Emre must go.

Parky

BTW a midfield of Butt, Barton and Emre = distinct lack of height, pace and athleticism. Would prefer a real powerhouse in there, someone like Appiah.

pace and athleticism ?...........did you miss last season when emre got further forward than box to box parker and got further back than box to box parker.agreed about no startling pace but which centralmidfielders have ?

I think I must have missed that.

BTW a midfield of Butt, Barton and Emre = distinct lack of height, pace and athleticism. Would prefer a real powerhouse in there, someone like Appiah.

pace and athleticism ?...........did you miss last season when emre got further forward than box to box parker and got further back than box to box parker.agreed about no startling pace but which centralmidfielders have ?

almost every game at home in which they both played.

Ideally Dyer and Emre need replacing Gudj and Baptista.

Two bickering and moody trolls with two farm fed healthy cattle. :razz:

The latter two are rather more dynamic and frightening.

almost every game at home in which they both played.

Quite possibly I suppose. There would have been large time lapses between the two though.

Guest Gemmill

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d92/strings74/33tieljap4.gif

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d92/strings74/33tieljap4.gif

:laugh:

I love that.

Imo one of the reasons Emre never really showed his true ability, is because he works best in a three man midfield behind the AMC and with a hardworking more defensive minded player beside him. The same way as Barca plays Iniesta or Deco. I think this is how Big Sam wants to play him, if he choices to stick with his 4-3-3 formation. So selling him now wouldn't be a good move.

I am really surprised that some of you want Emre out. He might not have performed extraordinarily well alst season but who has? He might be the only one with a magic touch (apart from Nobby perhaps) in the middle of the park. Definetely one of Europe's finest midfield maestros!

What has he done in the last 8 years to warrant such praise?

bringing inter at second place... at the last year of hector raul cuper managerial... one of moratti golden boy in  that time... emre career just drop like a water fall since mancini... just very few time of playing... one of 100 top footballer legend at pele's view....

I am really surprised that some of you want Emre out. He might not have performed extraordinarily well alst season but who has? He might be the only one with a magic touch (apart from Nobby perhaps) in the middle of the park. Definetely one of Europe's finest midfield maestros!

bringing inter at second place... at the last year of hector raul cuper managerial... one of moratti golden boy in  that time... emre career just drop like a water fall since mancini... just very few time of playing... one of 100 top footballer legend at pele's view....

How long ago was that?

How long ago was that?

1 season..... he just arrived... 1 season before he become first team regular player

How long ago was that?

1 season..... he just arrived... 1 season before he become first team regular player

That was before the injuries though right?

How long ago was that?

ditto!... but his injury are not as crocked as owen... just mancini quite doesn't like midget...

How long ago was that?

ditto!... but his injury are not as crocked as owen... just mancini quite doesn't like midget...

He's not what he used to be though I think you'd agree.

I'm going to fucking shoot Pele. Pele's called every bloody player in the world 'one of the greatest players of all time'. It means nothing. I remember back in 2005, Pele stopped by our 5-a-side down Scotswood Road and said, pointing at me, 'That boy... that boy is one of the top 20 midfielders of all time'.

I'm going to fucking shoot Pele. Pele's called every bloody player in the world 'one of the greatest players of all time'. It means nothing. I remember back in 2005, Pele stopped by our 5-a-side down Scotswood Road and said, pointing at me, 'That boy... that boy is one of the top 20 midfielders of all time'.

:laugh:

How long ago was that?

Injuries haven't ruined him mate, I think you're clutching at straws here tbh.

What's held him back is having 2 awful managers in Souness and Roader.

Guest winchestermag

Emre is a cracking player, must stay and get the best out of him.

Yeah people keep saying that but the stats say otherwise and have done now for a number of years.

My opinion. Stats, lies, damn lies and statistics.

How long ago was that?

Yes Baggy that is partly true but is also true is that he while looking good he doesn't contribute much like the way I used to hide in the choir. :razz:

Yeah people keep saying that but the stats say otherwise and have done now for a number of years.

Those are Big Sams bible.

Guest winchestermag

Those are Big Sams bible.

TCA uses them but bible? I thought that was route one and a team of players all over 6 foot, which does for Emre anyway.

How long ago was that?

Yes Baggy that is partly true but is also true is that he while looking good he doesn't contribute much like the way I used to hide in the choir. :razz:

I think that depends on what you consider to be a contribution, he doesn't get many goals or assists if that's what you're referring to however he's a player that is capable of bringing more to the team than that, one thing that usually gets overlooked is how he drops deep to receive the simple ball from the defence so he can play it out from the back, he's a player that can keep the team ticking over with his ability to pass and move, he's someone who continuously looks for the ball in midfield, bringing others into the game and works his bollocks off most of the time closing down the opposition.

Teams need players like this, he's like an upgrade on Speed at Bolton last year and as part of a 3 man midfield he'll make a big contribution as to how we do in the league next season if he remains fit, sometimes you have to look deeper to find what contribution a player makes rather than stats on a website, look at the impact Carrick had on Spurs and Man Utd over the past few years but he's an unsung hero so to speak, I'm not saying Emre is as good as him but he's the same type of unsung hero to me.