Fraser Forster

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Guest dazzanufc1892

krul should still be the number 1 in my opinion, so id gladly see harper move on. footballs tough, cant keep someone just because they didnt have enough ambition to try and move on, instead sat on the bench taking the easy wage

Forster still keeping his clean sheets above 50% in total of his career. Now that's impressive. Very exciting prospect with absurd height even for a keeper.

Hope for the same as you guys, that next season will see Krul out on loan, or maybe even Harper gone(agething, looking to rebuild around young prospects). I think this guy's the future.

SPL games are nowhere near as one sided as you might think, forster has been tested loads during his spell at celtic. Despite a couple of early wobbles he's performed admirably, so much so i'd love to see him get a crack in out team. Unfortunately that means harper stepping aside.

This - nobody can judge Forster until we have seen him play several games for us in the PL.

Forster still keeping his clean sheets above 50% in total of his career. Now that's impressive. Very exciting prospect with absurd height even for a keeper.

Hope for the same as you guys, that next season will see Krul out on loan, or maybe even Harper gone(agething, looking to rebuild around young prospects). I think this guy's the future.

couldn't see harper going out on loan except short term to help someone out in an emergency. also think he'll stop on at the club in some capacity.

Forster should be given a proper run in the side - I am just NOT convinced by Krul because whilst he can be a good reaction stopper, he doesn't inspire confidence with his general play or commanding the box.

Until we see Forster in several first team games, I would not pick Krul over him.

Forster should be given a proper run in the side - I am just NOT convinced by Krul because whilst he can be a good reaction stopper, he doesn't inspire confidence with his general play or commanding the box.

Until we see Forster in several first team games, I would not pick Krul over him.

no he shouldn't. he should be assessed by the staff and decided on whether he is worthy of a run.

no he shouldn't. he should be assessed by the staff and decided on whether he is worthy of a run.

That's what you have managers and coaches for isn't it...!??? I doubt even Pardew would let Forster go without having a look at him in the first team.

The problem is that some on here would whinge pitifully if Forster displaced Krul permanently ......

That's what you have managers and coaches for isn't it...!??? I doubt even Pardew would let Forster go without having a look at him in the first team.

The problem is that some on here would whinge pitifully if Forster displaced Krul permanently ......

why do you think he should be given a proper run in the team then ?

Why not - don't you, or have you seen him play regularly...??

krul should still be the number 1 in my opinion, so id gladly see harper move on. footballs tough, cant keep someone just because they didnt have enough ambition to try and move on, instead sat on the bench taking the easy wage

:kinnear:

no i haven't and i wouldn't want players given a run of games in the team on the grounds that i haven't seen them regularly.

no i haven't and i wouldn't want players given a run of games in the team on the grounds that i haven't seen them regularly.

So do you think his performances - esp given his age - at other clubs DON'T warrant him getting a run in the side ? What other guide do the manager and coaching staff have ? That is why the guy went on loan in the first place ; to give him experience and to see how he performed in competitive games.

So rather than go off on a tangent, would you be in favour of him being selected for our first team or not ?

If not, why ?

So do you think his performances - esp given his age - at other clubs DON'T warrant him getting a run in the side ? What other guide do the manager and coaching staff have ? That is why the guy went on loan in the first place ; to give him experience and to see how he performed in competitive games.

So rather than go off on a tangent, would you be in favour of him being selected for our first team or not ?

If not, why ?

i see, so you've seen him play a few games then, just your post (531) makes it seem like just wanted him in blindly as you weren't too keen on krul. why didn't you say it was based on having seen him a few times.

i would never put anyone in the first team not having seen them a bit first and for me thats more than the 1 reserve game, 2 norwich games and 2 celtic games in which i've seen him (and in one of those games he was sent off after about 10mins and in another he had fuck all to do). then again i don't pick the team.

I'm surprised at how quickly people are righting Harper off.  Remember, he's a good quality and very experienced  goalkeeper.  Yes, he has to step aside, but hoying him out of the club could seriously harm the development of our two young keepers.  You cannot underestimate the effect that he will have on them during training, at games, the way they see him go about things etc etc etc.

