Celtic fans - disgrace

Guest Knightrider

Gordon Strachan has revealed in an exclusive interview with ESPNsoccernet Press Pass that he would like to see Celtic play in the English Premier League.

The Hoops' boss, who won the double with the club last season, said that there was an 'imbalance' between the English and Scottish Leagues and that given the amount of money in the English game, Celtic could win the title if they were brought into the Premier League.

'The English clubs, they get between £33million and £50million each for getting into the Champions League. We get £1million in Scotland. So there's an imbalance there, which we can understand, because the English league is the most exciting in the world,' he said.

'The best leagues should get the best money and you have to deal with that,' he added.

Strachan cited the huge amounts of money spent on transfers as one of the reasons that Celtic had not progressed into the quarters finals of the competition, but did not see that as an obstacle for future success.

'People are buying players for £20million and £25million in England and Italy. Whereas in Scotland, our maximum is £4million,' he said.

'It's a young side we've got, but we think we can mould them together and take on the best sides in Europe.'

With the financial rewards of a place in England's top flight obvious, Strachan would see a move into the League as a positive step.

'With that kind of money, we could win the Premier League with the players we'd be able to bring in,' he said.

'With the support we've got, not only the 60,000 that turn up at every game, but the away support that we've got and the revenue we could create. We could be one of the teams that could win that. After a few years, obviously, but I think it's a long way off.

'And as long as it didn't affect the rest the league that you left behind. You'd have to make sure that you're stabilized and financially secured that that League could go on and flourish as well and I'm sure that might help them as well,' he added.

Not a chance in hell. 

and he'd be out of a job because he's just an average manager

Other than that, bugger off Gordon

:lol:

So true as well. 

Got the Celtic job based purely on the fact he was funny on Match of the Day 2 on a Sunday night.

There's literally no other reason for it.  Now has the opinion he is a great manager, because he's won a few pots in the most uncompetitive league in europe.

I would like to stress that - for the Scots on here - I take them as I find them. I worked up in Scotland in the 80's and only 2 people gave me a problem for being English, and I had a great time living there and made some good friends, but its the ones who come down here and haven't got a good word to say about England who get on my tits

I've known in my lifetime about 20-30 Scots, and i've found one who i can tolerate. I might have just been unlucky, but my opinion is formed, there all tarred with the same for me, i know i shouldn't but its hard not too. Actually just thinking make that 2, theres an old bloke i have a few pints with and he's hilariously serious, its comical. One hand a pint of the cheapest beer, the other a daily record.

Braveheart... :tickedoff:

It was as accurate as most yank attempts at history films -

Not even remotely.

I was 11 when that came out, probably about 12 before the tramps seen it.  Ruined my school days, telling you, fucking ruined them. :rant:

If only us English could vote for the SNP, it'd be a landslide. And they could take Golden Brown with them. Has anyone noticed the irritating way the sweaty breathes in?

And if the BNP became the ENP, would they be said to be "more racist"

Personally, i'm from the east of Scotland and most people here see the Infirm as an embarassment.  They don't represent Scotland imo.  Celtic especially - they have a major fuckin identity crisis.  It's a Scottish club that thinks it's an Irish club and wants to be an English club.

Haway, lay off the Xenophobia, Britain and Ireland were defined by the Romans, and most of what we now know as Newcastle was north of the wall.

You clearly have no soddin' idea of either history OR geography.

Britain and Ireland were here BEFORE the Romans came, and it wasn't "Britain" for quite a while after.

Northumbria went from the Humber to Edinburgh - (hence North-Humbria) thats possibly where your getting muxed ip.

The Romans NAMED Hibernia (which was inhabited by a certain tribe called "scots" - yes THOSE scots) they didn't bother too much with it. Not worth the effort, they thought. Same with Caledonia I suppose - another Roman name, based I think, on one of the tribes there - like Belgae and Helvetia, Franks, Germans et al in europe which all became names of their countries.

Picts were north of the border. Basically Celts or Kelts (who were not ring kissing wankers dressed in green and white by the way) and Wales is from an insulting Saxon term for the original english they displaced to Wales Cumbria and Cornwall (hence the similarity between "Cumbria" and Cymbran") which meant "lesser people" - the Wellese - Welsh in other words.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch,  Newcastle WAS at one time part of Scotland for a brief time, yes - thats why St Nicks cathedral has a Scottish type belltower or whatever they call it. And St Andrews church in Gallowgate was built while Newcastle was in the running for capital of Scotland !

Tynemouth Priory also had graves of Scottish kings (and a few Norwegian and Danish kings I gather - though what happened to them, I havent a clue)

So - Xenophobic my arse.

ahem.

We were called 'the Britons' when Jesus was kicking about. By the Romans. You will find you are mistaken

As for the wall, I live in Heaton, Wallsend is a couple of miles down the road, like towards the Tyne. No, it was not called Scotland at the time, neither was there a place called Newcastle.

Guest toonlass

Well I was born and bred in South East Northumberland(living briefly in North Shields) and so by all this banter I am definitely a Scot, I have never lived South of Hadrian's Wall.

Guest Douga

a few supporters enjoying themselves

credit to celtic

bringing5,500 to a friendly

not done often

15 arrests out of that amount is not many

Guest Knightrider

a few supporters enjoying themselves

credit to celtic

bringing5,500 to a friendly

not done often

15 arrests out of that amount is not many

You should ask Vic about these things.

Got a high opinion of themselves like. Fucking staggering lot, I can't tell you how much I dislike Celtic fans (I say that whilst my father is a season ticket holder at Parkhead, and have attended many games, both side of the old firm). Not got much time for Rangers, but their shit tends to be a lot less offensive towards the English/British.

The best fans in the world claim should be banned forever. Such a bullshit claim whenever ANYONE claims it, especially top tier football teams.

Got a high opinion of themselves like.  f****** staggering lot, I can't tell you how much I dislike Celtic fans.  Not got much time for Rangers, but their s*** tends to be a lot less offensive towards the English/British.

The best fans in the world claim should be banned forever.  Such a bullshit claim whenever ANYONE claims it, especially top tier football teams.

Especially when used in the context they did, like it was the rest of the world that gave them that moniker.  I don't like that attitude one bit either, mate. 

It was all our fault according to one of their forums.

http://www.talkceltic.net/forum/celtic-chat/25968-newcastle-fight.html

I reckon they want to ease back a bit on the Buckfast and smack.

One of their posters was asked before the game what he thought of Newcastle and had this to say:

"Newcastle are a big club who will now do well because they have a good manager . They dont seem to get much luck with injuries

I fear for Celtic this season due to a lack of pace at the back . However there is time left for 2 or 3 players to sign

HOWAY THE LADS ! As you guys say"

After the game, same poster:

"Dont like the Geordies theyre arrogant big heads who think they should win cups when theyre underachieving losers."

:) It's amazing how a 4-1 hiding can change you into a 2 faced wanker innit?

That "best fans in the world" thing gets my goat aswell.  It's easy to be the best fans in the world when you win every week.  Where were the 60,000 best fans in the world when the club was on the brink of closure in the early '90s?  Fcukin concieted glory-hunting erseholes.