Faye signs three year deal

STM

Guest johnson293

From the Steven Taylor article in todays Chronic...

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/chroniclesport/tm_headline=taylor-my-debt-to-becks%26method=full%26objectid=19671489%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

Sam Allardyce will watch the game on TV as he has stayed on Tyneside to finally tie up the £2m transfer of Abdoulaye Faye from Bolton.

And while he is still trying to find a keeper to put pressure on Shay Given and Steve Harper, Faye will probably be United’s last buy in the current transfer window.

I'd have him as first choice centre-back tbh. I'd like a right-back but Allardyce can't find one. Doesn't mean to say we need to stop signing other players.

Allardyce can't find one? You're making that up now.

Think he meant: find one with prem experience who is available and good enough for the team.

From the Steven Taylor article in todays Chronic...

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/chroniclesport/tm_headline=taylor-my-debt-to-becks%26method=full%26objectid=19671489%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

Sam Allardyce will watch the game on TV as he has stayed on Tyneside to finally tie up the £2m transfer of Abdoulaye Faye from Bolton.

And while he is still trying to find a keeper to put pressure on Shay Given and Steve Harper, Faye will probably be United’s last buy in the current transfer window.

I guess that means the deco dream is over (however naive the dream was).. there's surely not enough time to line up a right back, a spare goalie and nab a player of deco's demands.

Think he meant: find one with prem experience who is available and good enough for the team.

Firstly - Deco: <snigger>

Secondly - no-one good enough for the team??? HE'S  BEEN PLAYING CARR!!! Fucking Carr!!! If he can't find anyone better than THAT, he's a worse manager than i thought. And fuck Premiership experience, a new player has only got to replace FUCKING CARR!!

Secondly - no-one good enough for the team??? HE'S  BEEN PLAYING CARR!!! Fucking Carr!!! If he can't find anyone better than THAT, he's a worse manager than i thought. And fuck Premiership experience, a new player has only got to replace FUCKING CARR!!

Agreed.

The worrying thing is Allardyce seems to rate Carr in my opinion which isn't good news for us.

Guest Andrew Flintoff

What's the point in blowing money on a player just because he's better than Carr? It's not much of a yardstick. Unless he's significantly better than Carr, I'd rather we didn't bother.

Secondly - no-one good enough for the team??? HE'S  BEEN PLAYING CARR!!! f****** Carr!!! If he can't find anyone better than THAT, he's a worse manager than i thought. And f*** Premiership experience, a new player has only got to replace f****** CARR!!

Agreed.

The worrying thing is Allardyce seems to rate Carr in my opinion which isn't good news for us.

hasn't done anything blatantly wrong so far... but you just know he'll do something stupid.  (carr, just so it's clear)

What's the point in blowing money on a player just because he's better than Carr? It's not much of a yardstick. Unless he's significantly better than Carr, I'd rather we didn't bother.

we NEED a competent right back. We do not have one at the moment. Therefore we HAVE to buy one. We cannot keep playing Carr, it's as simple as that.

Secondly - no-one good enough for the team??? HE'S  BEEN PLAYING CARR!!! f****** Carr!!! If he can't find anyone better than THAT, he's a worse manager than i thought. And f*** Premiership experience, a new player has only got to replace f****** CARR!!

Agreed.

hasn't done anything blatantly wrong so far... but you just know he'll do something stupid.  (carr, just so it's clear)

he was shite against Villa, and THEY were pretty poor. As he did whenever he's played for us in the past, he'll get raped off decent teams.

Agreed.

he was s**** against Villa, and THEY were pretty poor. As he did whenever he's played for us in the past, he'll get raped off decent teams.

Tbf he just didn't have the pace.. Anyway listen i'm not saying he's a good player, he's not, just saying his form has been good.. i would love to have carr sidelined as much as anyone;  i've just said though that there arn't any PL right-backs available, that's  why he's looking abroad. No team is going to sell us their good right-backs (ideally we should be getting first team regulars) with so little time left to find a replacement.

Agreed.

he was s**** against Villa, and THEY were pretty poor. As he did whenever he's played for us in the past, he'll get raped off decent teams.

Tbf he just didn't have the pace.. Anyway listen i'm not saying he's a good player, he's not, just saying his form has been good.. i would love to have carr sidelined as much as anyone;  i've just said though that there arn't any PL right-backs available, that's  why he's looking abroad. No team is going to sell us their good right-backs (ideally we should be getting first team regulars) with so little time left to find a replacement.

his form has not been good - i draw your attention to the Villa game, m'lud.