Julien Faubert

Delima

Seems like West Ham have signed a player rated quite highly in France? Does anyone know more about this lad Julien Faubert?

Craig Bellamy, Dean Ashton

Luis Boa Morte, Scott Parker, Julien Faubert,

Goerge McCartney, Matthew Upson, Daniel Gabiddon, Lucas Neill

Robert Green

A midtable team. Will they splash some cash to sign a right winger, now that they have lost Yossi Benayoun to Liverpool?

Domenech Hammers Faubert

By Peter ORourke -  Created on 17 Jul 2007

France coach Raymond Domenech has blasted Julien Faubert's move to West Ham.

Faubert left Bordeaux for West Ham earlier this month after The Hammers beat Rangers to the midfielder's signature.

Domenech has expressed his disappointment at Faubert's decision to move to Upton Park, hinting the 23-year-old has damaged his international ambitions by switching to Alan Curbishley's side.

Faubert has made one appearance for France, but Domenech believes he could struggle to add to his tally after opting to join West Ham.

"I can't understand Faubert's decision. When my players phone me to tell me they are moving clubs, I tell them it is okay if they are joining one of the top four in England, Germany, Italy or Spain," Domenech is quoted as saying in The Sun.

"But it is unspeakably stupid to join a club outside of those few, apart from the financial point of view.

"It is a great pity when you are on the brink of the French national team.

"I struggle to understand why he has done it."

He's been steadily improving over the last 2-3 years... great first half of the season last year, which earned him a callup to the national squad.

He kind of fizzled near the end, and I guess this is a new challenge for him. He is a pacey winger type who plays a very direct style of football, very much suited for the English game. I think he'll be a very decent prem player.

Heard about those comments from Domenech this morning on SSN... highly retarded they are. Pretentious drivel.

I guess he'd rather see everyone go to Chelsea and play 10 league games a season. He's a looney twat.

It's different in the sense that Tevez is an established member of his national team, and highly rated around Europe.

To almost completely deny a player like Faubert (who is a big question mark in terms of what he can potentially become) a chance of getting into a future squad just because he's gone to a club like West Ham, and do it so publicly, is highly moronic imho.

Don't know about anyone else but to me West Ham's transfer dealings reek of desperation. It comes across that there is no thought or structure in their transfer plans, they just seem to be throwing money at whoever is available.

Faubert is an example of this desperation. Fairly soon after the move his agent confirmed all other interested parties had been forced to withdraw from the race to sign him because of the ridiculous price slapped on him by his club, but no West Ham appear to have no limits, not only do they pay this fee, but they offer him a lucrative contract surrendering to the player's over the top wage demands.

The strange thing is West Ham's midfield is probably one of their stronger areas. I can fully understand signing up Scott Parker as a replacement for Reo-Coker but the January purchase of Boa Morte and the recent purchase of Faubert seem unnecessary when they are in need of more determined players like the young Noble rather than luxury players you'd expect a top six side to be adding to their squad simply because they are available. 

Guest Bateman

westham fan here, just signed up to see your thoughts on scott parker seems pretty mixed..

few points we havn't spent loads (yet) about £20 out and we have recouped £14m and with Marlon 'homer' harewood off to Villa for £4m pretty much static. i'm not going to attempt to start some spurs like argument that we are a business though as i imagine by the end of the transfer window we will have spent a few quid more..

as for faubert had a craker against daggers at the weekend bloody quick and strong. that french coach is a muppet he'd pick SWP everygame on that logic..

Guest maddog2

it seems the french coach is too lazy to watch any games outside of france. he just picks the players in the top 4 clubs of italy, spain, germany and england and then the players from the french league.

Guest optimistic nit

West Ham fans aren't welcome, we don't like your sort blueyes.gif unless your willing to post 50 lines of "We were extremely moronic to think that the Tevez and Mascarino deals were ok, that we were going to beat arsenal to the fourth spot and we deserved to be relegated last year"

Guest optimistic nit

it seems the french coach is too lazy to watch any games outside of france. he just picks the players in the top 4 clubs of italy, spain, germany and england and then the players from the french league.

Robert, Benard and Zog can confirm that.

