"Just give it to Shearer!"

OzzieMandias

Free kick was definitely 3-2 and Lee's assist was the winner. I've got a vision of Shearer putting it across Keller and into the far corner off the post for the other one, which could be bollocks though.

EDIT: http://www.nufc.com/old-match-reports/96-97/leicesth.htm

On 83 minutes, Shearer picked up the ball on the edge of the box, he twisted and turned a little but couldn't find a way past the Leicester defence and so he struck a shot through the legs of a defender and past the outstretched arms of Keller, into the bottom left hand corner of the goal.

Definitely the one I was thinking of.

Stumbled on this while I was looking for something else. An account by Stephen Spence of his only few minutes playing for the Toon first team, when he supplied the cross that allowed Shearer to complete the magnificent hat-trick which the February 1997 Leicester game in extra time.

Good read Pile of s****:

http://soccerramblings.blogspot.com/

On edit:  Oh well, it managed to fool me for as long as it took to post it here. :blush:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :giggle:

:lol:

While you're working so hard to try and wind me up, HTL – going for the man rather than the ball – why not entertain us all with one of your hypocritical little homilies about the immaturity of name-calling and the importance of debate.

tbh Ozzie, your little comment about this bloke Stephen Spence has entertained a few more people that have let on, I would bet.

Congratulations on proving what a lot of us suspected for ages.  mackems.gif

On 83 minutes, Shearer picked up the ball on the edge of the box, he twisted and turned a little but couldn't find a way past the Leicester defence and so he struck a shot through the legs of a defender and past the outstretched arms of Keller, into the bottom left hand corner of the goal.

Definitely the one I was thinking of.

class goal that was.

While you're working so hard to try and wind me up, HTL – going for the man rather than the ball – why not entertain us all with one of your hypocritical little homilies about the immaturity of name-calling and the importance of debate.

Why would I try to wind you up? You're funny enough as it is without you getting a rag on, you may go back to your famous nob obsession and nobody would want to read that kind of stuff again.

I hadn't previously looked at this thread because it was from you, but then I switched "view signatures" back on to make sure my updated signature was ok and I saw NE5's. I  thought I'd take a look to see what he was on about and I couldn't believe it. Even from you, this is stunning stuff. I half admire you for sticking around despite making yourself look an idiot of a level this forum has never seen before by believing that shite story and starting a thread about it.

Priceless.

I saw NE5's. I  thought I'd take a look to see what he was on about

:smitten:

Ahh, brings back memories.

I think I've just got it wrong about OM looking like the biggest idiot the forum has ever seen. Apologises to OM, he takes second place.

I forgot about the half a dozen pages of a thread where you ranted at about a dozen different people, accusing them all of being me because they didn't agree with whatever nonsense you'd just posted. Now that one was the best, I'm sure those who remember the thread will agree. What a shame it's disappeared.

That one was gold.

I think I've just got it wrong about OM looking like the biggest idiot the forum has ever seen. Apologises to OM, he takes second place.

I forgot about the half a dozen pages of a thread where you ranted at about a dozen different people, accusing them all of being me because they didn't agree with whatever nonsense you'd just posted. Now that one was the best, I'm sure those who remember the thread will agree. What a shame it's disappeared.

That one was gold.

So you're responding to me now?  :giggle:

That one was gold.

So you're responding to me now?  :giggle:

No

Stephen Pence..................... wtf.

I didn't read the autobiograpical account of the said author's assist. Admittedly my memory is flawed - ie. i'm often pretty vague when it comes to some specific assists and the associated player names -  but i don't recall any player going by that name during the Keegan Years.

Ozzie, didn't you once recall the drought period, for which we've been on the receiving end, experienced at Anfield? Having said that it might be time for you to buy another "History of Newcastle United" book, however it might be wise to purchase one with team sheets etc this time round.

It's just a small detail and this goes back to my second point, but it's ironic that our last win over there coincided with Liverpool's managerial reign pertaining to that of a particular incompetant  s***head, the same s***head you unconditionally backed while he was tearing our club to pieces little more than a decade later.

I realise it's open season on Ozzie, but I don't remember ever "unconditionally backing" anyone, Shaman, let alone Souness. And while I am well used to moronic strawman "arguments" from NE5, a man clearly incapable of arguing with anything anyone has actually said, it's the first time I've seen this from you.

Worried that your self-aggrandising username and tendency to use five words where one would do don't make you look silly enough?

I realise it's open season on Ozzie, but I don't remember ever "unconditionally backing" anyone, Shaman, let alone Souness. And while I am well used to moronic strawman "arguments" from NE5, a man clearly incapable of arguing with anything anyone has actually said, it's the first time I've seen this from you.

Worried that your self-aggrandising username and tendency to use five words where one would do don't make you look silly enough?

not an argument, you said it yourself.

Stephen Spence.

I also recall a thread where you were telling us about your idol, Arsprilla, and how he didn't play for a lot of games up front because Rob Lee did.

I pointed out that it had in fact been Keith Gillespie who played up front for a period when Shearer was out injured, not Rob Lee, who I think only ever played in that role once.

