Faye signs three year deal

STM

Fucking hell some of the moaning on here :lol:

Allardyce has spent near on £20m on 3 players (Enrique, Smith and Barton) and people are still banging on about how he only signs bargain basement players.

We have struggled in defence for years so Sam goes out, gets a couple of foreign players with experience at international level aswell as champions league/Uefa cup. One a captain of a league winning side for the past 5 years and he then looks at an experienced premiership player for a very good price who can play in two positions we have in the past struggled in and what happens? Thats right people are STILL moaning!

Sniffer go on a Bolton forum and tell the fans who see him every week that Faye is average and see what reaction you get. Although tbf your checklist for "must be an average player" ticks all the boxes so even then I still don't think you would get it...

Comes from Bolton - Check

Doesn't cost in excess of £7m - Check

Surname is Faye - Check

Is a big strong player (for some reason this is a negative thing) - Check

Must be average.

f****** hell some of the moaning on here :lol:

Allardyce has spent near on £20m on 3 players (Enrique, Smith and Barton) and people are still banging on about how he only signs bargain basement players.

We have struggled in defence for years so Sam goes out, gets a couple of foreign players with experience at international level aswell as champions league/Uefa cup. One a captain of a league winning side for the past 5 years and he then looks at an experienced premiership player for a very good price who can play in two positions we have in the past struggled in and what happens? Thats right people are STILL moaning!

Sniffer go on a Bolton forum and tell the fans who see him every week that Faye is average and see what reaction you get. Although tbf your checklist for "must be an average player" ticks all the boxes so even then I still don't think you would get it...

Surname is Faye - Check

Must be average.

great point...agree with ya 100 percent

Surname is Faye - Check

Must be average.

And the Bolton fans are gutted at loosing him too. A good sign.

Gary Speed is 38! Fuck me.

If we do sign Faye, we'll be well stocked in central midfield. Does anyone think that Geremi would then become our regular right back, at least until January? Bearing in mind he's captain, but then so is G.Neville who plays there.

I think that'd be the sensible thing to do, assuming Faye is our last signing. At the moment I think Geremi is the best right back on our books.

Surname is Faye - Check

Must be average.

Gary Speed is 38! Fuck me.

I think Gary Speed will play forever. Hasn't really slowed down much, still works as hard as anyone on the pitch. Unbelievable.

Surname is Faye - Check

Must be average.

Gary Speed is 38! f*** me.

I think Gary Speed will play forever. Hasn't really slowed down much, still works as hard as anyone on the pitch. Unbelievable.

Speed's game was (ironically enough) never about speed.. that's why he continues to play well into his 30's- unlike plaers who rely on their pace who usually retire when their legs give out.

The people moaning about Faye (for £2m ffs, which is f*** all relatively speaking) will be quick enough to moan if Cacapa and Taylor get knocks and Peter Ramage turns up at CB in a big game.

Which one will you prefer?

1. Faye as back up to Cacapa, who is a back up to Taylor in central defense. Or

2. Carr starts regularly, with Ramage as back up?

The people moaning about Faye (for £2m ffs, which is f*** all relatively speaking) will be quick enough to moan if Cacapa and Taylor get knocks and Peter Ramage turns up at CB in a big game.

Which one will you prefer?

1. Faye as back up to Cacapa, who is a back up to Taylor in central defense. Or

2. Carr starts regularly, with Ramage as back up?

Why is the choice one or the other?

Guest Knightrider

Faye, average? :lol:

He's a very good player and most certainly good enough to play for us. Who do people think we are here? We err, finished 13th last season remember. Faye starred for a regular top 6 side and by all accounts is highly rated at the Reebok and having watched him myself a few times, I like what I saw a lot. He's not a world beater but he'd be the type of player we used to ask "why couldn't Souness/Roeder buy him instead of insert expensive flop here" type signing.

What is your proposal then?

What proposal? I'm not sure what Carr and the RB slot has to do with Faye.

You don't like the options I gave, so I would like to hear your own option.

2M for Faye could have been spent on getting a RB.

Guest Knightrider

If only the transfer market was that easy, you buy when and where you can if the player is good enough or the manager fancies, when they are available, regardless of what position they play in. Also, just because you or I don't rate our right-back players, that doesn't mean the manager also shares the same view. I'm confident though that we'll strengthen that department before the window shuts.

I hadn't realised money was an issue. £2m for one of Bolton's best players who can play in defence and in midfield is a great deal.

If only the transfer market was that easy, you buy when and where you can if the player is good enough or the manager fancies, when they are available, regardless of what position they play in. Also, just because you or I don't rate our right-back players, that doesn't mean the manager also shares the same view. I'm confident though that we'll strengthen that department before the window shuts.

Well, I understand that Sam Allardyce doesn't always agree with my thinking, hence me expressing my own opinion, without attacking Sam personally.

name a good enough right-back  for 2 mil

Not necessarily just 2M for a right back, but the 2M could be used to acquire a right back. Say, we offer Dani Alves 28M and Sevilla wanted 30M. The 2M could have been used to top up the difference,

By the way, Luke Young cost 2.5M.

Not necessarily just 2M for a right back, but the 2M could be used to acquire a right back. Say, we offer Dani Alves 28M and Sevilla wanted 30M. The 2M could have been used to top up the difference,

:lol:

I am sure if we were offering £28m for a right back we would go the extra £2m and not turn around and go "well we could have but we spent it on Faye" :lol:

I am sure if we were offering £28m for a right back we would go the extra £2m and not turn around and go "well we could have but we spent it on Faye" :lol: