NUFC not the subject of the police raids - Statement

Guest thenorthumbrian

BTW.....see the 2 bold bits ie "never made anything up" and "went with their preconceptions",

Care to explain the difference ?

A concept is an idea about something, that concept may or may not be true, so a preconception is an idea already formed before all the information is available and which would most likely not make allowance for any new information, thereby becoming a prejudice.

A preconception does not have to be fallacious, it may be accurate. A prejudice, at the very least, is never rational.

Something that is made up is clearly fallacious. Neither accurate or rational.

We are, all of us, forming preconceptions in our minds all the time. As we read a certain story in a newspaper for example we are forming opinions with limited data. Repeat the story often enough and a blatant lie can become the truth. So if someone comes to believe a lie I wouldn't really say they had 'made things up'.

I hope this clears up what I was so clumsily trying to say, it was certainly not my intention to argue with you. :)

Proof?

I guess if Shepherd isn't involved anymore it explains why we've been slow at board level and missed out on putting offers in for transfers the manager wanted. It must simply be due to the incompetence of the new owner and his lackeys. >:(

Wouldn't you agree? 

I was thinking exactly that about the slow signings, by this time last year we had signed (scratches head, whistles a little, slowly drinks coffee, scratches head again and gives up trying) nobody.

It may have passed you by, but there was a little cup competition going on over in Germany last Summer which kind of distracted a lot of players and delayed any major signings being made by any Premiership clubs. Also, although I know it wouldn't affect the plans of a man of your foresight, our main striker was injured during said kickabout which I think might have had a slight affect on the focus of our transfers last year.

Anyway, you never answered, what do you think about the manager's statement that the slowness of the current board to act on his targets has cost us possible signings?

Guest optimistic nit

what about the year before then? 2 transfers, as opposed to our 4, still no defenders and no cup competition.

can't dissagree about bellamy mind. i find it funny how all of us hate souness and bellamy. if i was bellamy i'd have told souness to fuck off as well, and i admire him for that, at least he didn't do what shearer did, and suck up to the wanker.

i should add i don't hate shearer, and that was imo his one mistake while he played for the club.

Proof?

I guess if Shepherd isn't involved anymore it explains why we've been slow at board level and missed out on putting offers in for transfers the manager wanted. It must simply be due to the incompetence of the new owner and his lackeys. >:(

Wouldn't you agree?  

I was thinking exactly that about the slow signings, by this time last year we had signed (scratches head, whistles a little, slowly drinks coffee, scratches head again and gives up trying) nobody.

and the year before ?

I suppose, now that success is nailed on due to Fred being completely responsible for us not qualifying even for the Champions League like all those other clubs with incompetent chairmen - you will be looking forward to explaining the lack of it if such a thing happens ?

mackems.gif

You sound like you want the club to fail.

Anything rather than admitting he was ever wrong.

Oh, I wouldn't say I want them to fail, but I do have higher standards than you, whose idol scores 2 league goals in a season.

Now THAT strikes me as wanting to fail

mackems.gif

what about the year before then? 2 transfers, as opposed to our 4, still no defenders and no cup competition.

can't dissagree about bellamy mind. i find it funny how all of us hate souness and bellamy. if i was bellamy i'd have told souness to fuck off as well, and i admire him for that, at least he didn't do what shearer did, and suck up to the wanker.

i should add i don't hate shearer, and that was imo his one mistake while he played for the club.

absolutely

I wonder how many more clubs Bell-end has to play for before his adoring, lovesick fans finally get over their tragic loss.

selling the best players is the way to failure, you don't want the club to fail do you  mackems.gif

Especially when you idolise a "striker" who scored 2 league goals in a season

It may have passed you by, but there was a little cup competition going on over in Germany last Summer which kind of distracted a lot of players and delayed any major signings being made by any Premiership clubs. Also, although I know it wouldn't affect the plans of a man of your foresight, our main striker was injured during said kickabout which I think might have had a slight affect on the focus of our transfers last year.

Anyway, you never answered, what do you think about the manager's statement that the slowness of the current board to act on his targets has cost us possible signings?

It may have passed you by that the last time we had this many new signings at this time of year was before Bobby had arrived, I can't tie that in with anything that happened last year, can you?

As for the slowness of the current board possibly costing us signings, that may be the case, I'm sure they'll learn if it is down to them.  The fact that we've got 4 through the door proves if they are a little slow it can't be too much of a problem.

Guest optimistic nit

its not unlike the new board don't have other things to worry about though.

Fraud Squad, Analysis of the Club, New Backroom staff for Allardyce and 80+ million pounds in debt.

The fact that we've got 4 through the door proves if they are a little slow it can't be too much of a problem.

Those 4 players were signed under the old board, before the new owner got his own boys in.

The fact that we've got 4 through the door proves if they are a little slow it can't be too much of a problem.

Those 4 players were signed under the old board, before the new owner got his own boys in.

I don't think so.

Chris Mort said he was the one that gave the nod for the Viduka and Barton deals to go through.

As for the slowness of the current board possibly costing us signings, that may be the case, I'm sure they'll learn if it is down to them. 

and if they don't ?

What is your opinion if this the way they will carry on doing things ?

I don't think so.

Chris Mort said he was the one that gave the nod for the Viduka and Barton deals to go through.

but I thought directors weren't supposed to have a say in transfers ?

I don't think so.

He isn't just a director, he runs the club.

I don't think so.

Before the stockmarket was/is informed? Is that legal?

I don't think so.

so he answers to the major shareholder ?

I don't think so.

Mort was appointed on 26th June, Viduka was bought on 7th June.

I don't think so.

Before the stockmarket was/is informed? Is that legal?

Why would he have to tell the stock market?

He's standing in while the fat man is on the sick and has said himself he runs the club with Shepherd stopping on to help with a smooth transaction.

BTW UV where do you think the new board will get money from to make any signings?

Do you think he'll put his hand in his own pocket or be like the old board and continue to add to our mountain of debt?

I don't think so.

Mort was officially appointed on 26th June, Viduka was bought on 7th June.

FYP.

He even said himself he gave the nod, unless you think he's lying?

I don't think so.

Well Ashley has over 50% of the shares which gives him the controlling stake of the club, so yes I'd say Ashley calls the shots.

its not unlike the new board don't have other things to worry about though.

Fraud Squad, Analysis of the Club, New Backroom staff for Allardyce and 80+ million pounds in debt.

Plus whatever assorted dodginess, hidden debt and papered-over cracks they're discovering as they conduct their review.

Guest optimistic nit

i lump all that together in 'Analysis of the club' which is probably a bit of a bigger job than its title suggests. it could have also have lead to the fraud squad point.

I don't think so.

Well Ashley has over 50% of the shares which gives him the controlling stake of the club, so yes I'd say Ashley calls the shots.

but the Halls could have vetoed anything Shepherd wanted, yes ?

Guest optimistic nit

I don't think so.

but the Halls could have vetoed anything Shepherd wanted, yes ?

i don't think they wanted too tbh. i think the halls wanted out for a while, and even if they didn't and wanted to keep their shares they wanted to take a back role in decision making, and leave all that to shepheard. i'm sure i read that somewhere.

FYP.

He even said himself he gave the nod, unless you think he's lying?

Mort did say that we've already sanctioned deals for Joey Barton, Mark Viduka, David Rozehnal and Geremi.  He also said that We’re still looking to strengthen the squad, which we have started to do in recent weeks.