If not, why ?

i see, so you've seen him play a few games then, just your post (531) makes it seem like just wanted him in blindly as you weren't too keen on krul. why didn't you say it was based on having seen him a few times.

i would never put anyone in the first team not having seen them a bit first and for me thats more than the 1 reserve game, 2 norwich games and 2 celtic games in which i've seen him (and in one of those games he was sent off after about 10mins and in another he had f*** all to do). then again i don't pick the team.

This is going nowhere, and frankly, your comment about my wanting Forster in the side 'blindly' is ridiculous.

You have admitted that you made a judgment on his capabilities as a keeper on the basis of his getting sent off at Celtic and also his appearances at Norwich where you claim he had f--- all to do. If you watch ANY keeper in a game where their side is on top, they end up having F--- all to do - that's what you would expect. No, I HAVEN'T seem Forster play regularly, and neither have the majority of our fans which is why we ALL want to see what he can do so we can actually make a judgment - as will the manager - on whether he is a better keeper than either Krul or Harper.

The comments from supporters of both Celtic and Norwich indicate that the majority are impressed with Forster, so for me, that is worth giving him a crack at the PL - if he fluffs it, so be it, but he deserves a chance.

No, I am NOT as impressed with Krul as some seem to be because he does not inspire confidence in his penalty area handling - in that respect, Harper is a far superior keeper but we won't know how good Forster is until we see him in action.

If not, why ?

i would never put anyone in the first team not having seen them a bit first and for me thats more than the 1 reserve game, 2 norwich games and 2 celtic games in which i've seen him (and in one of those games he was sent off after about 10mins and in another he had f*** all to do). then again i don't pick the team.

This is going nowhere, and frankly, your comment about my wanting Forster in the side 'blindly' is ridiculous.

You have admitted that you made a judgment on his capabilities as a keeper on the basis of his getting sent off at Celtic and also his appearances at Norwich where you claim he had f--- all to do. If you watch ANY keeper in a game where their side is on top, they end up having F--- all to do - that's what you would expect. No, I HAVEN'T seem Forster play regularly, and neither have the majority of our fans which is why we ALL want to see what he can do so we can actually make a judgment - as will the manager - on whether he is a better keeper than either Krul or Harper.

The comments from supporters of both Celtic and Norwich indicate that the majority are impressed with Forster, so for me, that is worth giving him a crack at the PL - if he fluffs it, so be it, but he deserves a chance.

No, I am NOT as impressed with Krul as some seem to be because he does not inspire confidence in his penalty area handling - in that respect, Harper is a far superior keeper but we won't know how good Forster is until we see him in action.

have you even read what i posted ? i'm saying the exact opposite of what you seem to think in that i haven't seen him enough to say what we should do and as i said "I" certainly wouldn't say anyone should get a run in the team on that basis.

oh by the way, it was at norwich he got sent off (at tranmere if memory serves) and the game was for celtic where he had f*** all to do.

can you point out to me where i made a judgement on him ?

edit. the line "we won't know how good Forster is until we see him in action." i've heard used so often about paul brayson, chopra etc and it's a silly thing to say as it could easily be said for every player thats not in the first team.

If not, why ?

have you even read what i posted ? i'm saying the exact opposite of what you seem to think in that i haven't seen him enough to say what we should do and as i said "I" certainly wouldn't say anyone should get a run in the team on that basis.

oh by the way, it was at norwich he got sent off (at tranmere if memory serves) and the game was for celtic where he had f*** all to do.

can you point out to me where i made a judgement on him ?

edit. the line "we won't know how good Forster is until we see him in action." i've heard used so often about paul brayson, chopra etc and it's a silly thing to say as it could easily be said for every player thats not in the first team.

Not interested in pursuing this any more - you clearly have an agenda either in favour of Krul or against Forster.

Thankfully, as you said, you don't pick the team(and I'm sure their are plenty on here pleased about THAT!)

However, time will prove who is correct about this - I look forward to seeing Forster given his chance as he undoubtedly will be in due course - we shall see........

• 2 weeks later...