No Ashley transfer funds! Yet!

Guest Brazilianbob

Guest sicko2ndbest

I dont see how this review affects transfer money. I can tell him now there isnt any money in the coffers and im sure he knew that before buying the club. This review can be done after 31st August.

Ashley isn't gonna put any money into the club until the review is complete, any decent businessman would be the same in all other businesses. In other words, you do some research before you invest, Ashley wants thing perfect before he starts churning out millions.

Correct

However i believe it is false economy. I believe deals have been put into place however Ashley will not sanction them until the review is complete. Sams comments probably come as a result of Ashley Promising him money after the review not understanding Sams need to get all the team working how he wants them to prior to August 11th.

Players who are being targeted are reluctant to wait as they want their futures sorted early and probably have other offers on the table.

From what BSA has said Ashley and Mort are a little too reticent when it comes to stumping up real money in the transfer market, preferring instead to conduct "a full review" of the club.  Surely they did that before they bought the club!

No they didn't. There was no due dilligence, which is why it was such a bolt from the blue for Shepherd. Two other companies did do due dilligence and it took them months; because that's how long it takes to go from top to bottom in a PLC. Ashley has form for buying things without checking them out first as well, think I read he did it a couple of times with some sporting goods companies.

What this means for the season is anyone's guess. I'd imagine there's some cash, but how much I don't know. Of course there have been these leaks about how much we're willing to spend on a galactico, but that could easily be hype. It's worth noting that neither Mort or Ashley have made any comments about spending big.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Has there been any dates set for the completion of the review. I've got July 28th in my head for some reason?

Any got any actual evidence that the reason for the lull in our transfer activity is to do with Ashley not releasing cash? As far as I can see this is pure speculation.

Guest shaun11177

Whats the review going to say-basically if you want some new players you are going to have to pay for them, i can tell him that now.

Mort said that all signings are approved before been given the go-ahead, its possible the approval is taking too long something intimated by Allardyce recently. 

Guest khyberpass

CONSPIRACY THEORY....

This may support the belief (didn't Mort even say) that Sam was NOT who they would have appointed for the  job...

Therefore, don't give him the money he wants (or delay until he loses out on players)...

if he fails, you then get rid and bring in the man wanted in the 1st place (capello?)

Business is a cut throat business!

CONSPIRACY THEORY....

This may support the belief (didn't Mort even say) that Sam was NOT who they would have appointed for the  job...

Therefore, don't give him the money he wants (or delay until he loses out on players)...

if he fails, you then get rid and bring in the man wanted in the 1st place (capello?)

Business is a cut throat business!

meanwhile in that time the actual business slips further behind it's competition.

if that was the case wouldn't it be better to just sack allardyce now and get in the man they want ?

Any got any actual evidence that the reason for the lull in our transfer activity is to do with Ashley not releasing cash? As far as I can see this is pure speculation.

thats what I like, good old blind optimism and an absolute conviction that anyone but Fred would be better despite only 4 clubs qualifying for europe more than us in the past decade

What is your own particular "pure speculative opinion" on this matter ?

And why do you think he should be spending his own money ?

thats what I like, good old blind optimism and an absolute conviction that anyone but Fred would be better despite only 4 clubs qualifying for europe more than us in the past decade

trying to fuck up another thread ?

you mean having an alternative [but possibly correct] opinion to the numerous who blindly agree with each other ?

Like it or not, its a relevant comment that may indeed be true, that he does not intend to spend his own money on the club. Why do you think otherwise ?

Apart from that, the WUM deserves ridicule in spades.

Wake up and smell the coffee, it just might be correct.

Guest optimistic nit

you mean having an alternative [but possibly correct] opinion to the numerous who blindly agree with each other ?

Like it or not, its a relevant comment that may indeed be true, that he does not intend to spend his own money on the club. Why do you think otherwise ?

i'm not sure if it would particualry bother me, as long as he had the ability to turn the club into one that could generate a good profit. i would like him to spend a little to get the ball rolling though, as we're losing money at the minute, so if he doesn't spend his own, then we will see a couple of slow summers i think, before we start to see real action.

trying to f*** up another thread ?

so you mean as yet we don't know but you'll continue on your petty "fred was great and i'll fuck up a great many threads in the attempt to prove it".

i have sympathy for your views,i think fat fred took more stick than was justified,but he's gone and you know it is far too early to judge ashley,and you know people think he'll spend cos it would seem the most likely way to get a return on his investment.

can you tell me why he would spend £140mill minimum to have us languish in mid table losing cash ?

