Faye signs three year deal

STM

Guest jamesmartinsmith

Faye's a centre-back. Old too, do we really need him?

29 is old these days? f****** hell.

He's got 3 years as a Premiership class defender left in him, if that.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

Jesus christ james, get a grip.

Ramage, Rozehnal, Taylor, Cacapa, Edgar and Huntington.

29 is old these days? f****** hell.

He's got 3 years as a Premiership class defender left in him, if that.

How old is Maldini? TBH.

Got 5 years in him easily, so say roughly 200 Prem games and say another 50 for Europe/Cups

Nah, no point signing someone for 250 games, is there?

Guest jamesmartinsmith

I'd like to think you're not suggesting Ramage as being worth a place on the pitch.

I'd be happy for us to sell Ramage, but we don't know if he has reached his full potential.

My point is, why are we ready to spend £2 million on a centre-back who's 30 in 6 months, when we have Carr as our only right-back and no fit left-backs?!

I'd like to think you're not suggesting Ramage as being worth a place on the pitch.

I'd be happy for us to sell Ramage, but we don't know if he has reached his full potential.

My point is, why are we ready to spend £2 million on a centre-back who's 30 in 6 months, when we have Carr as our only right-back and no fit left-backs?!

:lol:

The right back situation is being looked at separately to this btw. And you want us to buy another left back because £6m Enrique's not been used yet? Make your mind up. :idiot2:

Guest jamesmartinsmith

The right back situation is being looked at separately to this btw. And you want us to buy another left back because £6m Enrique's not been used yet? Make your mind up. :idiot2:

I'm aware of Belletti, but he is 31 and prefers to play as a wing-back. His defending is suspect. Babayaro is not good enough for us and Enrique isn't fit.

I'm aware of Belletti, but he is 31 and prefers to play as a wing-back. His defending is suspect. Babayaro is not good enough for us and Enrique isn't fit.

Hang on. We've just spent £6m on a left back, but you want us to spend this £2m for Faye on another? Are you worried about us spending money or not?

Fact is, Faye is available for not a lot of money. He's strong, got plenty of Premier League experience now, Sam knows his game inside out, and he will replace Ramage, who is woeful.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

So why are loads of people saying 4.2? f****** dickheads.

Maybe the extra £2.1 million is based on appearances etc.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

Hang on. We've just spent £6m on a left back, but you want us to spend this £2m for Faye on another? Are you worried about us spending money or not?

Fact is, Faye is available for not a lot of money. He's strong, got plenty of Premier League experience now, Sam knows his game inside out, and he will replace Ramage, who is woeful.

Excellent. So we'll have 7 centre-backs and 1 right-back.

Jesus wept. Who has suggested we ignore the right-back situation? I haven't, and I'm sure Sam isn't thinking that way either.

7 centre-backs? You're mental if you think Edgar and Huntington are ready yet, or Ramage is good enough. Ever heard of injuries btw?

Guest jamesmartinsmith

I don't think Faye will be a useful signing and I've said why. We'll just have to wait and see now.

Guest Chief Bluntasnot

I don't think Faye will be a useful signing and I've said why. We'll just have to wait and see now.

Who would you rather we spend the £2m on then, just out of interest?

Dani Alves.