That song that the players run out to...

NSG
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest DazzaNufc1892

Could you imagine Liverpool not playing "You'll never walk alone" or West Ham not playing "I'm forever blowing bubbles" or Sheffield United not playing "You fill up my senses". "Going Home" is now part of our club, like it or not, and was played at my brother's funeral(he was a massive newcastle fan). It made me feel so sad in the friendly games to hear it was dropped. It just wasn't the same, and I was near tears when it wasn't played. They need to bring it back. What will be next, the PA guy playing Pig-bag when we score? 7 year old Cheerleaders? Fireworks coming out of Shay's goalposts? I damnwell hope not!

Get some bloody big pyros going off from the goal posts when we come out, possibly to 'Kane's' music from WWE.

Will scare a few old codgers into their grave!

(Still keep Local Hero though, got to as it leads me into my story about Knopfler writing romeo and Julliet for my old Drama teacher!)

i love the thought of that, would be fukin awesome. Although i wudnt mint a darth vader theme, the players slowly march out. Oba at the front, eyeballing people

Guest toonlass

Could you imagine Liverpool not playing "You'll never walk alone" or West Ham not playing "I'm forever blowing bubbles" or Sheffield United not playing "You fill up my senses". "Going Home" is now part of our club, like it or not, and was played at my brother's funeral(he was a massive newcastle fan). It made me feel so sad in the friendly games to hear it was dropped. It just wasn't the same, and I was near tears when it wasn't played. They need to bring it back. What will be next, the PA guy playing Pig-bag when we score? 7 year old Cheerleaders? Fireworks coming out of Shay's goalposts? I damnwell hope not!

Get some bloody big pyros going off from the goal posts when we come out, possibly to 'Kane's' music from WWE.

Will scare a few old codgers into their grave!

(Still keep Local Hero though, got to as it leads me into my story about Knopfler writing romeo and Julliet for my old Drama teacher!)

i love the thought of that, would be fukin awesome. Although i wudnt mint a darth vader theme, the players slowly march out. Oba at the front, eyeballing people

My younger brother used to have that music as his ringtone, and as he was walking into the paper shop one day his phone rang very loudly. Everyone in the shop turned and looked, and my brother was creased up laughing. Did they really think that Darth Vader and a bunch of stormtroopers would come into a paper shop in blyth?

Guest Milburnthedog

Fingers crossed for a decent build up for tomorrow, it can really get the place bouncing if its done right.

Guest unrealterrorist

well last seasons montage was as follows:

teams in tunnel: Acdc thunderstruck.

teams walk out: Carl Orf Carmina Burana.

teams shake hands: Fa fair play music (this has changed this year)

teams break: Mark Knopfler going home (theme from the local hero)

as for this season I don't know yet!!

Thats the one Carl Orf Carmina Burana. Must keep Carl Orf Carmina Burana really gets the blood pumping plus its me ringtone.

I couldn't hear anything on Saturday where I was sitting, something has changed since last season most definitely. Couldn't hear a word the stand-in bloke was saying and the music was barely audible as well, couldn't even say what was played before/after the players came out of the tunnel, bar Carl Orf.

Someone's been fiddling with PA Guy's volume settings.

I couldn't hear anything on Saturday where I was sitting, something has changed since last season most definitely. Couldn't hear a word the stand-in bloke was saying and the music was barely audible as well, couldn't even say what was played before/after the players came out of the tunnel, bar Carl Orf.

Someone's been fiddling with PA Guy's volume settings.

Yeah couldn't understand a word the PA guy said, sounded all muffled. And when the crowd was raising the roof before the start of the match and before the players had come out he should have just turned the music off.

Guest The Bort

i the sound in the corner wasnt great either. you could hardley here it and when you did get a sniffter of sound it was muffled. sort it out PA techies  O0

• 3 months later...

Not only did the PA Guy drop a blooper announcing a Man of the Match, he also deserves six of the best for playing the really quite dreadful acoustic dirge that is "Hey there Bloody Delilah" just before the players emerged for the second half. Hardly inspiring stuff.

Never again please.

the sponsors pay good money to have their choice of man of the match read out... whether you or i agree with it is irrelevent, they pay the money, they get to choose and it's the same everywhere up and down the country. As for hey there delilah, that was just any old crap to play in the background whilst i was reading out the usual six thousand birthdays (which should be edited down to about twenty or so but isn't)... the teams actually ran out to blayden races for the second half a they did to the first...(although i actually get to play all of it in the second half run out as there isn't any "fa handshake music".

I also hope you've noticed that blitzkreig bop and thunderstruck have both been brought back!

you have Steve (the other pa guy) for the arsenal game as i can't do midweek games anymore as i'm living in oxford now doing my pilot groundschool.

Tom.

the sponsors pay good money to have their choice of man of the match read out... whether you or i agree with it is irrelevent, they pay the money, they get to choose and it's the same everywhere up and down the country. As for hey there delilah, that was just any old crap to play in the background whilst i was reading out the usual six thousand birthdays (which should be edited down to about twenty or so but isn't)... the teams actually ran out to blayden races for the second half a they did to the first...(although i actually get to play all of it in the second half run out as there isn't any "fa handshake music".

I also hope you've noticed that blitzkreig bop and thunderstruck have both been brought back!

you have Steve (the other pa guy) for the arsenal game as i can't do midweek games anymore as i'm living in oxford now doing my pilot groundschool.

Tom.

Tom, take the law into your own hands and play Local Hero at the beginning. And then if they ask who did it, blame it on Terry Mac.

:lol:

Good ol' Terry Mac.

hindu times ha ha!! good idea!

Pav.. I actually quite like the new half time arrangement, especially as i just sit in the box and let Justin Lockwood go out in the cold!! this one was really good as some bloke actually hit the crossbar. Thinking back to the last few seasons w haven't done anything at all at half time except wheel out the same "half time hero's" on a loop match after match, at least now we're giving a bit of a go in terms of entertainment and of course you don't have to sit there and watch it, there's always the concourse.

I know.. i've logged it so many times now... they will be coming out AGAIN.. this week as we had to swith off the north west corner completely at the liverpool game as it kept going from off to TOO LOUD.. for no reason. We'll see how Steve gets on with it at arsenal and then if required i'll hit it with a hammer a week on saturday!

i can assure you that it does get looked at by the sound company who fitted it but all i can to is hope that it works when i get there on matchday.

Dave... it would be free as i enjoy this forum a lot.. although i think the club only want nufc.co.uk mentioned!!!

Kev: kids are united was binned two games ago.. it's been replaced by blaydon races... (new version by the longsands)

hindu times: can you remind me of which cd hat wa again and i'll hunt around for it.