Faye signs three year deal

STM

The latest is that Faye should be signed this week and will be the last of our summer signings according to Alan Oliver, which would mean that Smith is not only Dyers replacement but he was signed at the expense of a right back. Oh happy days...

The latest is that Faye should be signed this week and will be the last of our summer signings according to Alan Oliver, which would mean that Smith is not only Dyers replacement but he was signed at the expense of a right back. Oh happy days...

Wide of the mark.

Guest LondonMag

If Oba is going to Manure for 13 million so the blame is on NEWCASTLE UNITED!

they had all the summer to try and offer a new contract and they didnt do it.just sitting and praying that no one will activate the clause.

so if he goes there its the first mistake of the managmant

Tbf to the bloke he hasn't been wide of the mark lately, in fact he's been pretty spot on with everything he's said.

Like the Dyer deal not being resurrected? ;)

I think he gets the odd snippet from players who he's in with, but I don't think he has much idea of who the club are after anymore. He clearly isn't being fed stories from the club like he was.

Guest Sniffer

Who knows? Perhaps they did and martins only wants to talk about one now because nobody came in for him. I wonder if AF watched him against villa....no service but he wasn't very impressive.

If Oba is going to Manure for 13 million so the blame is on NEWCASTLE UNITED!

they had all the summer to try and offer a new contract and they didnt do it.just sitting and praying that no one will activate the clause.

so if he goes there its the first mistake of the managmant

Erm, maybe they just think that £13m is a decent price for an inconsistent player who was not bought by the current regime/manager?

Which is even more reason why we shouldn't just give in and pay silly money.

£3m or even £4m wouldn't be silly money for Faye, given the prices gone for various other nationwide signings over the summer. If we're complaining about a £2m asking price then it's a bit odd.

£3m or even £4m wouldn't be silly money for Faye, given the prices gone for various other nationwide signings over the summer. If we're complaining about a £2m asking price then it's a bit odd.

£4m for a bench player, when we haven't even got a rb, thats not worth it yet.

Disagree mate, 4m is too much for Faye. Obviously i think haggling over a little difference is ridiculas but if we value him at 2 and them at 4 i say we stick to our guns.

I wouldn't pay more than we did for Rozehnal put it that way.

Disagree mate, 4m is too much for Faye. Obviously i think haggling over a little difference is ridiculas but if we value him at 2 and them at 4 i say we stick to our guns.

Well no... you said initially that we shouldn't cave in and pay silly money. They value him at £2m (not four), which isn't silly money.

All i was doing with the £4m thing, was just trying to prove that the £2m price-tag is a very pleasing one...

Well no... you said initially that we shouldn't cave in and pay silly money. They value him at £2m (not four), which isn't silly money.

All i was doing with the £4m thing, was just trying to prove that the £2m price-tag is a very pleasing one...

I didn't realise they valued him at 2m, i just assumed that is papers guesssing. Which TBF is more likely. For 2m i would sign him but i still believe in getting the best price possible for what is effectively a squad player in my eyes.