Setanta Sports

kirkwdavis2001

Guest DavB93

I've ordered this too, do people have the same problem as me. My screen keeps on freezing then starting again, very annoying. All my other sky channels are perfect and only happens with Setanta Sports.

Both Spurs games I watched in the pub had stupid fucking black bars to the left and right during the action on both the 4:3 and 16:9 screens, although it was fine during the ad breaks and intro graphics.  Suppose that could be down to different south african TV standards though, if they were getting the feed from someone else.  it's a right mickey mouse outfit like, makes Five look like Sky Sports :lol:

Tim Sherwood is even worse than John Barnes, although at least they don't let him loose interviewing people and the like.

Guest DavB93

Whats your signal strength and quality at when watching setanta?  Stick in on Setanta sports 1,  and quickly go to services etc and have a look.

Haven't a clue as at work at the moment, what happens if its showing low strength and quality...Should it not just be the same as my normal sky which is perfect.

Games beamed back from abroad usually aren't as they are transmitted using the host TV station facilities.

Games in the UK usually are in widescreen though.

I haven't made my mind up yet whether to get Setanta or Skysports.

I cancelled Skysports at the end of last season to save a bit of cash in the summer and dunno now whether i can actually afford to switch it back on.

Setanta is cheaper at £9.99 per month, but i would be tied in to a 12 month contract whereas with Sky i would only be tied in for 30 days as an existing subscriber. As a ST holder i'm obviously not arsed which home games are on so it is really our away games and the other sports/games shown which will determine which i plump for (if any if i can get them on my pc for nowt).

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I only have a digibox but Sentanta comes up as a channel. Can I buy this game online or something?

So Setanta only allow you the 'no minimum-term contract' thing if you're on the regular Sky Sports package too, ujpest? That's fucking shite.

Do you mean i'm talking shite and have misread their subscription page of their website or they are shite for only allowing a minimum 12 month contract?

When they reduced the price to £9.99 per month (from £15) they also did away with the minimum-term contract (from 12 months). However, I thought you were saying this was only applicable to Sky Sports subscribers, and not everyone.

Are you saying that because you aren't on Sky Sports, Setanta will enforce a minimum-term contract on you, despite saying otherwise on their website?

Fuck me this is complicated. :lol:

You can buy Setanta Sports for one month, for £9.99. This will get you tonights game and any others until that month is up. You then NEED TO CANCEL or they will take the next month's £9.99.

I'm going to do a massive FAQ on this fucker. I hate Setanta.

I hope Setanta go bust. I already have a ST & pay for Sky Sports, there is no way that I'm giving Setanta £9.99 for the odd away game which I hopefully see for free on the internet (or go to the pub).

Guest Alan Shearer 9

you know what, fuck 'em, I can't be arsed with this shit I've been up for 24 hours and I aint got time to be fucking with sentanta. They have got some tempting programmes though classic champion's league :lol: going to try and find some dodgy way of getting it for free before the day's up.