Boukary Drame joins Sochaux

Guest hindu times

Guest DavB93

Teasy: As for striking Baines/Shorey from the list, we couldn't possibly know if Baines wants to leave the North-West/Shorey the South, or if we could afford them, etc. I'm not sure if it's as simple as "Oh, Newcastle are interested... see you later!" these days, especially during the current (rather confusing) climate.

Baines considered moving to Sunderland (took him over a week to finally decide not to go there), so yes I think its extremely safe to say he'd move here in a flash, he's obviously looking to move but nobody bar Sunderland have offered for him, which tells its own story..  Shorey, well that's less obvious but again I think he'd come.  And yes we do have the money available for either player, we offered more for Heinze then it would take to sign either of them.

It's been confirmed that we didn't make a bid for Heinze, Sam just said he would be interested.

Guest exilim

Using that logic we now can't possibly sign any good players.  Because if any of the future players we might sign were any good we'd have signed them weeks ago.. yeah?

Not really, if this lad was any good Allardyce would have signed him up the first chance he got if he was available for as little as £1 million, even if it was as back up.

The fact he's going after him after making the comment that he can get the quantity but not the quality suggests he's not that good, it seems a desperate attempt to get someone in.

I agree with you but Sam said that he didnt want to bring in too many foreign players into our squad. So we could not find any quality left backs in england now and have to go abroad to bring in talent.

This guy MIGHT be good after all for optimistic fans because of the above reason.

He might be shiet too because if he were to be good, we would have signed him few weeks ago as a backup since our squad is so thin now.

Guest Guinness

Looks like Sam considering a gamble signing to sort out the left back spot.  I'd take a gamble on this French kid though over us not signing anyone, everything I've read about him is generally positive. Just think that we've not spend that much so why not go for Baines instead, who is available. 

Perhaps Sam sees Baines as a bigger gamble? If this story is to be believed Drame could be obtained for a reasonably low fee whereas Baines is reportadly valued at £6-£7m. I'd personally love to see us move for Baines but going by Sam's recent comments he seems to want someone who is physical and not too attack minded. Baines likes to get forward and doesn't offer too much in terms of physical presense. I'm hoping it's something along these lines rather than a lack of funds for new signings.

Guest Knightrider

Which suggests he isn't that good, whichever way you want to dress it up I suppose.

What is this "that good" you keep talking about :)  Its meaningless without a definition.

That good as in not the quality that we need at left back.

You're going to have to deal with the fact that we're not going to spend signficant money on a proven left-back, Baggio.

Why not? Because Ashley won't back his manager like Shepherd did?

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

You'd complain if we signed this fella, and if we signed no-one. BTW you don't know if there is money available or if there isn't, interest in Heinze and others suggest there is money, but Sam has said he's struggled to attract the right quality or negotiations have fell apart on some deals. Him looking at alternatives is good management.

Guest exilim

My guess is that if height doesn't affect his decision on the new left back, then we might really only have 10million to spend.

If we were to buy Baines for 6m, what about the rest of the defenders?

We offered £7 million for Heinze, so that logic goes out of the window right there.  The fact that we haven't offered for Baines tells me one thing, Allardyce doesn't like him as a defender (he spoke of wanting a defender first and foremost rather then a attacking player who can defend).

I didn't hear anything about the £7 million for Heinze on SSN or where ever.

Not really, if this lad was any good Allardyce would have signed him up the first chance he got if he was available for as little as £1 million, even if it was as back up.

The fact he's going after him after making the comment that he can get the quantity but not the quality suggests he's not that good, it seems a desperate attempt to get someone in.

What I mean is this deal could have been planned for weeks now, deals don't just happen.  PSG might only recently have agreed to sell, the player could have been on holiday or had other commitments ect.  Lets not right the lad off before he gets here simply because he will only cost a million pounds (which is mostly due to his contract only having 1 year left apparently) and we didn't sign him the instant Sam became manager.  If we sign him at all of course :)

i personally think bigsam thinks baines for 6mil is too much, if he was available for 3.5-4 hed be in :(

this young bloke looks the shit and is a body who we can get his agent to flog at the end of the season if his shite to so win win

Which suggests he isn't that good, whichever way you want to dress it up I suppose.

What is this "that good" you keep talking about :)  Its meaningless without a definition.

You're going to have to deal with the fact that we're not going to spend signficant money on a proven left-back, Baggio.

He only de-listed the club 12 days ago, man. What are people expecting here?

None of us know what state the finances are in and what Ashley's plans for the club money-wise are, it's far too early to say.

