footballing nation by Africa whose teams are a breath of fresh air... until they too become conditioned to expert coaches, state of the art facilities and technology.

Speaking of '94, the Argentina team in that tournament were the closest thing I've seen to the all-out attack of Brazil in '82.

Guest BillyRay Valentine

anyone know if sunday's final going to be on eurosport? or is it a sky sports only thing?

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Just read the end of HTT's post there in that quote, there's more shit in that post than a toilet full of shit. Playing with oranges? Brazil will produce fewer brazilians? What the fuck are they going to produce? Africa will overtake Brazil???

No they were not my friend. 1982 was supposed to be best team with at that time best players in the world like Falcao, Socrates and Zico. Oh god, what a team they had. Problem was they only attacked attacked and attacked. They lost to Italy because they couldnt play defensive football and cause Dino Zoff was a monster that day. 1970 was though the proof that magic does exist. 58' team was good no doubt with players like Vava, Pele (only 17 years old) and Garrincha (better then Maradona and all these other guys, even Pele i would say). 2002 was the example of a team which grew by everygame and had a brilliant attacking football as well as a modern day built defence with big and stron but also technical defenders.

COACHHTT/// Honestly ive never heard that much b***s*** in my life. Africa will never overtake Brazil, remember that Africa for many years have been using false info for their players during Olympic games. theyre all 4 years older then what you think. Martins is 28 remember :D

Argentina have always had the potential to be the best, they actually have the flair of the Brazilians but they also have the better European traits too, combined they can be the ultimate team. Over the course of a competition though, they can't seem to keep it going. One day they will though, they have too much talent.

I don't know what's happened to Brazil myself, they still produce the players but when they all get together, they just don't seem to click anymore like they once did. I reckon most of them have been so de-coached out of their natural Brazilian rhythm which is unique to them and more dance like (some of their football takes moves from martial arts believe it or not, very interesting football culture the Brazilians, they've borrowed things from all kinds of art forms) and as a result struggle to get back into it as a collective unit. You can see Dunga is trying to change the approach too, to make them more European, so there is a clash of cultures going on in there I think, the Brazilian way vs the more European way, but without any balance joining the two together, hence an off looking team where only individually do they shine and even then that's becoming rarer (see Ronaldinho in Germany). They've never been right since 94 IMO were despite criticisms back in their own land about being too defensive, they played some great stuff at times. The crash of 98 haunts them still too, despite their win in 2002.

Mind, the sheer weight of expectations on them, individually (Ronaldinho 2006, Ronaldo 98) and as a team, not just in their own homeland, but throughout the world, is crazy. They could score 5 goals but if they don't play like Brazil, they've been poor.

BTW I've been reading tons of stuff about their football back home, where kids would once play with small balls on sand pitches in their bare feet, they are now being treated to luxury in comparison with a massive programme of spending on pitches and facilities being pushed through. That IMO is a bad move. Let them play with oranges in their bare feet on sand and wasteground, afterall that's what they owe their entire footballing legacy to.

In many ways Africa is the new Brazil. Kids learning to play the game using oranges on desolate wasteground.

One of the reasons behind our own falling ability standards is the destruction of street football here in the UK. You put kids on state of the art pitches, give them expert coaches and lots of aids like hurdles, speed ladders and such and all you'll be producing is identikit robots with no flair or rhythm.

Yet all kids want to do is play football, doesn't matter where, the worse the pitch, the better the challenge.

In 20 or so years, Brazil will produce fewer Brazilians, and they'll be overtaken as the footballing nation by Africa whose teams are a breath of fresh air... until they too become conditioned to expert coaches, state of the art facilities and technology.

Speaking of '94, the Argentina team in that tournament were the closest thing I've seen to the all-out attack of Brazil in '82.

Hadnt Maradona been such a w***** they would have won the WORLD CUP, id much rather seen them win then the shit team Parreira brought to that World Cup. Maradona proved the world once more hes a dumba**. What a j**k. The dutch team with Aaron Winter from the Bench and Bergkamp was also great in that world cup only loosing to a Brazil who played their only offensive game during the whole tournament.

Watched the other night against Peru. Riquelme was fucking awesome pulling the strings in midfield. Out-of-favour at Villareal, I reckon he's definitely worth a punt ahead of Deco, regardless of the baggage you get with him.

The pass he made for Messi's goal in that match was just amazing.

Such a quality player on the ball.

You trying to be funny, because if you were either i forgot to laugh or youre simply not funny. Say what you want, bring Argentinas B team and play Brazil best team and the result would be the same, we would demolish them so please dont speak. Because i guess your saying Fumaca is really close to get on this shitty team no?

You trying to be funny, because if you were either i forgot to laugh or youre simply not funny. Say what you want, bring Argentinas B team and play Brazil best team and the result would be the same, we would demolish them so please dont speak. Because i guess your saying Fumaca is really close to get on this shitty team no?

Touchy. :lol:

Holy Copacabana!!! It was lighted hearted banter, I gues your on edge with the final only days away. I want the yellow & blues to win, how can I like Argentiana after they done this:

http://www.esaweb.org.uk/images/65987796.jpg

No they were not my friend. 1982 was supposed to be best team with at that time best players in the world like Falcao, Socrates and Zico. Oh god, what a team they had. Problem was they only attacked attacked and attacked. They lost to Italy because they couldnt play defensive football and cause Dino Zoff was a monster that day. 1970 was though the proof that magic does exist. 58' team was good no doubt with players like Vava, Pele (only 17 years old) and Garrincha (better then Maradona and all these other guys, even Pele i would say). 2002 was the example of a team which grew by everygame and had a brilliant attacking football as well as a modern day built defence with big and stron but also technical defenders.

COACHHTT/// Honestly ive never heard that much b***s*** in my life. Africa will never overtake Brazil, remember that Africa for many years have been using false info for their players during Olympic games. theyre all 4 years older then what you think. Martins is 28 remember :D

You forgot the great Didi.

Holy Copacabana!!! It was lighted hearted banter, I gues your on edge with the final only days away. I want the yellow & blues to win, how can I like Argentiana after they done this:

http://www.esaweb.org.uk/images/65987796.jpg

What the f*** is that? Thats the ugliest piece of art ive ever seen in my life.

Ok, sorry again for my previous comment. But wow, what does this have to do with either Newcastle United Football Club, Argentina, Brazil or HTT?

He was on the British troop ship Sir Galahad that got bombed by the Argies. The Argies hate the English as well esp our football team, so I want Brazil to win.

Ok, sorry again for my previous comment. But wow, what does this have to do with either Newcastle United Football Club, Argentina, Brazil or HTT?

He sustained his injuries in the Falklands conflict.