Guest Bateman

West Ham fans aren't welcome, we don't like your sort blueyes.gif unless your willing to post 50 lines of "We were extremely moronic to think that the Tevez and Mascarino deals were ok, that we were going to beat arsenal to the fourth spot and we deserved to be relegated last year"

think you'd be hard pressed to find a single westham fan who didn't think the deals where dodgy... afraid i think top 4 will be the same as always although you should do a hell of a lot better with out the tatical mastermind that is Glen roedur at the helm.. viduka and owen will be class if viduka can be bothered to turn up and owen isn't injured could be the partnership of the premiership.. closely followed by bellamy and ashton. (until bellamy goes mental and smacks someone.)

westham fan here, just signed up to see your thoughts on scott parker seems pretty mixed..

few points we havn't spent loads (yet) about £20 out and we have recouped £14m and with Marlon 'homer' harewood off to Villa for £4m pretty much static. i'm not going to attempt to start some spurs like argument that we are a business though as i imagine by the end of the transfer window we will have spent a few quid more..

as for faubert had a craker against daggers at the weekend bloody quick and strong. that french coach is a muppet he'd pick SWP everygame on that logic..

Some on here will disagree and may hope Parker flops for you guys. But i feel you have bought a very good player and got him for a decent price too. In the 05/06 season he was our player of the season and rightly made captain for last season. last season was a bad one for him, he was very good in a handfull of games but just didn't really find any consistancy, was injured and fell out with a section of fans. I blame roeder for this as Roeder tried to make him into 'our Gerrard' pushing him further forward (and inexplicably encouraged Emre to defend more), when any idiot should be able to see Parkers best position is defensive CM.

If you can get him back on song and i can't see why you woulden't, you have one hell of a player on your hands who gives 100% week in week out, a player that the fans love for shear effort, crunching tackles, giving all for your cause. His passing could be a hell of alot better as he tends to pass back/sideways alot not forwards his vision could be alot better. I have him in my dream team as i think he'll come good again.

Bellamy was a fantastic player on the pitch come matchday, never fault his effort/workrate and did extremely well for us. But he's a gobby troublemaker, it won't be long before he's causing s**** again. So i'm glad he didn't come back.

Guest optimistic nit

think you'd be hard pressed to find a single westham fan who didn't think the deals where dodgy... afraid i think top 4 will be the same as always although you should do a hell of a lot better with out the tatical mastermind that is Glen roedur at the helm.. viduka and owen will be class if viduka can be bothered to turn up and owen isn't injured could be the partnership of the premiership.. closely followed by bellamy and ashton. (until bellamy goes mental and smacks someone.)

you missunderstand me, i saw a few of your fans thinking that you would beat the arse to 4th after those deals went ahead.

i'm still waiting for those lines :knuppel2: if your fast, i won't make you hand write it and scan it in, a simple copy and paste job will be affecitve.  blueyes.gif

Guest Bateman

cheers toptoon for the info on parker hope he does well NRC just went missing in to many games last year so at having some one giving 100% will be a hell of a step up. god knows what martin o neill is doing he must not have watched westham last year having bought NRC and harewood.

optomystyc Nyt - sorry i'll admit there was some riduclous threads on Kumb last year about pushing for 4th those muppets got shoot down pretty easily...

no chance on the relegation issue.. we showed champions league form in the last 10 games.  ;)

i'd be happy this year with a midtable finish and a decent cup run and spurs to finish about 8th.

Story in todays Mirror:

HAMMERS READY TO ROQUE

17/07/2007

WEST HAM have made an audacious bid to snatch £5million rated Bayern Munich striker Roque Santa Cruz away from Sven Goran Eriksson's Manchester City.

The Hammers will match any bid and beat City's wage offer as they try to land Cruz who hit a hat-trick in Paraguay's 5-0 Copa America win over Colombia.

Now its not that I believe this particular story...Just using it to illustrate a point. This way West Ham seem to be going about things - The stupid contract on offer to Bellamy, there was talk that they offered Barton way more than Newcastle did...I think its embarrasing. They don't even seem to be trying to get players to come in for reasons other than the moneys. On Faubert, I heard that the kid wanted to go to Rangers, burnt his bridges at Bordeaux, then West Ham came in and gazumped Rangers bid so he was basically forced to go there. Similar to how Newcastle got Owen. Totally the wrong way to go about things I think and as such I don't think its going to end well. :nope: