NUFC not the subject of the police raids - Statement

Guest thenorthumbrian

So this thing seems to be abt souness transfer dealings while he wos at newcastle?we arent going to get f***** cos of that prick????

Its human nature to speculate, especially about the game thats all about opinions, and especially on the internet, and especially when its on a NUFC forum.

This place is designed for s*** like this.

of course TT, but it made me smile to see macbeth popping up again when he thinks there is a chance to have a pop at fred or the finance at the club.

I know what I hope this is all about...

oh go on, tell us

There is no way in the world that this can be about Souness. Souness had no access to the club's money. He could madly suggest he had to spend what ever it took to get a player, but others had to make the money appear. If Souness made a signing happen, and the receiving club made it worth his while thro some very big brown paper bag, then I'm not sure that NUFC have lost out directly.

If the club now feels it has lost money in a criminal sort of way then it is the people who had access to sign off cash who are the only ones who could be concerned. I'd guess this would cover Bruce and Freddie Shepherd, Douglas and Alison Hall, and Tim Revill as they are the directors of the business. It also probably touches Russell Cushing and Ken Slater as the only other two senior employees.

So this thing seems to be abt souness transfer dealings while he wos at newcastle?we arent going to get f***** cos of that prick????

Its human nature to speculate, especially about the game thats all about opinions, and especially on the internet, and especially when its on a NUFC forum.

of course TT, but it made me smile to see macbeth popping up again when he thinks there is a chance to have a pop at fred or the finance at the club.

oh go on, tell us

There is no way in the world that this can be about Souness. Souness had no access to the club's money. He could madly suggest he had to spend what ever it took to get a player, but others had to make the money appear. If Souness made a signing happen, and the receiving club made it worth his while thro some very big brown paper bag, then I'm not sure that NUFC have lost out directly.

If the club now feels it has lost money in a criminal sort of way then it is the people who had access to sign off cash who are the only ones who could be concerned. I'd guess this would cover Bruce and Freddie Shepherd, Douglas and Alison Hall, and Tim Revill as they are the directors of the business. It also probably touches Russell Cushing and Ken Slater as the only other two senior employees.

We will see, won't we.

oh go on, tell us

if...big if,someone set up a deal and the club OK'd it then he recieved a kickback off the agent then he didn't have to have access to the cash as such.

I hope you're not going to start crying if it turns out Fred is the guilty party.

Why would I do that ?

Don't you think there will be more than a few frustrated people around if he isn't implicated at all ?

The only thing I'm bothered about is how much Ashley backs the manager. If he doesn't do what people expect, whatever are they going to say ?

We all know you've got a soft spot for fat Freddie, mate. :) The same way as you know there are people on here who will be gutted if he isn't involved at all.

It'll be interesting to see what people's opinions will be if Ashley doesn't spend loads of money actually.

oh go on, tell us

if...big if,someone set up a deal and the club OK'd it then he recieved a kickback off the agent then he didn't have to have access to the cash as such.

Why would they want the clubs computers then?

Surely any kickback would be more discreet than that.

I hope you're not going to start crying if it turns out Fred is the guilty party.

Why would I do that ?

Don't you think there will be more than a few frustrated people around if he isn't implicated at all ?

The only thing I'm bothered about is how much Ashley backs the manager. If he doesn't do what people expect, whatever are they going to say ?

We all know you've got a soft spot for fat Freddie, mate. :) The same way as you know there are people on here who will be gutted if he isn't involved at all.

It'll be interesting to see what people's opinions will be if Ashley doesn't spend loads of money actually.

No, you're wrong, I've no reason to have a soft spot for anybody. I just find it amusing that people make things up to discredit Shepherd - and Hall for that matter - in the same way that they allow their dislike of Craig Bellamy to influence their opinion that we were better off without him. They didn't think that when he was here. They didn't dislike Shepherd either when we were in the Champions League and I bet they didn't give their FA Cup Final tickets away either.

Fickle. To put it bluntly. They wouldn't know true mediocrity - or a really shit board - if it hit them in the face with a rusty shovel.

I totally agree that it will be interesting to see the opinions if Ashley doesn't spend loads of his own money, because if he doesn't, the managers aren't going to get any more than they got under Shepherd and the Halls, and they may not get that much either.

Also, as Shepherd was responsible for us not being successful, and had no "plan" etc etc, there is no reason whatsoever why we won't be now that he has gone, is there ? Interesting times ahead indeed.

oh go on, tell us

Standard procedure these days mate, I wouldn't read too much into it just yet

oh go on, tell us

to tie up any monies going out with those of any agent,also as much as incriminating  people the police would want to discount other possibilities aswell.

there is a very good chance this isn't what has happened,it was just a reply to the idea that because souness didn't have control of the money he couldn't be implicated.

Guest Guinness

According to the Times the Faye deal is under scrutiny which explains the raid of Portsmouth: Link

Edit: The Telegraph are claiming the raids are part of investigations into allegations against a "well known agent". They also say the two homes raided are believed to be linked to an agent: Link

It was mid-morning when news of the investigation reached the training ground at Eastleigh, where Redknapp is reported to have had a heated exchange with LuaLua after the player turned up late for training. The Democratic Republic of Congo forward is said to have planned to lodge a transfer request, only to be advised that minds at Fratton Park were elsewhere.

Is he one of McKay's aswell?  ;D

So if all this heresay and rumour is proved to be true, what to people expect to actually happen?  Another cover up like the Stevens report???

who knows,for all we are being investigated there is as much to say "the club" is in the clear.

