The Present State Of Play

Tsunami
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest makemeacupoftea

Could be that he's just a mental case that has seen something in Parky's writings.  I can see him and Parky sitting down to discuss the club and Mort leaning in close and whispering "I know about the voices."

mackems.gif

Aye I think it's good that he's approaching the fans.  The only concerns I have remaining are that if he's contacting the writers on this site, he'll be talking to the likes of Taylor27 and Parky - a bigger pair of fruitloops you could not wish to meet.  We'll be playing in Hawaiian shirts and foil cone hats next season.

Aye, just lucky Invicta Toon isn't on the writing team, or NE5 for that matter...

Mort:  Hi guys, nice to have this opportunity to talk with you!

Vic:  is it???  really???

Mort:  Erm yeah, so any thoughts for where the club should be going from here?

NE5:  Well if you talk to MICK we'll be winning trophies left right and centre now that Fred's gone.  mackems.gif

Mort:  Well that is the hope long term...

Vic:  yeah so that's just gonna happen is it?  just all of a sudden we're gonna start winning stuff.  fucking pathetic sheep tbh.  you and that Ashley bloke.

Mort:  Wow, pretty hostile for a little fella aren't you?

NE5:  mackems.gif  mackems.gif mackems.gif tut tut lawyer fuckpig

etc etc.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Could be that he's just a mental case that has seen something in Parky's writings.  I can see him and Parky sitting down to discuss the club and Mort leaning in close and whispering "I know about the voices."

:lol: :lol:

And the other post, quality.

I believe the charva term for what has just happened to UV, Unbelievable and Tsunami is "clamped". ;)

This is a good development, but I take back nothing I said. The communication and PR to date has been non existent, and this doesn't sound like it's going to be for a while yet, so are we supposed to just sit back and say nothing, express no concerns or opinions until this meeting has taken place?

Aye, just lucky Invicta Toon isn't on the writing team, or NE5 for that matter...

NE5 is exactly the sort of person who should be going, not a bunch of sycophants who'll just sit there and tell him how great he is for rescuing us from that horrible Mr Shepherd.

I believe the charva term for what has just happened to UV, Unbelievable and Tsunami is "clamped". ;)

This is a good development, but I take back nothing I said. The communication and PR to date has been non existent, and this doesn't sound like it's going to be for a while yet, so are we supposed to just sit back and say nothing, express no concerns or opinions until this meeting has taken place?

NE5 is exactly the sort of person who should be going, not a bunch of sycophants who'll just sit there and tell him how great he is for rescuing us from that horrible Mr Shepherd.

Agree with both of those points wholeheartedly.

Guest Gemmill

Agree with the second point in principle, but at the same time I don't imagine anyone who's been contacted is intending on meeting him for the express purpose of telling him how great he is and thanking him for rescuing us from Shepherd. 

Gemmill, if we had not been asking questions, this bit of news may not have come out so soon. So why the attempted put down?

Guest Gemmill

Gemmill, if we had not been asking questions, this bit of news may not have come out so soon. So why the attempted put down?

Wow, you really take this stuff pretty seriously don't you?  Here, have some more of these ;) ;) ;) ;)

Wow, you really take this stuff pretty seriously don't you?  Here, have some more of these ;) ;) ;) ;)

Just care about what the future may hold & didn't see the need for the jibe.

Right back at ya:

O0 O0 O0

Mort:  Hi guys, nice to have this opportunity to talk with you!

Vic:  is it???  really???

Mort:  Erm yeah, so any thoughts for where the club should be going from here?

NE5:  Well if you talk to MICK we'll be winning trophies left right and centre now that Fred's gone.  mackems.gif

Mort:  Well that is the hope long term...

Vic:  yeah so that's just gonna happen is it?  just all of a sudden we're gonna start winning stuff.  f****** pathetic sheep tbh.  you and that Ashley bloke.

Mort:  Wow, pretty hostile for a little fella aren't you?