Did Shepherd back his manager in every single transfer window? I'm not one of these anti-Shepherd folk, I can appreciate the good that he did for us, but this comparison is ridiculous and intended to do nothing but stir trouble as far as I can see. Ashley hasn't even had full control of this club for a month yet, has he?

People expecting miracles at the click of a finger are asking an awful lot. I'd rather we were run properly and that the club was given a full and rigorous "going over" before we start chucking cash at players who have the same chance of flopping here as free-transfers/cheaper players. Lay the groundwork first and move onto the bigger things later, sort of like Spurs have done. I'd be interested to see what they did after ENIC took over and look at where they are now (backed by a company with a lot less money to offer than Ashley and inhabiting a smaller ground, etc.)

If you notice, I'm not praising Ashley or criticising him just yet, I haven't pinned my colours to the flag either way because there is simply not enough to go on. So this isn't simply an "anyone's better than FS" sort of post. It's a stop being hysterical, find something else to occupy your time instead of worrying about the Toon and give the bloke a fucking chance sort of post. I appreciate that certain people on here might simply be trying to instigate debate by being contrary and in order to occupy themselves in moments of bordeom (sound familiar?) but it's wearing me thin, and I'm barely on here compared to some so I dread to think how others are feeling. :lol:

Guest Gemmill

Have a word man.  Shepherd backed his managers to the point where we were left at serious risk of financial ruin.  The new people are having to pick up the pieces of that to an extent.  Yes, Ashley is a millionaire, but there's going to be a feeling-out period.  It's unfortunate that that comes during a transfer window, but let's see what happens over the next couple of weeks before we start making daft statements about the new people that have been in charge of the club for about 5 minutes.

Teasy: As for striking Baines/Shorey from the list, we couldn't possibly know if Baines wants to leave the North-West/Shorey the South, or if we could afford them, etc. I'm not sure if it's as simple as "Oh, Newcastle are interested... see you later!" these days, especially during the current (rather confusing) climate.

Baines considered moving to Sunderland (took him over a week to finally decide not to go there), so yes I think its extremely safe to say he'd move here in a flash, he's obviously looking to move but nobody bar Sunderland have offered for him, which tells its own story..  Shorey, well that's less obvious but again I think he'd come.  And yes we do have the money available for either player, we offered more for Heinze then it would take to sign either of them.

It's been confirmed that we didn't make a bid for Heinze, Sam just said he would be interested.

Confirmed by who?  Geniune question, because I didn't read any confirmation.  After the "7 million bid for a defender" story was reported I seem to remember several papers reporting that it had been Heinze and he'd rejected the move.

Guest exilim

What I mean is this deal could have been planned for weeks now, deals don't just happen.  PSG might only recently have agreed to sell, the player could have been on holiday or had other commitments ect.  Lets not right the lad off before he gets here simply because he will only cost a million pounds (which is mostly due to his contract only having 1 year left apparently) and we didn't sign him the instant Sam became manager.  If we sign him at all of course :)

He would had be back training with PSG when Rozehnal was. What other commitments does he have if he's under the club's contract? Don't think he's having his African / Asian cup tournament now? Did his wife just ran off?

Confirmed by who?  After the "7 million bid for a defender" story was reported I seem to remember several papers reporting that it had been Heinze and he'd rejected the move.

I thought it turned out to be Silvestre and that the money wasn't £7M?

Guest Gemmill

He only de-listed the club 12 days ago, man. What are people expecting here?

None of us know what state the finances are in and what Ashley's plans for the club money-wise are, it's far too early to say.

Did Shepherd back his manager in every single transfer window? I'm not one of these anti-Shepherd folk, I can appreciate the good that he did for us, but this comparison is ridiculous and intended to do nothing but stir trouble as far as I can see. Ashley hasn't even had full control of this club for a month yet, has he?

People expecting miracles at the click of a finger are asking an awful lot. I'd rather we were run properly and that the club was given a full and rigorous "going over" before we start chucking cash at players who have the same chance of flopping here as free-transfers/cheaper players. Lay the groundwork first and move onto the bigger things later, sort of like Spurs have done. I'd be interested to see what they did after ENIC took over and look at where they are now (backed by a company with a lot less money to offer than Ashley and inhabiting a smaller ground, etc.)

