The Present State Of Play

Tsunami
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I agree 100% with you here Gemmill. I don't know what people want them to say. There isn't a cat in hells chance that Sam and Mort are going to let this window slip by. For christ sakes, this time last year we had just signed one player in a position we didn't even need. I don't remember this kind of irrational panic back then.

I think I was panicking this time last year and had a good right to do so, we were probably still watching Kuyt while he was playing in friendlies for Liverpool.

Guest Gemmill

Ya wha? ???

:lol:

???

I genuinely don't know what you mean by "pressing "Too bloody right, we know nowt about him & I'm getting nervous.""

???

I genuinely don't know what you mean by "pressing "Too bloody right, we know nowt about him & I'm getting nervous.""

It was the poll option that went totally against everything in your post.

Guest Gemmill

I agree 100% with you here Gemmill. I don't know what people want them to say. There isn't a cat in hells chance that Sam and Mort are going to let this window slip by. For christ sakes, this time last year we had just signed one player in a position we didn't even need. I don't remember this kind of irrational panic back then.

I think I was panicking this time last year and had a good right to do so, we were probably still watching Kuyt while he was playing in friendlies for Liverpool.

I think it was around about this time last year for me too that it became horribly apparent that we were actually going to fuck up another transfer window.  "Pole position" and all that.  The thing that galled more than anything was the "we won't be looking to sign anyone until after the world cup" stuff.  Brilliant, as if the window wasn't small enough, let's half it to give ourselves a challenge.

Guest Gemmill

???

It was the poll option that went totally against everything in your post.

:lol:  Light dawns on thick head!  Sorry, I forgot there was even a poll on the thread.

Someone write Mort an email asking when we're going to see some fly-ass players. Please.

I'm sure you know how to use e-mail, lets know how you get on.

Get to fuck. :D I wouldn't put my name to an email like that, but I'd genuinely like to see the response.

Guest Gemmill

By the way, I'm fine with the whole another season of transition thing, but I'm genuinely GENUINELY concerned that if we don't have a really good season, some of our thick, impatient, unrealistic fans will start grumbling and wanting Allardyce out. 

Not that I'm calling anyone that's posted in this thread any of these things :razz: , but seriously, patience is going to be a huge factor in the next couple of seasons, and it's so obvious from some of the stuff that's been posted on here that, in general, Newcastle fans haven't got the first fucking clue about it.

Credit to moderator Dave for some of these thoughts as well btw, which have recently been discussed via the glorious medium of private messaging.

Someone write Mort an email asking when we're going to see some fly-ass players. Please.

Get to f***. :D I wouldn't put my name to an email like that, but I'd genuinely like to see the response.

He might sign G-Unit to play in defence or something.

Guest Gemmill

By the way, I'm fine with the whole another season of transition thing, but I'm genuinely GENUINELY concerned that if we don't have a really good season, some of our thick, impatient, unrealistic fans will start grumbling and wanting Allardyce out. 

Not that I'm calling anyone that's posted in this thread any of these things :razz: , but seriously, patience is going to be a huge factor in the next couple of seasons, and it's so obvious from some of the stuff that's been posted on here that, in general, Newcastle fans haven't got the first fucking clue about it.

Credit to moderator Dave for some of these thoughts as well btw, which have recently been discussed via the glorious medium of private messaging.

I'm just better at articulating them than him.  He's from Leeds, you see.  He often PMs me these gruff monosyllabic t'rants and asks me to put them into proper English on the main forum for him.

Get to f***. :D I wouldn't put my name to an email like that, but I'd genuinely like to see the response.

It looks like it's over to Skirge. :lol:

Guest Gemmill

I think it was around about this time last year for me too that it became horribly apparent that we were actually going to f*** up another transfer window.  "Pole position" and all that.  The thing that galled more than anything was the "we won't be looking to sign anyone until after the world cup" stuff.  Brilliant, as if the window wasn't small enough, let's half it to give ourselves a challenge.

Nah I don't think it was this early. This time last year we would have only just signed Duff, and we would be getting the "3 signings are close" soundbites from Roeder that were making everyone excited.

Aye you might be right.  I mightn't have quite been feeling THA RAGE yet.

Not wishing to put a dampener but i think SA was well aware of the urgency some time ago. It was MA/CM that seemed to not realise how things were going to go. I wonder what will change in the next 2 weeks from the last 2 weeks apart from our desperation.

Why have Man City been able to spend more, didn't their owners come in even later than ours?

I'm just better at articulating them than him.  He's from Leeds, you see.  He often PMs me these gruff monosyllabic t'rants and asks me to put them into proper English on the main forum for him.

:lol:

Ta.

Guest Gemmill

Not wishing to put a dampener but i think SA was well aware of the urgency some time ago. It was MA/CM that seemed to not realise how things were going to go. I wonder what will change in the next 2 weeks from the last 2 weeks apart from our desperation.

Why have Man City been able to spend more, didn't their owners come in even later than ours?

Look, if you're not gonna see things my way, you can jolly well fuck right off, matey!

Tut-tut. Replying to yourself, you've been spending too much time with Parky in GC.

Not that I'm calling anyone that's posted in this thread any of these things :razz: , but seriously, patience is going to be a huge factor in the next couple of seasons, and it's so obvious from some of the stuff that's been posted on here that, in general, Newcastle fans haven't got the first f****** clue about it.

I'm not sure I'm fine with the transitional season but if that's what it takes to move forward then we'll have to live with it, we've just finished our third transitional season so if it takes another to start to get things right then I'll go along with it.

I still don't think things as bad as 12 months ago anyway because we've shifted some shite and look as if we've improved on them.  The squad's thin, nobody could seriously say it wasn't, it's just not as bad as some are saying when you stand back and look at what we've got.

I've already said that our defence is no worse than what we went into last season with, our forward line is much better with the addition of Viduka and the return to fitness of Owen, even if he has picked up a knock, this time last year it was debateable if he would even kick a ball before the season end.  Some may say that Shola is shite, he's better than Sibierski, we already had Shola but lost him for a long time, that shouldn't happen this season although I've no doubt some will hope it does.

It has s**** all to do with how much we spend!! People need to realise this!

Man City have been buying Midfielders and Strikers. We've been trying to buy defenders. I'm sure if Sam wanted one of the players that Sven has bought he could have had them.

People are just speculating that just because we haven't signed anyone for three weeks, there is someone to blame. There most likely isn't, and we're just finding it difficult landing the players we want.

I'm not sure the position is relevant, they needed forwards and have got them, we need defendrs and haven't (yet). Just saying i don't think it's the market i think the club hasn't got it's act together. SA seems to suggest the same actually.

And Gemmill is a tin pot dictator ;-)

Guest Gemmill

Shola wees all over Sibierski, whatever M4TT might bullshit you. :razz:

Aye, that was nothing but a couple of Frenchmen sticking together!  Shola is wayyyy the better player.  It's not even close.

Shola wees all over Sibierski, whatever M4TT might bullshit you. :razz:

I'm not really concerned about what Shola does in his spare time, it's what he does on the field that counts.