Owen out for 10 days - Thigh Strain in training.

Dragon55544

Shows what a fuckin terrible signing he was, when people are happy our most expensive player in history might play 25 games a season!

Indeed. He'll probably go down as one of the worst signings in Premiership history.

Most players will be getting injuries at this early stage of the season, muscles will be getting worked after long periods of rest, of course there'll be strains here and there.

People need to stop whining. I'll join you whinging if hes out for a sustained period of time this season but not now ffs.

Owen's case isn't like other players though. He cost his club £16M, a record fee, and has barely kicked a ball in two years while picking up humongous wages. He's also our only player to have picked up an injury in pre-season training, so I don't think it's as common as you make out. At a time when he really needs to show his fitness he's already missing 2 of our first 3 pre-season games and that's not a good sign of things to come.

Shows what a fuckin terrible signing he was, when people are happy our most expensive player in history might play 25 games a season!

Indeed. He'll probably go down as one of the worst signings in Premiership history.

Times only has him at 40th worst, so he's got that goin' for him.

It is just a thigh strain, players get niggles all the time, im pleased he and BS have decided not to play him so their not risking anything. One aspect is now NO sain club will try to buy him this window, never know, the reason BS made it public might be to safeguard against any bids. He's keen, enthusiastic and feels like he has something to prove. Take a note from the players book at the moment... be positive!

Guest Ridzuan

Was very anxious when I first heard the news of him being injured,but was quite relieved when it is just a minor injury.Hopefully he will not suffer any setbacks and will be fit for us for the start of the season.

A lot of knee-jerk stuff going on in here. It's a thigh strain ffs - a ten day injury. In Owen's season with Real, he played FORTY games. He's shown that he can get over all this niggling injuries and play a big part in his team's season. The past two seasons have been very disappointing for both him and us, but those were injuries that you really cannot prevent, so I see no reason to criticize him for that. Anyhow, I expect Owen to get to play around 30 or more league games. Factor in that we have no European games this season = less traveling = less games = more time to rest = a better and fitter Michael Owen. Honestly, this should be his productive season in a while, and while that's not saying much, it would mean a revival for him (individually) and most probably mean a revival for the club as well.

Started 22 games, came on as a sub in 18 other games (soccerbase.com). That's pretty decent for someone who was never guaranteed a place in the team.

Score 40-odd goals in a season when he was 16 too