Where's The Beef?

Tsunami

I'd bet the main reason Duscher went home early was probably more to do with attitude than fitness, as they must have known his fitness would be questionable.

Perhaps after meeting him they decided he was a bit of a wanka?

I'd bet the main reason Duscher went home early was probably more to do with attitude than fitness, as they must have known his fitness would be questionable.

I said on here last night that I can see it being over wages.

Guest optimistic nit

attitude maybe wages probably not. i very much doubt you discuss wages with a trialee the very day he arrives. it will be to do with fitness or maybe attitude or shak says imo. (do we even know if he's gone though).

attitude maybe wages probably not. i very much doubt you discuss wages with a trialee the very day he arrives. it will be to do with fitness or maybe attitude or shak says imo. (do we even know if he's gone though).

Agreed, can't see why they would start talking about wages before Allardyce has even seen how good/bad he is.

Why not?

He goes out to train and his agent is in talking about what sort of deal he's looking for, after all there is no point in him wasting a week here training if we're miles apart in terms of what wages we think he's worth.

Why not?

He goes out to train and his agent is in talking about what sort of deal he's looking for, after all there is no point in him wasting a week here training if we're miles apart in terms of what wages we think he's worth.

How can we decide what he is worth before we have had a look at him? He could come in and play like Pattisons retarded brother or he could actually be really good.

Why not?

How can we decide what he is worth before we have had a look at him? He could come in and play like Pattisons retarded brother or he could actually be really good.

You wouldn't decide how much to offer someone from watching them in a training session anyway, you would have a rough idea before hand from watching him previously at Deportivo.

Guest Verlaine

I think people are unhappy about us being linked with s**** like Queudrue and Young rather than us not spending millions tbh.

Hit the nail on the head.

I couldn't give a crap about prices, it's the quality of players we're (apparently) chasing. Gradually we're after poorer players and that's reason for concern in my book. Are we struggling to attract the players necessary to improve us? Is there no money in the kitty? Why are we looking at midtable players like Young and Queudrue? Young and Queudrue would be very much like the signings of Babayaro and Carr.

Linked with Ronaldinho today. happy?

why should be have known that he is unfit before inviting him over here?

what have we lost with this "pointless excersise?

we sent him home (if indeed we did). because he was unfit. that kind of suggests we didn't know how unfit he was before bringing him, or we thought we could work with his fitness.

you make no sense.

I almost give up. We could have checked basic fitness levels before he came over. If Sam fancied him his current fitness levels would have been taken into consideration & he would have been given a week or two. Sam wasn't at training for his first day. His fitness would not improve in the two days he was there.

Conclusion: Sam didn't really fancy him but through circumstance made him give it a half hearted shot

Question: Why did Sam have to go down this route?

SA: Alright Aldo, you fat?

AD: What?

SA: Are you a big fatty fat fat?

AD: Er no

SA: Alright fancy a trial?

AD: Will be there tomorrow Mr Allardyce

Flys over, arrives at training ground.

LC: Fuck off you lying fat cunt!

Flys home.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sadly the Queudrue rumours are a tad more believable, don't you think?

Don't know why I bothered responding to that actually, it's a crap wind up to be fair.

Guest Verlaine

Sadly I think the Queudrue rumours are a tad more believable, don't you think?

I don't believe anything I read in the papers, to be honest with you. I treat every rumour with equal disdain.

Said before - not going to be easy to get the really good players ; I understand how impatient fans are to see some really decent signings, but you just have to look at what has happened so far - only Man U & Liverpool have really made a few top class signings and this is because ;-

a) they are in a more settled situation than NUFC right now

b) they are perceived by players as clubs going places.

Does anyone honestly believe that we could have competed for either Torres or Babel against Liverpool at this time ? No, thought not - and yet, 5 years ago we were perceived as the club with better prospects...

It will take hard graft & time before we are in that position again - if ever, although we have to believe we can do it....the last 3 years have left NUFC's reputation in tatters and even before THAT we hadn't won anything since 1969 - players look at those things when making decisions about where to go ; those of you who don't want 'results-based' football should remember that when ANOTHER top player goes elsewhere...

I think people are more concerned with what the club does over the coming 6 weeks than what it has done over the past 6 weeks. We've snapped up the Premiership bargains, but that was the easy part. Now we're challenged with sorting out the defence, something the previous managers have all had problems doing, and I'm particularly curious to see how Sam approaches this and how Ashley/Mort back him in doing so.

My feeling and this is pure speculation, is that Queudrue and Young would have been on Sam's list as cheap limited-but-proven Premiership full backs, essentially fallback options if other targets fall through. They're the types of player he would have gone for at Bolton.

Where's the Beef?

What a silly thread. 

We've made some good signings and they have cost us next to nothing so far.  There's still loads of time left in the transfer window for more signings to happen, let's judge Ashley & Allerdyce once the transfer window is over.

Where's the Beef?

What a silly thread. 

We've made some good signings and they have cost us next to nothing so far.  There's still loads of time left in the transfer window for more signings to happen, let's judge Ashley & Allerdyce once the transfer window is over.

you spelt our own managers name wrong!  :clap: Sam Allardyce you not mean?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Verlaine

What's really going on? The early excitement of the takeover is becoming increasingly replaced with thoughts of what are we doing & where is the cash?

