Emre must go.

Parky

Emre has done nothing while he's been here, he's got a big season ahead of him this season, if he doesn't improve then we should think about letting him go but I'd hate to do it before seeing what a half decent manager can get out of him.

A top player held back by an awful partner in Scott Parker, he's technically the best midfielder on our books and i'd be gutted if we were to lose him and sign a plodder like Fletcher.

Sums it up, though I think he was poor last year as much due to Roeder's awful tactics as much as Parker's awful football.

If we're going to be playing 4-3-3 then selling Emre would be absolute madness, as he's a perfect 4-3-3 player. In a 2-man midfield he can't really play DM (not good enough defensively) or AM (doesn't get up to support the strikers well enough) but he's the type of player you need in a 4-3-3.

Technically brilliant, great vision and covers a lot of ground. With a proper DM beside him to protect the back 4 and someone like Barton who will get forward and get goals, Emre can be our deep-lying playmaker. With someone like Viduka who we can play the ball into feet to, coupled with full-backs who won't hoof the ball aimlessly forward under even the slightest pressure, we'll see Emre's game improve immensely this season.

I've gone into more depth on this a number of times, can't be arsed again.

I remember him playing very well when we played 4-3-3 against Arsenal and Man Utd (before coming off injured) under Souness. Definitely think he could perform in that formation.

Guest Kenton Magpie

A top player held back by an awful partner in Scott Parker, he's technically the best midfielder on our books and i'd be gutted if we were to lose him and sign a plodder like Fletcher.

That is bollocks, blaming Parker for Emre's poor displays last season. Who do we blame if he has a stinker next season? Barton maybe?

Guest khyberpass

That is bollocks, blaming Parker for Emre's poor displays last season. Who do we blame if he has a stinker next season? Barton maybe?

Got to agree with you Kenton...complete bollox to keep hanging Parker...Got no problem with Emre mind...beautiful touch; but I am concerned at his strength for our league.

Would like to see us keep the players we've got AND sign a Gamst Pedersen/ Baptista...

It is a fact that we played better and got more points when emre played with Butt rather than Parker.

:yikes:

That doesn't read right.

Filthy mind you...

Anyway, posted this in another thread regarding Emre and the 4-3-3.

Emre has been very inconsistent in his time here, don't think anyone can argue that. His real problem is that he doesn't really fit into a regular 4-4-2 formation, or 2 man CM midfield combination of any kind. As a holding player, he's too prone to switching off at times, which you can't have from your DM. While he's willing to get himself about and is a fiery little fella by all accounts, he doesn't really win the ball a lot or protect the defense outstandingly. So he's not cut out for the holding roll.

In his first season here, he played primarily alongside Parker, with Parker in the holding roll. While he is very technically sound on the ball, he didn't get into advanced positions on a regular enough basis to cause worry for the opposition defenses. You need one of your midfielders to get beyond the strikers on a regular enough basis and score goals from the middle of the park, and Emre doesn't and I don't think he ever will.

So while he doesn't seem to fit in there, he's a great fit for a 3-man midfield. With an imposing DM to protect the back 4, and Barton a box-to-box to player who will get into dangerous positions and hopefully contribute goals from the middle, Emre will be the link man, or deep lying playmaker. His job will be to be the main distributor of play from the middle, constantly available to recieve the ball and find a team-mate, which is crucial in retaining possesion. Pirlo does it for Milan, Xavi for Barcelona, and Carrick will be likely be able to step into that role for Man U now that thye have a more natural ball-winner in Hargreaves.

Think Emre has the qualities to do it, even though some will say (and rightfully) that he has been very wasteful with possesion at times for us. With a more suitable role in the team, combined with a center forward like Viduka who he can play the ball into feet to, full-backs who he's comfortable exchanging possesion with knowing they're not likely to panic at any moment and hoof the ball aimlessly forward, a solid holding midfielder behind him, and runners from deep like Barton, Milner, possibly N'Zogbia or whoever else we end up with in midfield with, I think we'll see Emre flourish next year.

You can't afford to sell him with Barton missing the start of the season

Maybe if he hasn't impressed by January and Barton is settled in the team you can look at shipping him out and getting someone else in but I don't think it's worth the gamble at this stage

Guest Immsy7

I think Emre is brilliant. Hard working and has bags of ability. Allardyce knows better than to sell him, anyone that seriously thinks that we should sell him right now is being stupid tbh.

Time to ditch the little fella. Has some bright moments in games but dissapears for long periods and often the passing and free kicks are woeful.

There is apparently interest from European and Turkish clubs and I don't think he is dynamic enough in the way Gudjohnsen or Baptista would be in a 433.

Also he is another with the perpetual injury merry-go-round.

This would be the time to get shot.

I don't think he is a SA player.

I disagree with ya there!Sam has brought the best outta alot worse players than emre!Ya I agree I would sell Dyer before Emre!

It is a fact that we played better and got more points when emre played with Butt rather than Parker.

Exactly, anyone who's watched us over the past 2 years can tell what a big improvement the team has had performance wise when Parker was out, him being in the team dragged everyone's performances down.

I expect a big improvement in everyone this year now that useless bastard has gone.

Guest Geordiesned

This is not the time to be selling anyone else. It looks liike Dyer is off and getting rid of Emre would leave us needing to strengthen in midfield as well as in defence and we're struggling to get the defenders in as it is.

Guest SwissMagpie

Bring Kim Kallstrom.unsettled at Lyon and Valencia wants him with a Swap deal with Morientes

Guest AceDeuce

man i was waiting for this thread since sam was appointed.

woot, there it is... knew it was coming!

im sure he will perform A LOT better this season.

give him enough room in midfield and some decent players up front and you can watch him run the show.

p.s.: some guys cant live without an "lets get rid of emre"-thread on page 2 or 3. no this must be first page stuff!