Dippers reveal stadium plans

NSG

I know all about the planning process, thank you. Planners can't decline an application because the proposal is ugly.

Then you don't know as much about the planning process as you think you do.

They can't. If a plan confirms to local and national policy contained in Planning Policy Guidelines and Planning Policy Statements as well as Liverpool's Local Development Framework and any adopted local plans then the planners can't just decline the application because it is ugly. Well they could but the developer would win on appeal.

Even when its on listed ground surrounded by listed buildings? The architect seemed to think that could be a problem, am no expert, but he is.

Then it would be subject to PPG15 and other government guidelines and policy.

So what does that mean for them, could the ground be changed to fit the surroundings better?

:undecided:

It would make things very complicated, without looking into it I do not know what exactly is listed in the area of the proposed stadium but there will be guidelines and policy that must be adhered to in order to have a chance of getting planning permission. You would think any developer would look into this before submitting any plans.

If the proposal would have a serious impact on certain listed buildings then I would be surprised that they have even submitted plans, it would be like us submitted plans for a massive East Stand knowing that planning permission is very unlikely due to the listed buildings behind.

I know all about the planning process, thank you. Planners can't decline an application because the proposal is ugly.

They can't. If a plan confirms to local and national policy contained in Planning Policy Guidelines and Planning Policy Statements as well as Liverpool's Local Development Framework and any adopted local plans then the planners can't just decline the application because it is ugly. Well they could but the developer would win on appeal.

Even when its on listed ground surrounded by listed buildings? The architect seemed to think that could be a problem, am no expert, but he is.

So what does that mean for them, could the ground be changed to fit the surroundings better?

It would make things very complicated, without looking into it I do not know what exactly is listed in the area of the proposed stadium but there will be guidelines and policy that must be adhered to in order to have a chance of getting planning permission. You would think any developer would look into this before submitting any plans.

If the proposal would have a serious impact on certain listed buildings then I would be surprised that they have even submitted plans, it would be like us submitted plans for a massive East Stand knowing that planning permission is very unlikely due to the listed buildings behind.

Should get interesting in the next few weeks. Like i said before i'm happy for them to be getting a new stadium and to be doing something different, i'm not being bitter about this just a lot more vocal than usual as there's fuk all else to talk about right now.  :blush:

Good luck to Liverpool, lets just hope our own expansion past 60k goes ahead within the same timescale and it really wont effect us in the long term.

Should get interesting in the next few weeks. Like i said before i'm happy for them to be getting a new stadium and to be doing something different, i'm not being bitter about this just a lot more vocal than usual as there's fuk all else to talk about right now.  :blush:

Good luck to Liverpool, lets just hope our own expansion past 60k goes ahead within the same timescale and it really wont effect us in the long term.

I hope it gets built, it is unique and I like that. Nothing worse than everyone having an identikit stadium.

That type of shitty sweeping curve along the outside is a decidedly un-american feature.  Not that I'd expect you inferiority-complex having limey cuntrags to understand that.  By god you insecure motherfuckers go out of your way to link something you don't like to an american in some way just to extrapolate that as though it was something all of the USoA voted on as a whole so you can sit around and jack each other off over tea, pip-pipping and cheerio-ing how happy you are to be ruled by an inbred moncarchy and how silly all those yanks are.

Go f*** yourselves. 

What a crap wind up. "pip-pipping and cheerio-ing" :lol:

Guest trotter58

I hope it gets built, it is unique and I like that. Nothing worse than everyone having an identikit stadium.

It's not unique. It's an identikit American football stadium.

It is unique in this country.

Guest trotter58

Could have been worse. Here's one they made earlier:

http://www.stadiumsofnfl.com/future/los904.jpg

Post a picture of one that looks identical to that.

Guest trotter58

Identical to what? New Liverpool ground? American football stadiums traditionally have steep stands at the side of the pitch and separate seating at the 'end zone'.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/newstadium/images/2007/edit-0707-STADIUM-in1.jpg

Looks good, at least it's different to the 80% concrete stadiums that have been built lately.

NO CORNERS?

LOOKS SHIT

Identical to what? New Liverpool ground? American football stadiums traditionally have steep stands at the side of the pitch and separate seating at the 'end zone'.

Identical to the outside, of course it's going to look similar inside. What do you expect it to look like?

NO CORNERS?

LOOKS SHIT

That's the 60k seater, when they get permission for the extra 18k seats they'll fill the corners in.

Can't see Liverpool filling an 80,000 stadium, that's an extra 35,000 fans. I remember the year they won the Champions League they only got 30,000 in the group stage. 60,000 would be about right for them, unless they're winning the league year on year.

Guest trotter58

Identical to the outside, of course it's going to look similar inside. What do you expect it to look like?

Who gives a flying f**k what it looks like on the outside! I'm talking about the inside, where the actual game takes place!

Someone said it was Unique

You said it was identikit

How can it be a identikit stadium if it looks nothing like anything else? If you're saying it looks like others on the inside then nearly every stadium in the world is identical.

Guest trotter58

Someone said it was Unique

You said it was identikit

How can it be a identikit stadium if it looks nothing like anything else? If you're saying it looks like others on the inside then nearly every stadium in the world is identical.

O.K. i'll expand on what i said (for the hard of thinking) It is not unique because it looks like the INSIDE of an American football stadium rather than a traditional bowl-shaped English football stadium for reasons i've already explained. Pardon me for crediting you with some intelligence, i'll know better in future.

Looks good, at least it's different to the 80% concrete stadiums that have been built lately.

Concrete stadiums? What do you think this will be made out of?

Glass, concrete and steel, the same as all the other stadiums are.

Where's Rafa, btw? Wonder what his view is on this.

Hes been on SSN and said he hasnt had any say on this bedcause they have been busy with the Champions League

FUCK OFF Rafa!

I dont mind it, i like how they have tried to keep the Kop individual from the rest of the stadium, personally i dunno if this has worked but, nice idea.

I think the square front glass bit does look like a library/college!

Its OK, nothing to shout about imo

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/6800/44019535liverpool416bi9.jpg

I can see hardly any concrete there which is a good thing, the bottom half of the Emirates and Wembley are basically just a massive block of characterless concrete.