Fraser Forster

Guest Alan Shearer 9

And, for what it's worth, I don't think it was a sending off. Forster just spread himself out as he went to ground for the ball, whoever the Rangers guy was, was diving before he reached Forster, ended up kneeing the poor fucker in the head, as soon as he came too he was seeing red waved in his face. Was a shit decision IMO.

Guest Rob 1988

Forster not going anwhere, says Alan Pardew  - chronicle

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/02/12/forster-not-going-anwhere-says-alan-pardew-72703-28160107/

ALAN PARDEW has warned Celtic – and any other potential suitors – that Fraser Forster is “not for sale”.

The Hexham-born giant has been in superb form for the Hoops this season, with the Parkhead outfit leading the way in the SPL.

However, while Forster’s extended loan deal with Celtic went through unnoticed on transfer deadline day in the aftermath of Andy Carroll’s controversial sale to Liverpool, Pardew is looking forward to welcoming him back to the club’s Benton base on the first day of pre-season training in the summer.

He told the Chronicle: “He’ll come back here next year and he’ll be trying to be No 1.

“I really like him – we’re keeping a close eye on him and his progress.

“You are talking about a guy who got a League One medal last year with Norwich and could get a Scottish Premier League one this year, in only his second full season.

“Some players play for 20 years and don’t get a medal at all. It’s an amazing opportunity for him.”

Pardew also has Tim Krul and Steve Harper on his books, with the Easington-born keeper in fine form this season.

The Toon boss has dismissed talk of Dutchman Krul leaving the club in the summer, and wants healthy competition at United.

He said: “We’ve got three good keepers. Harps is the No 1 at the moment and when the season ends we will reflect on how the season has unfolded.

“Who knows? We could get an injury and Tim goes in the goal for the rest of the season and does brilliantly.

“You can’t foresee what it is going to happen.

“All I know for certain is at the start of next summer I will have three good keepers.”

Forster not going anwhere, says Alan Pardew  - chronicle

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/02/12/forster-not-going-anwhere-says-alan-pardew-72703-28160107/

ALAN PARDEW has warned Celtic – and any other potential suitors – that Fraser Forster is “not for sale”.

The Hexham-born giant has been in superb form for the Hoops this season, with the Parkhead outfit leading the way in the SPL.

However, while Forster’s extended loan deal with Celtic went through unnoticed on transfer deadline day in the aftermath of Andy Carroll’s controversial sale to Liverpool, Pardew is looking forward to welcoming him back to the club’s Benton base on the first day of pre-season training in the summer.

He told the Chronicle: “He’ll come back here next year and he’ll be trying to be No 1.

“I really like him – we’re keeping a close eye on him and his progress.

“You are talking about a guy who got a League One medal last year with Norwich and could get a Scottish Premier League one this year, in only his second full season.

“Some players play for 20 years and don’t get a medal at all. It’s an amazing opportunity for him.”

Pardew also has Tim Krul and Steve Harper on his books, with the Easington-born keeper in fine form this season.

The Toon boss has dismissed talk of Dutchman Krul leaving the club in the summer, and wants healthy competition at United.

He said: “We’ve got three good keepers. Harps is the No 1 at the moment and when the season ends we will reflect on how the season has unfolded.

“Who knows? We could get an injury and Tim goes in the goal for the rest of the season and does brilliantly.

“You can’t foresee what it is going to happen.

“All I know for certain is at the start of next summer I will have three good keepers.”

Neither is Andy Carroll apparently.  :undecided:

Right attitude from Pardew, but at least one will demand a transfer in the summer anyway.

Harper hopefully.

Not sure about that. I can see Harper remaining #1 and both of the others being unhappy at the club.

Right attitude from Pardew, but at least one will demand a transfer in the summer anyway.

Harper hopefully.

Not sure about that. I can see Harper remaining #1 and both of the others being unhappy at the club.

I'd be gutted to lose either promising keeper for an ageing limited one like Harper. Hopefully Pardew sees this as well.

Why? I assume they will start with a clean slate then one will get a loan once Pardew has had a chance to look at them all..

I'd loan Forster out for another season to Celtic or whoever. Harper will do one more season and Krul has been good for us when playing. Either I'd sen Krul or Forster on loan. But I can see Harper staying as number 1 for another season.

Why? I assume they will start with a clean slate then one will get a loan once Pardew has had a chance to look at them all..

I don't think Forster will be happy to go onto the bench after playing every week in front of big crowds. Harper won't be happy going onto the bench as the senior goalkeeper of the group. Krul is probably the one we'd find easiest to keep happy but if clubs abroad come in for him I think we'd be willing to sell as he'd fetch good money.

It'll be interesting to see how it pans out.

Harper is currently quite a bit ahead of the youger two keepers and he's proven that this season when he's come back in.  Forster and Krul should be better at the start of next season but it might be too soon for them to walk into the team and perform every week at this level.  It might be worth bringing Forster back as number 2 and send Krul out for a full season to get more games.  The season after next is probably the time when they become our first choice keepers.