Our best transfer of the last 15 years

Guest jamesmartinsmith

Guest firetotheworks

Dont get why people think shearer was our best signing. Yes he was immense but we smashed the world transfer record to sign him...and won nowt.Someone made an excellent point about how Cole was a good deal in every aspect, a cheap signing, a high transfer with a swap for a decent player and a replacement in sir les, and when he played for us he was unreal. Beardsley for me though, on the bench at Everton and then world beater for us for a long time. Someone we still havent replaced with the same amount of quality.

TINO

Tino was just like Oba though, entertaining but not necessarily productive.

scoring a hat trick against barca in champs lge isnt productive!!!!!

scoring 17 goals in your first season in a foreign country and having a spell out injured!

I have a few........

1 alan shearer

2 shay given

3 rob lee

4 peter beardsley

5 andy cole

6 les ferdinand

7 phillipe albert

Shearer, value for money all round and in his penultimate season  he led the line better than anyone you'll ever see.

Can't believe the nob who bleated on about shearer destroying the world renowned 'bellamy kluivert' partnership

Exactly, i would rather play against overweight Kluivert and 'i can't finish' Bellamy, than an aging but still class Shearer

Shearer, value for money all round and in his penultimate season  he led the line better than anyone you'll ever see.

Can't believe the nob who bleated on about shearer destroying the world renowned 'bellamy kluivert' partnership

Exactly, i would rather play against overweight Kluivert and 'i can't finish' Bellamy, than an aging but still class Shearer

As for the arguement that somehow makes me a "nob", Kluivert and Bellamy had just ripped Crystal Palace apart away from home in their first and ultimately only partnership together in a 4-4-2, with Kluivert scoring a class goal and Bellamy being a threat all night. Shearer at the time was pretty useless because of his immobility, even more so away from home, and was being back pocketed practically every match in the Premiership. Absolutely no justification for him coming back from a lengthy injury (10 weeks?) and immediately going straight back into the team.

Im sure most Premiership defenders with a bit of strength and height (ie majority) would privately have loved to have marked Shearer at that stage, because he was regularly being dominated and couldnt get a sniff at goal. Even Ameobi was regularly finding himself on the end of chances, a mediocre to average player who is only still at the club because hes a Geordie - thats how bad things had become for Big Al. Battling with defenders means little when you cant get a shot at goal nor get half a yard on them, and thats what was happening, ultimately the defenders go home patting themselves on the back because its a case of job done, regardless of the bruises.

TINO

martins entertaining?

When was the last time we had a player who scored a goal from 25 yards which travelled at 84mph?

ok so since martins scored 1 good goal it makes him an entertaining player? you obviously have no idea. Martins was rubbish last season. ok he scored quite a few goals but thats all he would do all game. I wouldnt say we had any entertaining players last season, players like ronaldo, rooney, etc. are what i called entertaining players. not rubbish like martins that isnt even capable of controlling a ball

I'm tempted to point out something regarding the fact that he still scored a very decent amount of goals for a young player (and a striker, whose primary objective is to score goals, nothing else) in a new country, with a new club, in a new country, under a terrible manager, and with very poor support but I really can't be bothered with the resulting and overdone argument that will follow.

Guest firetotheworks

TINO

martins entertaining?

When was the last time we had a player who scored a goal from 25 yards which travelled at 84mph?

ok so since martins scored 1 good goal it makes him an entertaining player? you obviously have no idea. Martins was rubbish last season. ok he scored quite a few goals but thats all he would do all game. I wouldnt say we had any entertaining players last season, players like ronaldo, rooney, etc. are what i called entertaining players. not rubbish like martins that isnt even capable of controlling a ball

Bit of a daft point to make there like mate.

TINO

martins entertaining?

Bit of a daft point to make there like mate.

how? score 15 tap ins in 1 season and that makes you an entertaining player? something wrong with you?

P.S. im not your mate

Guest firetotheworks

Us scoring goals doesnt entertain you? Also the very point that he can be so hot and cold makes him entertaining in my eyes. If you want to be petty and bring in daft little things like me not being your mate then go ahead, but I'd rather take the moral high ground and stick to the point thanks.

am i on about newcastle as a team? no im not. im on about individual players and i wouldnt find a player entertaining if all he did all game was score a tap in. if you find that entertaining your easily pleased and need to get a life

Guest woffy_27

has to be shearer, a geordie lad scored goals for fun and gave 100% every game, the other one i can think of is gavin peacock if it wasnt for him god knows where we would have been now

Guest firetotheworks

am i on about newcastle as a team? no im not. im on about individual players and i wouldnt find a player entertaining if all he did all game was score a tap in. if you find that entertaining your easily pleased and need to get a life

My god, you're right, I DO need to get a life, why thankyou all seeing wise one. Heres me thinking that goals lead to victories and that a PLAYER who scores goals help towards victories. I thought that unpredictability and sponteneity are what makes life worth living, how could I have been so blind? Tap ins are'nt exciting, but Martins is'nt all about tap in's is he?

If all Obafemi Martins does next season is score 20 tap ins i'll be fucking ecstatic.

My god, you're right, I DO need to get a life, why thankyou all seeing wise one. Heres me thinking that goals lead to victories and that a PLAYER who scores goals help towards victories. I thought that unpredictability and sponteneity are what makes life worth living, how could I have been so blind? Tap ins are'nt exciting, but Martins is'nt all about tap in's is he?

If all your bothered about is winning and not watching good football why not go and support chelsea.

If all your bothered about is winning and not watching good football why not go and support chelsea.

If thats how it works why don't you go and support Man U? They play more attractive football than us and I reckon they will for a long time!

If thats how it works why don't you go and support Man U? They play more attractive football than us and I reckon they will for a long time!

I would rather we played attractive football than win every game 1-0 in a boring game. Whats the point in going to the match if all your bothered about is winning and why pay money to go and watch boring matches when all your bothered about is winning? You might as well just look on the internet for the score after the match is finished. and as for your comment GayJon i love watching man utd play and im sure many other people on here do, they are like a 2nd team to me  :thup: