N'Zogbia best left back at the club? -Allardyce

Nobody

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1077070,00.html

SAM Allardyce said he was pleased with the performance of Charles N'Zogbia after the young Frenchman operated at left-back for the bulk of Saturday's 1-1 friendly draw with Carlisle United.

The Newcastle United boss experimented with 4-3-3 and 4-4-2 formations at Brunton Park, and after the game he reserved special praise for the former Le Havre starlet, who showed great versatility in adapting to an unfamiliar role.

Indeed, Big Sam told Newcastle World after the game: "Charles N'Zogbia arguably could be the best left back this club has on its books at the moment playing like that.

"For him, and me, it was an opportunity to see him give a terrific performance in that position.

"He did everything the right way. He made fewer mistakes than a lot of his team-mates, he created a lot of great opportunities for us coming from deep and defensively where I thought he might get caught out - and perhaps might in the Premiership - he did not get caught out.

"I think it could be a good position for him if he wants to play there.

"Some people have said he may not be comfortable with it but he should be comfortable with any position as long as it's 1-11 playing for Newcastle United."

Unbelievable that Allardyce is coming out and saying that the Zog wont even be considered for away games. Shocking treatment.

Agreed, he's starting to sound like Souness.

Guest Knightrider

SAM Allardyce said he was pleased with the performance of Charles N'Zogbia after the young Frenchman operated at left-back for the bulk of Saturday's 1-1 friendly draw with Carlisle United.

The Newcastle United boss experimented with 4-3-3 and 4-4-2 formations at Brunton Park, and after the game he reserved special praise for the former Le Havre starlet, who showed great versatility in adapting to an unfamiliar role.

Indeed, Big Sam told Newcastle World after the game: "Charles N'Zogbia arguably could be the best left back this club has on its books at the moment playing like that.

"For him, and me, it was an opportunity to see him give a terrific performance in that position.

"He did everything the right way. He made fewer mistakes than a lot of his team-mates, he created a lot of great opportunities for us coming from deep and defensively where I thought he might get caught out - and perhaps might in the Premiership - he did not get caught out.

"I think it could be a good position for him if he wants to play there.

"Some people have said he may not be comfortable with it but he should be comfortable with any position as long as it's 1-11 playing for Newcastle United."

Tbh

Deary me there is some right knee-jerkers on here at the moment, getting their knickers in a twist because OMG with over 4 weeks to go until the window closes, we still haven't signed a LB.

As we all know N'Zogbia hasn't been too happy at the club, with rumours circulating that the arrival of Duff was one of the main factors, and now a new manager is playing him in defence... These quotes clearly read to me anyway as a confidence booster, a challenge to N'Zogbia, that the manager has every faith and confidence in the lad to perform, even out of position.

Well done Sam.

:rolleyes:

Thats because you haven't signed one you useless t***.

It has begun already. :D

It started ages ago with some.

Where as other's are happy to have blind faith and think it'll all fall into place.

Where as other's are happy to have blind faith and think it'll all fall into place.

You are right, much better just to get the hump now rather than waiting to see what actually happens.  :frantic:

You are right, much better just to get the hump now rather than waiting to see what actually happens.  :frantic:

I don't think there's anything wrong with showing concern at the current situation, still if I hadn't just forked out £500 and my only contribution to the club was posting on a message board then I'd be more relaxed about the situation too.

Guest Knightrider

Or perhaps, just maybe, people have accepted that it may take a little bit longer than 2 months to right the wrongs of Shepherd, Souness and Roeder...

Guest Knightrider

I don't think there's anything wrong with showing concern at the current situation, still if I hadn't just forked out £500 and my only contribution to the club was posting on a message board then I'd be more relaxed about the situation too.

There is concern then there is calling the new manager a useless  t*** for god knows what because I for one fail to see what is so annoying about these quotes. You've been on "edge" for a while now Baggio, morbidly critical of the slightest thing that doesn't go your way or appear in line with your own views.

Can see the NE5/HTL mentality is starting to rub off on you, Super!

FYI I spent a good £600+ last season watching Newcastle, wow aren't I the superfan!

Or perhaps, just maybe, people have accepted that it may take a little bit longer than 2 months to right the wrongs of Shepherd, Souness and Roeder...

Blaming others is pointless in this situation, the fact is Allardyce has to get players in or we're going to struggle this season, it's easy to say give him time but the season kicks off in less than 3 weeks, I remember people saying the same last season under Roeder and look how that turned out.

Classic.

FYI I spent a good £600+ last season watching Newcastle, wow aren't I the superfan!

I spent easily a quid more than whatever you spent.

You should seriously consider changing your internet service provider if that's the case.