Summer spending fun

madras
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shepherd's lack of financial clout in terms of not being able to buy the Halls out in one single hit. The Halls - ie Cameron Hall PTY - have been in the financial s*** for about 7 years now and they needed to get out, quickly and for the best possible price. They weren't prepared to wait for Shepherd who was buying tiny amounts of shares, at intervals that were few and far between. There's alot of hot fart gas being spouted off recently, both from Ashley's camp and SJH.

This is fart gas too. At the point where SJH sold out, Shepherd could no longer go on buying tiny amounts of shares. If he increased his holding, he would have had to offer for the lot. He obviously didn't have the finance to do so.

So most people feel the takeover means sod all in terms of transfer funds? Interesting.

I don't think that's what most people feel.

For myself, I think that SA, pending Ashley's review, is proceeding with the kind of budget he would have had under Shepherd. More money will probably materialise, and some kind of "trophy signing" may be on the cards. Or not. If Oba's release clause gets triggered, for example, I imagine enough cash will materialise to buy a top-quality replacement. We may well splash out on a fancy playmaker. And more money will definitely be spent on the defence.

Shepherd's lack of financial clout in terms of not being able to buy the Halls out in one single hit. The Halls - ie Cameron Hall PTY - have been in the financial s*** for about 7 years now and they needed to get out, quickly and for the best possible price. They weren't prepared to wait for Shepherd who was buying tiny amounts of shares, at intervals that were few and far between. There's alot of hot fart gas being spouted off recently, both from Ashley's camp and SJH.

This is fart gas too. At the point where SJH sold out, Shepherd could no longer go on buying tiny amounts of shares. If he increased his holding, he would have had to offer for the lot. He obviously didn't have the finance to do so.

And do you think the Halls were prepared to wait around to early 2008 for the Shepherd to further increase his stakeholding? ie. closer to the buyout 30% mark. Shepherd was only purchasing shares in conjuction with the dividends he was receiving, and he was still 1-2% shy of hitting the the above mentioned 30% mark. So for the amount of and at the rate he was purchasing shares it probably would've taken a couple of years, or even more, to hit the target.

Follow his share-buying trend/activity over the past few years - i'm sure there are reliable rescources on the net - and don't let your unrelenting hatred of Shepherd cloud over fact before posting baseless shite.

Shepherd was only purchasing shares in conjuction with the dividends he was receiving, and he was still 1-2% shy of hitting the the above mentioned 30% mark. So for the amount of and at the rate he was purchasing shares it probably would've taken a couple of years, or even more, to hit the target.

Follow his share-buying trend/activity over the past few years - i'm sure there are reliable rescources on the net - and don't let your unrelenting hatred of Shepherd cloud over fact before posting baseless shite.

Take your own advice. In the last couple of years before selling up, Shepherd increased his shareholding by around 4 percent -- revealing your conclusion that it would take him a couple of years to buy 2 percent to be, yes, baseless shite.

And even then you miss the point, which is that even had he acquired that 2 percent, he still wouldn't have had the finance to buy out the rest.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Yes, as any fool can see, as he has been spending it.

that's kind of the fucking point, he hasn't spent it

jesus christ

So most people feel the takeover means sod all in terms of transfer funds? Interesting.

For myself, I think that SA, pending Ashley's review, is proceeding with the kind of budget he would have had under Shepherd. More money will probably materialise, and some kind of "trophy signing" may be on the cards. Or not. If Oba's release clause gets triggered, for example, I imagine enough cash will materialise to buy a top-quality replacement. We may well splash out on a fancy playmaker. And more money will definitely be spent on the defence.

What he said.

I like the idea that we aren't running round with our cocks in our hands, throwing money at crap like we used to.

I just wish we could get a true top class player to partner Owen long term, instead of the fat convict, and stop pretending that Babayaro is anything other than a big heap of jizz.

Guest Invicta_Toon

he already has the budget

i'm sure he does, i just like the way he hasn't wasted it yet.

He's clearly a man who knows what he wants.

no questions asked is what he wants I would guess

What he said.

I like the idea that we aren't running round with our cocks in our hands, throwing money at crap like we used to.

I just wish we could get a true top class player to partner Owen long term, instead of the fat convict, and stop pretending that Babayaro is anything other than a big heap of jizz.

Just going on the poll. Most people believe we have £10-15 million to spend.

By my reckoning that is at best no more than most would have expected from the old regime, which strikes me as a little odd.

What he said.

By my reckoning that is at best no more than most would have expected from the old regime, which strikes me as a little odd.

I think there is a lot more available. I'd say £25m would be closer.

What he said.

Based on your ind-depth insider knowledge, like your "Roeder will be here next season", or your ability to make up shite, like your "Roeder will be here next season"?

i don't think there is any set budget,more a case of get the players we need based on value and who we can tempt here.

for example no matter how much is spent if they get a chance to sign a world star at who would benefit the team at a massivly knocked down price (transfer request/caught shagging managers wife/last year of contract type thing)then they will do it.

What he said.

Based on your ind-depth insider knowledge, like your "Roeder will be here next season", or your ability to make up shite, like your "Roeder will be here next season"?

Don't know where you're getting that from I'd like to see a quote. Others on this site know I was one of the few that said Roeder wouldn't be here.

It's clearly a total guess right as is seems we are thinking of £58m for Ronny.

I see you've changed your sig to "challenging" today. :lol:  Stick to your guns man....Don't be changing shit everyday. :D

i don't think there is any set budget,more a case of get the players we need based on value and who we can tempt here.

for example no matter how much is spent if they get a chance to sign a world star at who would benefit the team at a massivly knocked down price (transfer request/caught shagging managers wife/last year of contract type thing)then they will do it.

I agree it is silly to talk budgets Sam will try and bring in all the people he needs as soon as possible and big names if they are available especially for branding reasons, something Ashley is keenly aware of.

What he said.

Don't know where you're getting that from I'd like to see a quote. Others on this site know I was one of the few that said Roeder wouldn't be here.

It's clearly a total guess right as is seems we are thinking of £58m for Ronny.

I see you've changed your sig to "challenging" today. :lol:  Stick to your guns man....Don't be changing shit everyday. :D

my sig has always said that. We'll never be doing it, so it means fuck all.

thinking of £58m!!! Christ, this gets funnier.