We all know that you are somewhat challenged when it comes to replying to things people have actually said, as opposed to some lurid narrative of your own devising, but even by your standards that was a pretty insane reply.

Of course there is also the possibility that Ashley has decided not to spend a penny until he has recouped his massive outlay in purchasing the club!  Lets face it he has got the TV money for this season which amounts to about 25% of his outlay, so a bit of asset stripping here and there and he has his money back.

That isn't a possibility at all to be honest, there's no reason for it.  After all he hasn't actually lost £140 million here.  His money is still there (or most of it), just that now its in assets instead of cash.  If he's looking to make money directly from the club (and he may not be) then it will have to be long term.  For instance get regular champs league Football for a few years, win a few trophies, generally make the club much more successful and then re-float on the stock market.  Sell a minority share (49% for instance) and he could possibly make back his initial £140 million investment (or maybe even more) while still being majority share holder.

i'm not sure if it would particualry bother me, as long as he had the ability to turn the club into one that could generate a good profit. i would like him to spend a little to get the ball rolling though, as we're losing money at the minute, so if he doesn't spend his own, then we will see a couple of slow summers i think, before we start to see real action.

it would piss me off if he took dividends without spending his own money though.

I'm not really totally sure how possible it is to actually make a profit in football while at the same time buy the top quality players and keep the ones you have ? The only club who appear to have done this in the last decade successfully - apart from the 2 clubs who operate in a different league to the rest of us, of which Chelsea prove the point perfectly as they were on the verge of bankruptcy until Abramovic stepped in - is Arsenal, on account of them having Arsene Wenger and unfortunately I don't see too many replicas of him around just now.

The only other club is Liverpool, but we don't know how much support they have had from the Moores, they at least have had the security provided by them. Ashley can at least offer that.

We all know that you are somewhat challenged when it comes to replying to things people have actually said, as opposed to some lurid narrative of your own devising, but even by your standards that was a pretty insane reply.

No reply I see. Not even speculation.

Guest optimistic nit

i think the textbook answer is that there is no actual evidence to suggest that ashley hasn't released funds but we have to accept the possability that he will not want to invest his own money into players.

i don't think thats the case however. He's spend 140million, a sum that will not be recouped by languishing in mid table and picking up the money generated from our attendance. to regain that money he will need to make the club a force, he paid over the odds, so will not get his money back unless we get better. to get better he will need to spend his own money, and anyway, to make a profit on us, i can see him needing to get into the Champions League at the very least. if we do that then we should be making a decent profit, and not really an asset someone will want to sell unless offered over the odds, so i would say he wants to spend and to stay long term.

allright NE5 lets just cut to the chase,would you rather fred was still here or would you rather we take the chance with ashley ?

I couldn't give a toss about personalities, we don't know if Ashley will back his managers. If he doesn't back them as much as Fred and the Halls, who would you rather have ?

allright NE5 lets just cut to the chase,would you rather fred was still here or would you rather we take the chance with ashley ?

I couldn't give a toss about personalities, we don't know if Ashley will back his managers. If he doesn't back them as much as Fred and the Halls, who would you rather have ?

stop avoiding the question,..................would you rather fred was still here or take the chance with ashley ?

i think the textbook answer is that there is no actual evidence to suggest that ashley hasn't released funds but we have to accept the possability that he will not want to invest his own money into players.

i don't think thats the case however. He's spend 140million, a sum that will not be recouped by languishing in mid table and picking up the money generated from our attendance. to regain that money he will need to make the club a force, he paid over the odds, so will not get his money back unless we get better. to get better he will need to spend his own money, and anyway, to make a profit on us, i can see him needing to get into the Champions League at the very least. if we do that then we should be making a decent profit, and not really an asset someone will want to sell unless offered over the odds, so i would say he wants to spend and to stay long term.

Liverpool were in the Champions League on a regular basis and won a load of trophies, yet when the club was sold it still carried quite a large debt that the new board had to take over.

Just being i there doesn't mean you will make a profit.