Allardyce says 'I am proper cacking myself'

Dave

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1078878,00.html

Big Sam On Transfer Latest

By Craig Hope

SAM Allardyce has reiterated his determination to bring new faces to St.James' Park and says he is working around the clock to achieve that goal.

The 52-year-old gaffer has already added Mark Viduka, Joey Barton, David Rozehnal and Geremi to his Toon ranks this summer, but is desperate to add more defenders to his United squad.

And Big Sam admits that the majority of his days are taken up trying to secure deals to sign new players.

"We are trying to secure as many players as we can as quickly as we can," said the former Bolton boss.

"We are trying on a day-to-day basis and it's taking up the main focus of the day for me.

"It know and understand the fans' frustration, but they should be in my shoes, it's even more frustrating and I'm doing all I can to bring the players we need to Newcastle."

Meanwhile, Sam distanced the Magpies from a move for FC Copenhagen centre-back Brede Hangeland, a player linked with the Geordies in various newspapers in recent weeks.

"Brede Hangeland is not a player I have watched," he added.

So there, knobheeds.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1078878,00.html

Big Sam On Transfer Latest

By Craig Hope

SAM Allardyce has reiterated his determination to bring new faces to St.James' Park and says he is working around the clock to achieve that goal.

The 52-year-old gaffer has already added Mark Viduka, Joey Barton, David Rozehnal and Geremi to his Toon ranks this summer, but is desperate to add more defenders to his United squad.

And Big Sam admits that the majority of his days are taken up trying to secure deals to sign new players.

"We are trying to secure as many players as we can as quickly as we can," said the former Bolton boss.

"We are trying on a day-to-day basis and it's taking up the main focus of the day for me.

"It know and understand the fans' frustration, but they should be in my shoes, it's even more frustrating and I'm doing all I can to bring the players we need to Newcastle."

Meanwhile, Sam distanced the Magpies from a move for FC Copenhagen centre-back Brede Hangeland, a player linked with the Geordies in various newspapers in recent weeks.

"Brede Hangeland is not a player I have watched," he added.

So there, knobheeds.

Wonder if any deals are close??  Hope so

I'd say so, I trust that Sam is trying his hardest and with 'The Mort' backing him 100% it should be only a matter of time!

Roeder said something similar last summer iirc.

IMO we'll get 4/5 more players before the window closes.

2 full backs and a cd are a priority.

I agree - loads more to come before the window shuts... I'm not getting carried away, but this is different than any other season before - you couldn't see it right now, but  it's a feeling.

Guest optimistic nit

and he'd have been right. panicing will help no body.

Allardyce sounds far from chilled out, he's sounded very stressed and frustrated the last couple of weeks. He hasn't tried to put a brave face on and pretend everything's alright, he's admitted we're moving too slowly, we're getting left behind and that this is taking up all of his time. These are his words. These quotes are basically saying "I'm still trying", all we can do is hope he makes a breakthrough.

We're cutting it pretty fine to be honest, Emre looks doubtful for the first game and Dyer could be on his way out, so while defence is a major problem we now need to look at midfield too. There's a lot to do in limited time.

The similarities probably end there though.

You think?

I seem to remember everyone confident Roeder would get the players in he wanted last summer, it was only when the window closed and we never had any decent defenders in that the majority turned on him.

Time well tell with Allardyce but talking a good game means nothing to me..

Allardyce sounds far from chilled out, he's sounded very stressed and frustrated the last couple of weeks. He hasn't tried to put a brave face on and pretend everything's alright, he's admitted we're moving too slowly, we're getting left behind and that this is taking up all of his time. These are his words. These quotes are basically saying "I'm still trying", all we can do is hope he makes a breakthrough.

We're cutting it pretty fine to be honest, Emre looks doubtful for the first game and Dyer could be on his way out, so while defence is a major problem we now need to look at midfield too. There's a lot to do in limited time.

I don't disagree with any of that. It's just a response to those who are gagging for news, suggesting fuck all is happening.

The similarities probably end there though.

You think?

I seem to remember everyone confident Roeder would get the players in he wanted last summer, it was only when the window closed and we never had any decent defenders in that the majority turned on him.

Time well tell with Allardyce but talking a good game means nothing to me..

Aye, I do think that. I thought you were taking the piss tbh.

I don't disagree with any of that. It's just a response to those who are gagging for news, suggesting fuck all is happening.

Don't bring sense into it now Dave, Allardyce is CLEARLY doing nothing on here and isn't trying to bring any new faces in at all.

Guest Toon Barmy

There are 37 days till the closure of the transfer window, ample time to get 5 signings. 

Getting them in before the start of the season is a different matter. 

W e will just have to weather the storm until then.

Guest Sheriff John Bunnell (Ret

Trust in Sam!!

I got bored of your username being incomplete, hope you don't mind.

Thanks man, didnt realise it was left off when i was registering the a/c!!

Then didnt think I could change it lol

Trust in Sam!!

I got bored of your username being incomplete, hope you don't mind.

Thanks man, didnt realise it was left off when i was registering the a/c!!

Then didnt think I could change it lol

You can't. :razz:

Guest Sheriff John Bunnell (Ret

Yeah I'd be happy with a couple of signings before the season kicks off then another 2 or 3 before the window closes!! Not panicking yet though.....