The colds facts at the moment are that we have a net spend of less than 2M, having activated 1 players get out clause & a comparative small amount on a defender. We have also captured 2 out of contract players. We have also failed to attract another free agent (Ben Haim) and have been rebuffed by Beye, Heinze & possibly others that we do not know about.

Other clubs are striding ahead of us in this preseason market. Some of the money may be stupid but they are spending it. Look around at the transfers that have happened and the squad building that the lesser clubs are doing.

Sam made it clear that he wants a new defence. So far we have released more defenders than we have brought in; although it seems that Geremi will be used as a right back. We still need another RB, 2LB's & at least 1 more central defender & another central midfield player. We haven't got much time to get these in & make them into a defensive unit ready for the start of the season. If either Martins or Owen leaves we have further holes to plug.

Where is the cash?

Why can't we get the players we want?

http://www.toontastic.net/board/style_emoticons/default/finger.gif

What's really going on? The early excitement of the takeover is becoming increasingly replaced with thoughts of what are we doing & where is the cash?

The colds facts at the moment are that we have a net spend of less than 2M, having activated 1 players get out clause & a comparative small amount on a defender. We have also captured 2 out of contract players. We have also failed to attract another free agent (Ben Haim) and have been rebuffed by Beye, Heinze & possibly others that we do not know about.

Other clubs are striding ahead of us in this preseason market. Some of the money may be stupid but they are spending it. Look around at the transfers that have happened and the squad building that the lesser clubs are doing.

Sam made it clear that he wants a new defence. So far we have released more defenders than we have brought in; although it seems that Geremi will be used as a right back. We still need another RB, 2LB's & at least 1 more central defender & another central midfield player. We haven't got much time to get these in & make them into a defensive unit ready for the start of the season. If either Martins or Owen leaves we have further holes to plug.

Where is the cash?

http://www.toontastic.net/board/style_emoticons/default/finger.gif

The thread was about more than just the odd post & an awful lot still holds true. Sam has clearly had problems with the new regime & transfers, whilst we still don't know anything more about MA. Sam talks to CM twice a week - wow.

The recent transfers are at a time in pre-season when most people would have otherwise labelled them last minute signings & Sam has himself stated that he missed out on his first choice targets.

Things have improved but my god they needed to & we need further improvement yet.

The fact that I posted the above on 14 July & you have been unable to reply with any sign of improvement until more than 3 weeks later says I was right to be concerned. I still am, but I am also happier with the balance of the squad.

Oh -  :pottytrain2: :pottytrain2: -

We all support the same team you know.  :thup:

Guest optimistic nit

aye you posted it on the 14th of july, and we all said be patient, we have 4 weeks before the start of the season, and 6 before the transfer window closes, and miraculously, with 1 week before the start of the season it looks like we'll be going into it in better shape than i could have possably expected.

aye you posted it on the 14th of july, and we all said be patient, we have 4 weeks before the start of the season, and 6 before the transfer window closes, and miraculously, with 1 week before the start of the season it looks like we'll be going into it in better shape than i could have possably expected.

Ok, so no-one had/ has the right to question anything & if Sam hadn't stirred up a fuss everything would be ok. Everyone is happy as pigs in shit & everything turned out ok.

If you truly believe that everything has been & will continue to be fine by standing back & not asking questions then you are deluded.

It is better, we still need to know more. Sam has had a bloody hard time. You have not been living in a box for the last month & we are all sharing a collective sigh of relief at the moment. I believe Sam has had to fight for this progress, you believe what you want. So long as we get the team we both want who cares?

Guest optimistic nit

of course you had the right to question what was going on. Thats why you wern't awoken at 1am by the thought police carting you away, we also had the right to think you were being stupid and reactionary, and we were proved right.

Guest unrealterrorist

There has been talk of Edmilson, Duscher, Deco, Gudjohnsen, Bridge, Young et al. Much of this talk is little more than hyperbole created by the press with little else to talk about.

I have still got my rose tainted specs on at the moment & I believe that Sam is doing all that he can but I am a little concerned. This latest episode with Duscher is almost comical & does nothing but raise questions.

Where is the cash?

What the f***? :lol:  It's July, we've made a few signings, and I'm sure there are more on the way.  We aren't Chelsea though, and this isn't FM07 - Sam doesn't get to press a "Make offer for player" button.  I don't want to come over all Glenn Roeder, but signings can take a while.  Chill out.

The teams that are "striding ahead of us" were already a mile ahead of us.

Since when was Man Shitty miles ahead of us?

Sam has had a bloody hard time.

It's supposed to be hard, he's been spending millions of other people's money. That's really not something that should be easy. If the new signings at the back (Enrqiue, Cacapa, Dragutinovic) come good it'll be a great achievement and for the same money as we'd have spent for Baines. If Mort / Ashley have been squeezing him to get results / control costs I think they can be pretty happy right now.

On the other hand, scuppering the Dyer deal appears to have been a bit of big businessman prima-donna behaviour that's done nobody any favours. If I was Allardyce that's the thing that would be really pissing me off, especially now I've got to have a pissed off player hanging around in training every day.