If you notice, I'm not praising Ashley or criticising him just yet, I haven't pinned my colours to the flag either way because there is simply not enough to go on. So this isn't simply an "anyone's better than FS" sort of post. It's a stop being hysterical, find something else to occupy your time instead of worrying about the Toon and give the bloke a fucking chance sort of post. I appreciate that certain people on here might simply be trying to instigate debate by being contrary and in order to occupy themselves in moments of bordeom (sound familiar?) but it's wearing me thin, and I'm barely on here compared to some so I dread to think how others are feeling. :lol:

Aye basically my thoughts on the matter as well.  Some of the whining on here is doing my fucking head in.  Worst case scenarios as the base assumption for everything. 

Guest exilim

Have a word man.  Shepherd backed his managers to the point where we were left at serious risk of financial ruin.  The new people are having to pick up the pieces of that to an extent.  Yes, Ashley is a millionaire, but there's going to be a feeling-out period.  It's unfortunate that that comes during a transfer window, but let's see what happens over the next couple of weeks before we start making daft statements about the new people that have been in charge of the club for about 5 minutes.

He's a billionaire.

The Silvestre rumour came about a bit later and I don't remember there being any link to the previous story.  Did I miss something in the Silvestre story?

We were told a Premiership "stopper" had rejected us for a rumoured £6M-7M price (which must have surely been speculation) and Silvestre's name came out later. I'm not saying it was definitely him, merely highlighting the fact that we don't know exactly who it was or how much we'd actually bid for that particular player.

Or if it happened at all.

Personally i dont think Sam is willing to fork out 6 million for inexperianced players such as Baines. He's said time and time again that he wants experiance. That doesn't mean to say that if experianced centre halfs became available he wouldn't quite happily put the cash up for the player. It also doesn't mean he isn't willing to buy youngsters, it just mean he will only sign them at the correct price. Maybe Sam thinks this kid is worth 1 or 2 million.

If Baines were worth 2 or 3 million i have no doubt Sam would be interested. He's clearly working on a budget and rightly so. I still have full confidence that Sam will get the players in.

Guest Gemmill

He's a billionaire.

Aye.  That an'all.

Guest exilim

He's a billionaire.

Aye.  That an'all.

:lol:

The Silvestre rumour came about a bit later and I don't remember there being any link to the previous story.  Did I miss something in the Silvestre story?

We were told a Premiership "stopper" had rejected us for a rumoured £6M-7M price (which must have surely been speculation) and Silvestre's name came out later. I'm not saying it was definitely him, merely highlighting the fact that we don't know exactly who it was or how much we'd actually bid for that particular player.

Or if it happened at all.

As far as I remember the Chronicle came out with the £7 million bid for a mystery defender story.  Then a few days later they reported the player had rejected us.  Then soon after other papers said it had been Heinze.  The Silvestre story was a week or so later and entirely seperate (nobody claimed otherwise anyway).  The story seems quite believable to me and nobody ever denied it so I'd tend to believe it probably was true.

Guest exilim

Thu, Sep 14 PSG A- Derry City UEFA Cup D, 0 - 0 Started

Wed, Sep 20 PSG H- Lorient Coupe de la Ligue W, 3 - 1 Started

Thu, Sep 28 PSG H- Derry City UEFA Cup W, 2 - 0 Started

Thu, Oct 19 PSG A- Rapid Bucuresti UEFA Cup D, 0 - 0 Started

Wed, Oct 25 PSG A- Lyon Coupe de la Ligue L, 2 - 1 Started

Thu, Nov 23 PSG H- Hapoel Tel-Aviv UEFA Cup L, 2 - 4 Started

Thu, Nov 30 PSG A- Mlada Boleslav UEFA Cup D, 0 - 0 Started

Thu, Feb 22 PSG H- AEK Athens UEFA Cup W, 2 - 0 Started

Thu, Mar 15 PSG A- Benfica UEFA Cup L, 3 - 1 Started

So for the games he started, 3 loss 3 draw 3win

Guest exilim

Boukary Drame, 85, LB, PSG

Rating : 7.5B, Clichy

Talent : Dramé is a solid LB with very good technical skills going forward. He is solid defensively, but has progress to make there.

Season : He was a starter than Rozehnal was transformed into a DM (Armand+Traore were CBs), but with Yepes’ injury, Rozehnal came back to CB with Traore and Armand took his spot back on the left. Since then, he’s barely seen minutes behind one of the best LB in the business.

Guest SwissMagpie

Drame has a talent without doubt.Wenger  wanted him a year ago but PSG didnt want to release him.He is still young and of course need to improve.but he is rated very highly in France.last year he proved it with very good preformence in Ligue1 and Uefa Cup.

id take him for the future as 2nd cholce LB and bring another LB