Viduka fitness fears

NSG

His fitness looked fucking shit yesterday, could barley move..he should really try and lose some weight, honestly its not funny anymore..if we are going to count on him to get the goals next season he should at least try and stay fit..!

Because the silly fat cunt only managed 19 goals in 29 starts last season........ ;)

His fitness looked f****** s*** yesterday, could barley move..he should really try and lose some weight, honestly its not funny anymore..if we are going to count on him to get the goals next season he should at least try and stay fit..!

Because the silly fat c*** only managed 19 goals in 29 starts last season........ ;)

He's fat(er), slow(er) than last season, if he can't get past the defenders of Oman and Iraq how the fuck is he supposed to score against teams like Manchester United and Chelsea..

Actually, i trust that Allardyce can get him back in shape for next season.

His fitness looked f****** s*** yesterday, could barley move..he should really try and lose some weight, honestly its not funny anymore..if we are going to count on him to get the goals next season he should at least try and stay fit..!

Because the silly fat c*** only managed 19 goals in 29 starts last season........ ;)

He's fat(er), slow(er) than last season, if he can't get past the defenders of Oman and Iraq how the f*** is he supposed to score against teams like Manchester United and Chelsea..

Hasn't he scored like 3 in 2 games?

He's not going to be skinning defenders FFS :lol: He'll just find a bitof space and finish a lot of his chances. Perfect foil for Owen.

Guest Gemmill

He's fat(er), slow(er) than last season, if he can't get past the defenders of Oman and Iraq how the fuck is he supposed to score against teams like Manchester United and Chelsea..

This from the lad who harped on about how great Luque was all last season.  Zip it, your credibility is currently still in the negatives and Viduka is currently at the start of a pre-season. :razz: I'm not anticipating him to be firing on all cylinders yet.

Guest exilim

He's fat(er), slow(er) than last season, if he can't get past the defenders of Oman and Iraq how the f*** is he supposed to score against teams like Manchester United and Chelsea..

Jees, he holds up the ball and lays it off to the strikers, he had been doing that for the entire asian tournament if you didn't realise.

Guest firetotheworks

He scored against Iraq man!

Is anyone really shocked?

I said it when we were first linked with him, he is a quality player, loads of talent but he fitness and energy levels are utter shite and I really do not see him playing lots of games for us. Owen and Martins are our top 2 strikers, with Viduka and Shola as backup, we better hope Luque finds some form!!

Guest WalkervilleMag

Viduka will score 16 to 20 goals for us next season. If he does that i dont care if he is 60 stone overweight,  never did Mickey Quinn any harm

Viduka will score 16 to 20 goals for us next season. If he does that i dont care if he is 60 stone overweight,  never did Mickey Quinn any harm

If he scores 16 - 20 goals I will pass out, I really will.

Guest exilim

He will get at least 10 i think, 16 is a bonus and 20 means jackpot.

Why? He scored 19 last season and HOPEFULLY he will be getting better service this season.

The article itself has no quotes directly referring to Viduka, its basically the Aussie doctor saying that the national team haven't been up to scratch due to a lack of fitness caused by poor pre tournament preparation.

Newcastle Untied striker Viduka in new fitness fear

By the Evening Chronicle

MARK VIDUKA is facing a race against time to be fit for Newcastle United’s opener at Bolton Wanderers on August 11.

The game will mark Sam Allardyce’s return to the Reebok Stadium but the Australian is likely to miss out because he will be exhausted after starring in the Asian Cup for the men Down Under.

Even his country’s own doctor, Peter Brukner, believes that a lack of conditioning is hindering his chances of being back in time for the Premiership.

Brukner estimates that Viduka’s fitness level is around 75 per cent and will be no higher than 90 per cent if Australia qualify for the July 29 final.

In that eventuality, which appears increasingly unlikely following Australia’s 3-1 defeat by Iraq yesterday, Viduka would have less than two weeks to prove his fitness for Newcastle before the start of the new Premiership season.

And the likelihood is he would be granted at least a week to recharge his batteries after getting back from Asia, just like Steven Taylor, James Milner were after efforts for England Under-21s.

Bruckner said a six-week pre-season was the minimum length of time required to condition the players properly for conditions at the Asian Cup in Bangkok.

Speaking about the condition of Viduka and his Aussie team-mates, Brukner said today: “The problem is that they haven’t played enough and the biggest problem was the way we kept giving the ball away. They’re just rusty.

“OK, we weren’t super-fit, but I think too much has been made of the fact we weren’t acclimatised or not hydrated well enough.

“There were time limitations beyond their control. They had to have a break; they hadn’t had a break for three years.”

“The way they cope with heat and general skill level will be better, but we won’t suddenly be at World Cup standard. It won’t be 90 minutes of hard running followed by football.

“Because of that, we were never going to play well in the first game (against Oman) and we didn’t play brilliantly against Iraq either.”

It means that Viduka’s first slice of action could be a week later in the first home game, against Aston Villa, or an even more tasty fixture in the next game away to his old club Middlesbrough.

Viduka netted his country’s goal in the shock 3-1 defeat against international

Link

But probably not play the same amount of games, Jon. I see him getting about 10-15 goals, but I see Owen and Martins getting more than him so I'm not worried.

I reckon he will be one of the first choice strikers tbh.

Guest eyeball_tickler

didnt sam say all of this last month? that he wouldnt be fully fit for the start but would be there or there abouts (or something similar)