Guest Guinness

So if all this heresay and rumour is proved to be true, what to people expect to actually happen?  Another cover up like the Stevens report???

Well going by the club statement it would seem that any allegations relate to individuals and not the club itself so I guess legal actions against those individuals on the grounds of fraud could result.

No, you're wrong, I've no reason to have a soft spot for anybody. I just find it amusing that people make things up to discredit Shepherd - and Hall for that matter - in the same way that they allow their dislike of Craig Bellamy to influence their opinion that we were better off without him. They didn't think that when he was here. They didn't dislike Shepherd either when we were in the Champions League and I bet they didn't give their FA Cup Final tickets away either.

Fickle. To put it bluntly. They wouldn't know true mediocrity - or a really s*** board - if it hit them in the face with a rusty shovel.

FYI Bellamy was got rid of by Souness (Manager) and Shearer (Captain) under Shepherd (Chairman). Only a fat-headed pig could attribute this to 'fickle fans' while failing to call Shepherd to account for sacking SBH for finishing 5th.

I just find it amusing that people make things up to discredit Shepherd 

I've trimmed that right down to focus on that one bolded statement.

I'm not so sure anyone makes anything up, at least not consciously. Earlier today ChezGiven pointed out something to me regarding business decisions that made me think...

..or more correctly made me realise something.

None of us are privvy to all the facts and yet we are all constantly forming opinions and making judgements on them. In my case I had got caught up in all the rhetoric directed against Shepherd and somewhere along the line decided he was a scumbag. That was an emotional decision that I was barely conscious of.. no, I wasn't conscious of it for I cannot find in my memory when that decision would have been reached.

That emotional decision, totally without basis in fact, led me to view someone in a constantly negative way. It is a rather easy step after that to believe anything you read, negatively, in connection with that person as you want to believe it. It supports your preconceptions.

So, a bit like Chinese Whispers, a comment here, a comment there, repeated with a word missing, or from a different perception can quickly become a fallacious rumour that others repeat as fact. So for instance, I never made anything up, nor in all likliehood did anyone else, consciously. They just went along with their preconceptions.

It may be true, in actual fact, that Shepherd is a scumbag. But I have no real basis for that opinion other than one I created myself.

Guest Guinness

It seems as if every paper has a different take on this, the Independant speculate that it could be something to do with the unnamed transfer in the Stevens report: Link

Fickle. To put it bluntly. They wouldn't know true mediocrity - or a really s*** board - if it hit them in the face with a rusty shovel.

FYI Bellamy was got rid of by Souness (Manager) and Shearer (Captain) under Shepherd (Chairman). Only a fat-headed pig could attribute this to 'fickle fans' while failing to call Shepherd to account for sacking SBH for finishing 5th.

SBH = Sir Bobby Hobson?

I'm not so sure anyone makes anything up, at least not consciously. Earlier today ChezGiven pointed out something to me regarding business decisions that made me think...

None of us are privvy to all the facts and yet we are all constantly forming opinions and making judgements on them. In my case I had got caught up in all the rhetoric directed against Shepherd and somewhere along the line decided he was a scumbag. That was an emotional decision that I was barely conscious of.. no, I wasn't conscious of it for I cannot find in my memory when that decision would have been reached.

That emotional decision, totally without basis in fact, led me to view someone in a constantly negative way. It is a rather easy step after that to believe anything you read, negatively, in connection with that person as you want to believe it. It supports your preconceptions.

So, a bit like Chinese Whispers, a comment here, a comment there, repeated with a word missing, or from a different perception can quickly become a fallacious rumour that others repeat as fact. So for instance, I never made anything up, nor in all likliehood did anyone else, conciously. They just went along with their preconceptions.

It may be true, in actual fact, that Shepherd is a scumbag. But I have no real basis for that opinion other than one I created myself.

just as bad......................and i'm gonna hate myself for doing this,but...TBH

SBH = Sir Bobby Hobson?

fuck me,it really was hobsons choice

So, a bit like Chinese Whispers, a comment here, a comment there, repeated with a word missing, or from a different perception can quickly become a fallacious rumour that others repeat as fact. So for instance, I never made anything up, nor in all likliehood did anyone else, conciously. They just went along with their preconceptions.

just as bad......................and i'm gonna hate myself for doing this,but...TBH

Don't hate yourself for that, that was exactly my point.

You don't consciously form a preconception it just happens. What is prejudice but a preconception?

But in recognising them you can move past them and that is surely a step forward, just imagine that a nation and it's governments could recognise their prejudices.

Don't hate yourself for that, that was exactly my point.

You don't consciously form a preconception it just happens. What is prejudice but a preconception?

But in recognising them you can move past them and that is surely a step forward, just imagine that a nation and it's governments could recognise their prejudices.

or better still,not form them!

If the guilty parties are who we all think they are (if that makes sense)

Do you think the police would allow us to crucify them ,as pre-match entertainment.

Personally, I think it would be a cracking way to start the season.

Out with the old etc etc

All this is VERY VERY interesting - I sincerely hope that ALL the guilty parties(if any, of course..!!)are exposed and receive the appropriate punishment for any activities which may have resulted in loss of money to both fans & shareholders..

I really look forward to hearing some on this site trying to defend culprits, should there be any - I believe there has been some interesting behind-the-scenes activity since Mort took over...

If we ever get to know the full story(which I doubt)its going to make brilliant reading !

It looks like there may still be some justice in this world....