NE5:  mackems.gif  mackems.gif mackems.gif tut tut lawyer fuckpig

etc etc.

Pack it in, I'm getting dirty looks in the office while reading that, I couldn't stop laughing.

NE5 would probably tell Mort that he hated Shepherd and wanted Ashley all of the time.

Guest optimistic nit

So can we now expect to here no more about this until the interview at least?

also, although i daresay NE5 won't go, i dont think any of the writers will just suck up to mort.

So can we now expect to here no more about this until the interview at least?

also, although i daresay NE5 won't go, i dont think any of the writers will just suck up to mort.

I would guess that those who represent Newcastle-Online could do with some help with questions, if people want answers then the only way it will happen is if they ask the questions.

Guest optimistic nit

aye well they have unbelieveables extensive list on the second page don't they. they won't be going in empty handed.

aye well they have unbelieveables extensive list on the second page don't they. they won't be going in empty handed.

The questions should be put into a poll if possible and let forum members have a say in which questions are most important to them, they can then be ranked by importance as it may be a case of a limited number of questions per person.

It’s no good asking the shit ones (I'm not saying any are shit) only to find that the best ones have been missed.

I have reset this poll which was listed on 16 July. The results suggested that almost 50% reckoned that MA should complete his review first with around 20% saying they had complete faith in him & he could do as he wished.

How do we feel now?

Has the meeting with Mort progressed?

Guest Gemmill

I'm not sure what you're looking for Tsunami.  The only statement he can feasibly come out with is one in which he says "Oh man we are just gonna be so good that you aren't gonna believe it.  We are gonna rock like geology.  I'm gonna bring in some fly-ass playas and we're gonna rocket up that league like a mobile phone up Jermaine Jenas's arsepiece."

Which is either going to be a lie or it's going to be the truth.  So people will either be cynical or they'll go way over the top with their expectations.  So let's just let the actions speak for themselves.  I'll tell you what I want - I want Allardyce and Mort to form a great working relationship over the next few weeks as they work towards bringing players in - I think they've both accepted that things are getting a bit desperate now and I very much doubt either of them want to fail in this window, so I think signings are absolutely guaranteed.

I want to see gradual improvements at the club, although I'm fully prepared though for this to be a season of transition where we possibly don't quite make it into qualifying for Europe.  I hope we do, but as long as I see improvements, and things going in the right direction on and off the pitch, and I see from their actions that the new owner/chairman want success for the club, I'll be quietly content that we'll get there over time.

I don't need Mike Ashley to come out with a mission statement in the meantime though.

I'm not sure what you're looking for Tsunami.  The only statement he can feasibly come out with is one in which he says "Oh man we are just gonna be so good that you aren't gonna believe it.  We are gonna rock like geology.  I'm gonna bring in some fly-ass playas and we're gonna rocket up that league like a mobile phone up Jermaine Jenas's arsepiece."

Which is either going to be a lie or it's going to be the truth.  So people will either be cynical or they'll go way over the top with their expectations.  So let's just let the actions speak for themselves.  I'll tell you what I want - I want Allardyce and Mort to form a great working relationship over the next few weeks as they work towards bringing players in - I think they've both accepted that things are getting a bit desperate now and I very much doubt either of them want to fail in this window, so I think signings are absolutely guaranteed.

I want to see gradual improvements at the club, although I'm fully prepared though for this to be a season of transition where we possibly don't quite make it into qualifying for Europe.  I hope we do, but as long as I see improvements, and things going in the right direction on and off the pitch, and I see from their actions that the new owner/chairman want success for the club, I'll be quietly content that we'll get there over time.

I don't need Mike Ashley to come out with a mission statement in the meantime though.

He says before pressing "Too bloody right, we know nowt about him & I'm getting nervous."

Guest Gemmill

He says before pressing "Too bloody right, we know nowt about him & I'm getting nervous."

Ya wha? ???