That song that the players run out to...

NSG
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Milburnthedog

If we're not going to play 'Going Home' before the match, how about simply allowing the crowd to provide the noise like we used to. Singing the names of the players, regular songs and lifting the atmosphere towards kick off was one of the highlights of going to a match.

One of the best, most recent atmospheres was at the SOS when they cut the music and onle announced, "10 minutes to kick off".."Five minutes to kick off" and then 'tried' to announce the teams to deafening whistles and chanting.

If we're not going to play 'Going Home' before the match, how about simply allowing the crowd to provide the noise like we used to. Singing the names of the players, regular songs and lifting the atmosphere towards kick off was one of the highlights of going to a match.

One of the best, most recent atmospheres was at the SOS when they cut the music and onle announced, "10 minutes to kick off".."Five minutes to kick off" and then 'tried' to announce the teams to deafening whistles and chanting.

I agree, let the fans build the game up. When the music is on people just stand around looking gormless and bored.

If we have to have music though I'd like us to keep Local Hero.

So what ya say DJ dude? Let the atmosphere build or play 'Going Home'??

Do you not think that we have been listening to "Going Home" as the players come out, for so long now that (whether you actually 'like' it or not as a piece of music) it is a totally established part of our home match-day scene?

Guest BooBoo

Do you not think that we have been listening to "Going Home" as the players come out, for so long now that (whether you actually 'like' it or not as a piece of music) it is a totally established part of our home match-day scene?

Yes but so is queing for the bog in the Gallowgate end and i dont like that either.

Yes but so is queing for the bog in the Gallowgate end and i dont like that either.

:parky:

Guest pa guy

all good points, although the decision isn't mine to make i'm afraid. If the club say local hero then it's local hero. If the club say the kids are united then thats what it will be. If the club decide no music then thats what will happen.. to be quite honest i don't know as i'm away til the west ham game. I'm not going to give my personal opinion on here anymore as 1. what ever it is I'll get abuse and 2. my opinion is no more or less important than any other fan on this one.

anyway i hope we stuff Bolton!!

Tom.

Guest unrealterrorist

all good points, although the decision isn't mine to make i'm afraid. If the club say local hero then it's local hero. If the club say the kids are united then thats what it will be. If the club decide no music then thats what will happen.. to be quite honest i don't know as i'm away til the west ham game. I'm not going to give my personal opinion on here anymore as 1. what ever it is I'll get abuse and 2. my opinion is no more or less important than any other fan on this one.

anyway i hope we stuff Bolton!!

Tom.

We did anyway what is the name of the powerful barlard type song the players come out to before local hero ?

Guest pa guy

well last seasons montage was as follows:

teams in tunnel: Acdc thunderstruck.

teams walk out: Carl Orf Carmina Burana.

teams shake hands: Fa fair play music (this has changed this year)

teams break: Mark Knopfler going home (theme from the local hero)

as for this season I don't know yet!!

Guest Milburnthedog

Who's making the decisions on this stuff then. Perhaps we can help influence them with a few e-mails or summock??

ps are you getting any flying done over there? Its hitty missy here at the Northumbria School due to the bliddy weather.

On Radio Newcastle yesterday, one of the commentators said that the music we come out to HAS been changed, though while they said that Going Home was no longer going to be played, they did not say what was going to replace it.

So, we will no doubt find out on Saturday.

Shame, I liked Dire Straits and Going Home!! But there-ya-go.

Guest Walking in a waddle wonde

I've no real opinion on what the new song should be, but I must just say can you throw out the crowd cheering cd pa guy?

I felt really embarrassed when it started blearing out of the speakers against Sampdoria

On Radio Newcastle yesterday, one of the commentators said that the music we come out to HAS been changed, though while they said that Going Home was no longer going to be played, they did not say what was going to replace it.

So, we will no doubt find out on Saturday.

Shame, I liked Dire Straits and Going Home!! But there-ya-go.

I love it. It's a shame if it's gone.

Thought that set was quality.

Guest pa guy

I've no real opinion on what the new song should be, but I must just say can you throw out the crowd cheering cd pa guy?

I felt really embarrassed when it started blearing out of the speakers against Sampdoria

not me at the moment.. I'm in greece!

back for the West Ham game.

Milburnthedog.. no I'm not getting any flying done and the weather is perfect for VFR.. there is one aeroclub here in corfu and it's one cessna 172 is broken!! very frustrating and very greek!! off to oxford in november for my ATPL's, four hour trip to st james' park from oxford...thats dedication for you!!!!

Guest toonlass

Could you imagine Liverpool not playing "You'll never walk alone" or West Ham not playing "I'm forever blowing bubbles" or Sheffield United not playing "You fill up my senses". "Going Home" is now part of our club, like it or not, and was played at my brother's funeral(he was a massive newcastle fan). It made me feel so sad in the friendly games to hear it was dropped. It just wasn't the same, and I was near tears when it wasn't played. They need to bring it back. What will be next, the PA guy playing Pig-bag when we score? 7 year old Cheerleaders? Fireworks coming out of Shay's goalposts? I damnwell hope not!

Could you imagine Liverpool not playing "You'll never walk alone" or West Ham not playing "I'm forever blowing bubbles" or Sheffield United not playing "You fill up my senses". "Going Home" is now part of our club, like it or not, and was played at my brother's funeral(he was a massive newcastle fan). It made me feel so sad in the friendly games to hear it was dropped. It just wasn't the same, and I was near tears when it wasn't played. They need to bring it back. What will be next, the PA guy playing Pig-bag when we score? 7 year old Cheerleaders? Fireworks coming out of Shay's goalposts? I damnwell hope not!

Get some bloody big pyros going off from the goal posts when we come out, possibly to 'Kane's' music from WWE.

Will scare a few old codgers into their grave!

(Still keep Local Hero though, got to as it leads me into my story about Knopfler writing romeo and Julliet for my old Drama teacher!)

Get some bloody big pyros going off from the goal posts when we come out, possibly to 'Kane's' music from WWE.

DONT MENTION WWE TUNE'S AS THIS KID WILL PLAY THEM!!!! Last season at half time we came out to Kurt Angles tune a few times, all that was missing was a baying mob shouting "YOU SUCK".

If we have to have a half time WWE tune can it Ric Flair & that WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO tune