Your memory is clearly flawed of this whole period. Which makes me suspect that your memory - if you had any in the first place - is not the best, and also that you may not be quite the supporter of this club that you pretend you are.

Stephen Spence is an absolute classic. I don't think even the youngest person on this board, wouldn't have wondered who you were talking about. Like HTL I sort of admire you for sticking this one out, but I'd admire you even more if you came clean, and more again if - like shamen says - you admitted you were completely wrong about Souness and that the changes he made at the club should not have been made, in view of your staunch backing of him.

As for dishing the dirt on the club to a London scumbag journo who hates Newcastle............it isn't really a matter of "getting into moronic arguments of debates with me" at all, the simple fact is that you yourself have made these moronic statements, and did such a moronic action.

I doubt many think about you, despite the amusement value, especially of this thread :laugh:.

Stephen Spence.

I also recall a thread where you were telling us about your idol, Arsprilla, and how he didn't play for a lot of games up front because Rob Lee did.

I pointed out that it had in fact been Keith Gillespie who played up front for a period when Shearer was out injured, not Rob Lee, who I think only ever played in that role once.

Your memory is clearly flawed of this whole period. Which makes me suspect that your memory - if you had any in the first place - is not the best, and also that you may not be quite the supporter of this club that you pretend you are.

Stephen Spence is an absolute classic. I don't think even the youngest person on this board, wouldn't have wondered who you were talking about. Like HTL I sort of admire you for sticking this one out, but I'd admire you even more if you came clean, and more again if - like shamen says - you admitted you were completely wrong about Souness and that the changes he made at the club should not have been made, in view of your staunch backing of him.

As for dishing the dirt on the club to a London scumbag journo who hates Newcastle............it isn't really a matter of "getting into moronic arguments of debates with me" at all, the simple fact is that you yourself have made these moronic statements, and did such a moronic action.

I've no particular like or dislike of Ozzie and this thread clearly make him look silly. Despite that i'm confused why you keep coming out with the 'dishing the dirt on our club' line. He gave an explanation which i haven't noticed you contest yet you bang with this line. Like it's propaganda.

FYI i wasn't part of the 'Hitzfeld for the Toon' gang either.

I am not sure what the beef is here, the fellas had a bit fun writing a bit of dream/patter, it is the sort of stuff I have thought of while day dreaming but alas I have not whacked it into the public domain. You would think he has wrote about kiddie fiddling & how he enjoyed it.

It was only a bit of fun & it is not if you have to be Paul Joannou (club historian) to rip holes through his account of events.

I am not sure what the beef is here, the fellas had a bit fun writing a bit of dream/patter, it is the sort of stuff I have thought of while day dreaming but alas I have not whacked it into the public domain. You would think he has wrote about kiddie fiddling & how he enjoyed it.

It was only a bit of fun & it is not if you have to be Paul Joannou (club historian) to rip holes through his account of events.

That's not the point, Spence.

Some lad wrote it and Ozzie believed it was true, which says alot about his knowledge of NUFC.

Some lad wrote it and Ozzie believed it was true, which says alot about his knowledge of NUFC.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I thought OzzieMandias was Stephnen Spence!!!!

I will log off now....

Stephen Spence.

I've no particular like or dislike of Ozzie and this thread clearly make him look silly. Despite that i'm confused why you keep coming out with the 'dishing the dirt on our club' line. He gave an explanation which i haven't noticed you contest yet you bang with this line. Like it's propaganda.

FYI i wasn't part of the 'Hitzfeld for the Toon' gang either.

I do it, because I think its pretty amazing that someone who says they are a supporter of Newcastle United, would dish the dirt on the club to anybody, never mind a cockney journalist who hates NUFC.

Pretty disgraceful IMO.

Lately  though, Ozzie has gave me reason to believe he knows even less about the club than I thought, and he is less of a supporter than I thought too.

Only he can change this.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I thought OzzieMandias was Stephnen Spence!!!!

I will log off now....

Maybe he is, he [Ozzie the mackem WUM] thought Keith Gillespie was Rob Lee, despite all that time thinking Tina Arsprilla was also leading the attack

Well why don't you start another pointless thread on this very issue, a poll for example - i'm sure i'll be able to handle the associated craic. Or perhaps, in a bid to appease yourself and others, i'll commence posting like a seven fingered mong from now on......... beginning now i'll do this for the remainder of the season.

You well and truly set yourself up on this one, especially for those who were dismayed at the manner in which Clueless was ripping up our/your club with his self-protectant based decision making, while you were posting WUM-like threadstarters along the lines of "Bellamy..... he's history, get over it".

Well why don't you start another pointless thread on this very issue, a poll for example - i'm sure i'll be able to handle the associated craic. Or perhaps, in a bid to appease yourself and others, i'll commence posting like a seven fingered mong from now on......... beginning now i'll do this for the remainder of the season.

You well and truly set yourself up on this one, especially for those who were dismayed at the manner in which Clueless was ripping up our/your club with his self-protectant based decision making, while you were posting WUM-like threadstarters along the lines of "Bellamy..... he's history, get over it".

Well said, that man.  :clap: