£50M Question

Dan Gleebals

Btw that list puts Ashley at 488th richest person in the world. :)

Your bloke is 618th, so ner. :razz:

Also that list was made just before he made $2 billion from the floatation of Sports World, which doubled his personal fortune to $4 billion.  Which would put him up to number 214 (of course some other billionaires may have increased there fortunes significantly that year as well..).

There's nowhere to go after this current upping of the ante, is there?

I mean, there aren't any richer people than those currently buying up Premiership clubs, only other people just as rich. Although I suppose the rich are getting richer...

Also that list was made just before he made $2 billion from the floatation of Sports World, which doubled his personal fortune to $4 billion.  Which would put him up to number 214 (of course some other billionaires may have increased there fortunes significantly that year as well..).

However, we're owned by the Lerner family trust, which manages the wealth of Randy Lerner, his sister and his mother, who all are individually worth pretty much the same amount, so you can triple that figure and ya booh sucks.

That means we can fail to sign players who cost at least double the players who can fail to sign.

Yay! Oh ....

Also that list was made just before he made $2 billion from the floatation of Sports World, which doubled his personal fortune to $4 billion.

The shares have tumbled since then & I am sure he has something like 40% to 57% stake in them. He has also paid £100 million to buy the Toon. Obv the quick £30 mill he made off those Adidas shares will more than likely cover him paying off most of NUFC debt off.

Guest Johan

Going to bed now, hoping I will wake up to Ashley being a few millions less rich and us having three more players:)

He makes enough money to pay off our (his!) stadium debts by shifting a bit of spare cash around. Works for me.

I love it how we just think he can go to the cash point & get  approx £69,000,0000 out & then pay the debt off while he settles his gas bill. 

Also that list was made just before he made $2 billion from the floatation of Sports World, which doubled his personal fortune to $4 billion.

The shares have tumbled since then & I am sure he has something like 40% to 57% stake in them. He has also paid £100 million to buy the Toon. Obv the quick £30 mill he made off those Adidas shares will more than likely cover him paying off most of NUFC debt off.

The share price has no effect on his personal fortune, the £1 billion I referred to was earned by selling 43% of Sports World on floatation.  Of course it effects the worth of his assets, but that's a seperate matter.

However, we're owned by the Lerner family trust, which manages the wealth of Randy Lerner, his sister and his mother, who all are individually worth pretty much the same amount, so you can triple that figure and ya booh sucks.

That means we can fail to sign players who cost at least double the players who can fail to sign.

Yay! Oh ....

Actually no, tripling Randy Lerners fortune wouldn't put it close to double that of Ashley's.  It would basically make them level.. so boo sucks to you fritzey.. :lol:

Guest Invicta_Toon

I don't know what's worse tbh, the fact he might feel he has pocket change invested in NUFC, or whether he thinks he has a significant amount of his money invested

Guest Toonie

when these magazines make these rich lists. they are often exaggerated and askew. They don't take in to account the person's debt, and how much of their money is borrowed or being used. Richard branson for instance has no where near the amount that it is suggested he has because he is investing his own money into things like Virgin Galactic. the magazines don't take this into consideration. My guess is that Mike Ashley has a lot less cash than 4 billion, its probably closer to 1 bill

when these magazines make these rich lists. they are often exaggerated and askew. They don't take in to account the person's debt, and how much of their money is borrowed or being used. Richard branson for instance has no where near the amount that it is suggested he has because he is investing his own money into things like Virgin Galactic. the magazines don't take this into consideration. My guess is that Mike Ashley has a lot less cash than 4 billion, its probably closer to 1 bill

Well yeah of course he won't have $4 billion all in cash (probably $3 billion or so)..  As with everyone listed by the likes of Forbes his estimated fortune will include assets such as his home, private plans, boats ect.  Though it doesn't include shares, of which he has at least another couple of billion dollars worth.

And yet he still obviously doesn't own a razor and shops in Geordie Jeans. How can someone so rich continue to look like a tramp?

If you have massive amounts of cash then you can dress any way you want without worrying too much what others think, that's not me speaking from experience.

And yet he still obviously doesn't own a razor and shops in Geordie Jeans. How can someone so rich continue to look like a tramp?

If you have massive amounts of cash then you can dress any way you want without worrying too much what others think, that's not me speaking from experience.

You clearly hate rich people.

I was out one day and this bandwagon came along so I thought why not and just climbed aboard.  It's not everyday you see one, the last one had Keegan's name on it.

I was out one day and this bandwagon came along so I thought why not and just climbed aboard.  It's not everyday you see one, the last one had Keegan's name on it.

Disgusting.