Which positions do you think Allardyce needs to strengthen further?

Guest niina

If Sam Plays 4-4-3 then we probably need:

CB - Someone Experienced like Campbell

CB/RB - Someone who can play both positions well like Beye

LB - Baines or Shorey

DM - Alou Diarra

CM - Deco

Deco, Diarra and Barton as a 3 would be amazing for us.

4-4-3?

If Sam Plays 4-4-3 then we probably need:

CB - Someone Experienced like Campbell

CB/RB - Someone who can play both positions well like Beye

LB - Baines or Shorey

DM - Alou Diarra

CM - Deco

Deco, Diarra and Barton as a 3 would be amazing for us.

4-4-3?

ssssshhhhhhh!!

We'll never get away with it with whistle-blowers like you around.  :rant:

Left back, attacking CM, and another CD.

Pretty much sums it up.

Reckon we could do with a DM as well, considering we'll probably be playing 3 in the middle a fair bit.

:rolleyes:

Left back, attacking CM, and another CD.

Pretty much sums it up.

Reckon we could do with a DM as well, considering we'll probably be playing 3 in the middle a fair bit.

:rolleyes:

We haven't signed Duscher yet and I've already said he'll do if we haven't got much to spend, so you can roll those eyes up your ass mate.

Woud be a nice trick.

I personally think he only needs to strengthen the defence.

We need (as Sam himself has said) two good players for every position. This means that defensively (including the goalkeeping position) we should have 10 good first-team quality (ideally 'better' than other teams have) players.

How many do we already have?

GOALKEEPER - 2 (Given/Harper, so NONE needed)

CENTRE BACK (A) - 1 (Taylor, so ONE needed)

CENTRE BACK (B) - 1 (Rozenhal, so ONE needed)

RIGHT BACK - 1 (Geremi, so ONE needed)

LEFT BACK - 0 (so TWO needed)

So  -  we still need to acquire a total of FIVE new, top quality, defenders (in my view).

Shade OTT

We need a top quality CB and LB, maybe at RB if Sam isn't comfortable with Solano, Geremi and Carr there.

The other LB only has to be decent cover, if we even sign one that is. Reckon Babayaro will end up being 2nd choice.

Possibly a 4th choice CB, but even then I'm not expecting anything more than a solid, but quite limited, player.

We need a really top class LB and CB though. Marquez and Riise/Heinze would do nicely. :lol:

It depends on what we are aiming to achieve, as a club, this season.  If the objective is to go on failing due to lack of quality players during injuries and suspensions, then what I say may be OTT. If we are moving up a gear or two, to try to challenge for a high league placing and challenge for a cup or two, then I am not being "OTT".

I personally feel that we are going to try to 'move up a gear' this season, so I say we need a further five good defenders.

I bet Sam goes for them, too. He may settle for only getting four more, if we accept that Solano is a reasonable quality cover at Right Back, for one more season. Yeah, I bet he goes for five more, but may only get four of them.

If we aim lower, we will finish lower. it's not as if money is a problem and I think Sam knows how to 'attract' players, until such time (soon, I think) where he will not need to do too much work to attract quality players, due to our league position by the end of the coming season.

I Think we still need to strengten our defence in the first place: 2 left backs,  1 central defender(experienced/star player), 1 Right back. 

I depends very much on which style Big Sam is thinking to play. If we are going to play 4-3-3 i think we need a playmaker and a midfielder right/left.

If we play 4-4-2, i think we need a DMC(kind of vieira or kean kind of type) and a playmaker(star player).  I think our strikers will work very well if we can keep the 4 of them. But that is my opinion.

The way I think big sam would play today's squad:

Goalkeepers: given, harper and krull

Right back: Geremi, Solano, Carr

Left Back: Babayaro

Central Defender: Taylor, Rozehnal, Ramage,huntington and Edgar

Rigt Midfield: Solano, Geremi, Milner, dyer

left midffield: Zoggy, Milner, duff, pattison, Luque, emre

Central midfield: Butt,barton, dyer, geremi, zoggy, emre

Strikers: Owen, Martins, Viduka and Ameobi

4-3-3 / 4-5-1

Midfield: Zoggy, butt, barton, dyer, emre and geremi would be my choice

Strikers/wingers: Milner, duff, Luque, martins, viduka, ameobi, and owen. 

I dont think martins, owen and Viduka would make a good partnership in a 4-3-3 formation, and I would just use one of them if we are going to play like that. Use Milner, duff and and Luque on the "wings".

But that is just my opinion.. I really hope we get some star playmaker, and a star center back, then I think we will become one of the top 5 again  :smitten: