Boukary Drame joins Sochaux

Guest hindu times

No idea if he's any good as haven't seen him play. Sounds promising though, 5'11, pacy plays for senegal and PSG, second best LB in France, so if he checks out sign him as we are desperate.

5'11" is tiny, I'm 5'10" and I'm a short-arse.

It's average for a footballer, quite tall for a fullback.

I would definitly get him, and this seems like its something in it too. Big Sam wanted him at Bolton, Rozehnal played alongside him and of course, we are desperate for a left back. He is only 21 and already has a few caps for the Senegal team. From reports, he played wonderful last season and is highly rated in France. Love that he is strong, good in the air and speedy. Please buy Sam! I don`t care if he`s 5`11"(Im not operating with inches and shit though :laugh2:).

If no one knows what he is like, how on earth can we be screaming "BUY HIM BUY HIM!!"

Desperation has set in

Obviously, you get the picture of what he`s like, when you read what other people say about him, they who have seen him play a lot. Also, there is not many available full backs in England for sale. Its clearly a good buy this one.

If no one knows what he is like, how on earth can we be screaming "BUY HIM BUY HIM!!"

Desperation has set in

Obviously, you get the picture of what he`s like, when you read what other people say about him, they who have seen him play a lot. Also, there is not many available full backs in England for sale. Its clearly a good buy this one.

I dont think I could agree that its clearly a good buy. Risky; although would not put Sam off going for it.

Just seems to be a bit of a reaction that he is at last the solution to our defensive problems.... if we signed Wayne Bridge then that worthy of the "BUY HIM BUY HIM" quotes

Fair enough. I was kind of expecting whoever we went for being at around the 6'3" size given the other midgets in our team.

But height isn't really needed there. Through the middle (CD/DMC/CF) is where you need height, as long as he can cut out crosses and has good positional sense his height is by far enough to be effective.

Evra is a good example. Small fuker, and got raped on crosses going over his head for months when he 1st signed for Manu. But once he settled down he got there quicker, better positioning and became more effective and now a solid player.

Desperation has set in

Correct! - I've never seen him play but he sounds like a good prospec, so i'd buy him/take a gamble for around £1m. We may still need another LB, CB and RB too though imo! But as things stand at the moment as long as he checks out to be a decent prospect then i'd 100% go for him becaus we are very very desperate especially at LB!! 

Height obviously isn't the end all or be all! But it is an added bonus imo for us especially as we do seem to have alot of small players. 5'11 i would think is slightly above average for a LB.

Guest exilim

Who the f*** measures people in centimetres??? (excluding oddball foreigners of course)

Why not? Who the f*** measures people in foot??? (excluding oddball foreigners of course)

Because others have another way of doing it then it makes them odd?

Anyways back to the topic, if he's that promising.. i believe that f****** spurs or any other teams like chelsea would have a look at him. And even drenthe won't be rated at a cheap 1m pounds.

Guest exilim

I am wondering if Big sam is residing his fate to his Bolton style of transfer because ashley isn't going to give him that much to spend this summer. He came here because Bolton weren't giving him enough resource to take the club further.

So he was actually looking for a better left back but now, he had to look at his old targets whom he scouted back in Bolton.

Bolton style transfer means, "Take a risk on a cheap, if he's good.. keep him, bad.. dump him"

Guest Invicta_Toon

Shearer is 5' 11'' and we all know he's a midget who's useless in the air.

FFS.

how about how useless someone 5'11' is at defending a corner against Shearer?

Who the f*** measures people in centimetres??? (excluding oddball foreigners of course)

Why not? Who the f*** measures people in foot??? (excluding oddball foreigners of course)

Because others have another way of doing it then it makes them odd?

Anyways back to the topic, if he's that promising.. i believe that f****** spurs or any other teams like chelsea would have a look at him. And even drenthe won't be rated at a cheap 1m pounds.

Good point actually, we'll only look for players who are promising enough to be wanted by chelsea or spurs...

Guest firetotheworks

I dont understand the height debate. 5'11" is average, and for a full back, taller than average. He might still be crap in the air but his height sounds fine to me.