Ashley wants Keegan back as Director Of Football

Sparks
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest BooBoo

I think KKs finished with football. I read a interview with him recently saying he hadnt watched a Premier League game for two years and got a bigger buzz from training kids at his soccer circus.

You should never go back.

That applies to all walks of life.

Love the bloke to bits but no thanks.

cough* beardsley*cough.

would have been a good idea when roeder was manager,not sure what allardyce would make of it if true. It would be nice to have him at the club on some capacity and if it was just selling the club to players,investors,advertisers etc i can't think of anyone better.

Keegan being spineless wouldn't come into it as the pressure would still be on the manager, I don't think Allardyce would have anything to worry about either as I doubt Keegan would be a threat, he's done it and moved on.

I wouldn't like to see Keegan ever return as manager but I think he could do a job bringing players in.  I doubt anybody could sell the club to prospective signings better than Keegan, he didn't have a bad record here.

He's also be good with the press if the manager was ever in trouble because of results, I can't see why people wouldn't want him here.

cough* beardsley*cough.

would have been a good idea when roeder was manager,not sure what allardyce would make of it if true. It would be nice to have him at the club on some capacity and if it was just selling the club to players,investors,advertisers etc i can't think of anyone better.

The exception that proves the rule... ;)

cough* beardsley*cough.

erm..........mark mcghee ?

If Ashley appoints Keegan as a DoF (without Allardyce himself having requested it) then Sam just might tell Ashley where to shove his strategic review and resign.  It undermines his authority as a manager and would represent a deliberate attempt to question his style of play.  It would be a complete disaster. 

I would imagine that when Sam signed, he had agreements with the previous regime as to what he would require.  I'm going to guess they did not involve a strategic review during the transfer window or a popular predecessor with a reputation for attacking football being brought in as a babysitter.

If this did happen, i'd like to think Allardyce was fully in agreement with it first.

Agreed, and just for Kasper, i’d should have a capital "I" for it to be grammatically correct.  >:D

cough* beardsley*cough.

erm..........mark mcghee ?

You can hardly compare McGhee in '79 to Keegan in '82 though surely?? :lol:

What the hell would he do? As I've said elsewhere, Allardyce strikes me as a more capable DOF candidate than most as his primary concerns seem to be fitness, players' lifestyle, facilities, staff, etc.