NUFC not the subject of the police raids - Statement

Guest thenorthumbrian

Guest Brazilianbob

Now we know why "you know who" was in hospital.  He knew this was coming and that he would probably go down for a long stretch.  He has had his ar*e stiched up so he won't be accosted in the showers!

SBR didn't think he was good enough on a free.

Now do we know that for sure, or was it more a case of us already having Woodgate he felt he didn't need him. Also, the year before he went to Rangers, Houllier tried taking him to Liverpool for around £6m.

You can't have too many good players especially if they're free. SBR didn't rate him.

Rangers sign Boumsong for nowt

He was a Bosman...same with Ballack, Ben Haim, Geremi...

So sign him up - we had the chance

Souness becomes our manager

And first thing he realises is the sh*t we've been left in in terms of defenders by the time he came in.

So he signs Boumsong?

We spend 8M on Boumsong shortly afterwards

Highly-rated at the time, would have had 4-5 years left on his contract, and as already mentioned, Liverpool nearly spent £6m on him when he only had a year left to run on his contract.

Far, far too much money. Highly rated in Scotland, taken apart against Yeading.

Boumsong is crap

At least there's something we can agree on. ;)

And for those that say Souness was rated a Top Boss, the truth was that he was on the verge of getting the sack at Blackburn.

This all may have nothing to do with the current goings on but are people really defending Boumsong & Souness?

Also from the Guardian story:

Ashley instigated a "strategic review" on acquiring the club and it is being led by the new deputy chairman, Christopher Mort. It is understood that some of what is being unearthed is displeasing Ashley, though whether that relates to historic transfers is unknown.

Guest Rushian

Now do we know that for sure, or was it more a case of us already having Woodgate he felt he didn't need him. Also, the year before he went to Rangers, Houllier tried taking him to Liverpool for around £6m.

We'd actually agreed to sign him on a Bosman prior to the January window (having been given permission for early talks by Roux at Auxerre) agreeing the terms and length of contract. Then in a strange twist he and his agent suddenly announced he was signing for Rangers . Houllier was absolutely furious and accused Boumsong and McKay of being deceitful.

Anyone who thought Shepherd would be hanging sround for long is a mug. This can only hasten the pace of our distancing ourselves from him. Whether or not he or anyone else has done anything wrong, no-one wants police raids and inferences of corruption diretoed at their business.

And thats what this is - Ashley's business, his club. Shepherd isn't in charge of the manager, or the review, or anything else as far as anyone knows. And i very much doubt Ashley got where he is today by keeping people like Shpeherd around for long.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Anyone who thought Shepherd would be hanging sround for long is a mug. This can only hasten the pace of our distancing ourselves from him. Whether or not he or anyone else has done anything wrong, no-one wants police raids and inferences of corruption diretoed at their business.

And thats what this is - Ashley's business, his club. Shepherd isn't in charge of the manager, or the review, or anything else as far as anyone knows. And i very much doubt Ashley got where he is today by keeping people like Shpeherd around for long.

eh? even if he's done nothing wrong, Ashley will sack Fred without grounds because no-one likes the cops banging on the door?

that's some excellent analysis there

Guest Gemmill

He was on his way anyway, Vic.  And if there are allegations of corruption surrounding the previous regime, all the more reason to hasten his departure.  That's what NM was saying and it makes perfect sense.  I'm guessing you spotted that though, and just decided to try and disagree anyway, you bore.

Guest Invicta_Toon

He was on his way anyway, Vic.  And if there are allegations of corruption surrounding the previous regime, all the more reason to hasten his departure.  That's what NM was saying and it makes perfect sense.  I'm guessing you spotted that though, and just decided to try and disagree anyway, you bore.

it makes perfect sense to sack someone without grounds? yeah, sure :rolleyes:

this thread is defamationtastic btw

I now have a mental filter on whatever Vic writes. Whatever I see, I read it as:

Blah blah blah, blah, blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Blah blah blah, blah, blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

You should try posting something original once in a while.

Guest Invicta_Toon

I now have a mental filter on whatever Vic writes. Whatever I see, I read it as:

that would expain why you're such a shit mod tbh

Guest Invicta_Toon

Vic was spot on about Shepherd staying on as Chairman though. Lucky he didn't specify a timescale.

apparently he isn't the chairman anyway, he's just called the chairman for some unknown reason.

I wonder what the fraud squad made of that when they turned up looking for documents with 'Chairman, NUFC plc' written at the bottom

Vic was spot on about Shepherd staying on as Chairman though. Lucky he didn't specify a timescale.

apparently he isn't the chairman anyway

So you were wrong then? Not often you admit it. Well done :)

Guest Invicta_Toon

apparently he isn't the chairman anyway

So you were wrong then? Not often you admit it. Well done :)

nope

eh? even if he's done nothing wrong, Ashley will sack Fred without grounds because no-one likes the cops banging on the door?

he won't get sacked, he'll just be shuffled out earlier than planned.

What does he do, Vic? the manager doesn't report to him, he isn't leading the strategic review, he's not in charge of the money. He's on borrowed time and he knows it.

as for Ashley, i can't see him being happy about the police thing, can you?

it makes perfect sense to sack someone without grounds? yeah, sure :rolleyes:

this thread is defamationtastic btw

Bollocks.

Please explain how long you think Shepherd will still be at the club, btw.

Guest Invicta_Toon

What does he do, Vic? the manager doesn't report to him, he isn't leading the strategic review, he's not in charge of the money. He's on borrowed time and he knows it.

it's already been explained what he does by Mort himself FFS

it's already been explained what he does by Mort himself FFS

which was?