Elano- Should we try to sign him?

Guest Deep456

Guest Deep456

Manchester City have agreed a £7.4m deal for Brazil midfielder Elano and he will complete his move from Shakhtar Donetsk on Tuesday. (Daily Star)

Considering this boy can play some good football, I think we should sign him. He is still in his mid 20's and already a Brazilian international and looks a fine player. Also he scores a fair share of goals. I reckon for the fee I think we should try and sign him ASAP.

Discuss!

I've never seen him play, only heard people ranting about him from FM, so can't possibly comment but it would be nice to see a proper attacking mid, especially Brazilian to replace Dyer when he goes.

Although Barnes will do.

Guest Gemmill

Manchester City have agreed a £7.4m deal for Brazil midfielder Elano and he will complete his move from Shakhtar Donetsk on Tuesday. (Daily Star)

Considering this boy can play some good football, I think we should sign him. He is still in his mid 20's and already a Brazilian international and looks a fine player. Also he scores a fair share of goals. I reckon for the fee I think we should try and sign him ASAP.

Discuss!

Even better - if Nobby passes the ball to him, it'll sound like there's an echo in the commentary box! 

Guest Deep456

To be honest, if anyone thinks we can pay £7.4m for a semi-unproven midfielder, they are living in cloud cuckoo land.

Well not many decent midfielders go for less than £6m these days.

Discuss!

Even better - if Nobby passes the ball to him, it'll sound like there's an echo in the commentary box! 

:lol:

To be honest, if anyone thinks we can pay £7.4m for a semi-unproven midfielder, they are living in cloud cuckoo land.

Well not many clubs with the initials N and U can afford to spend more than £6m for a midfielder these days.

Citeh are doing really well in the transfer market. Utter bullshit that there are no players out there willing to join us, just one excuse after another.

At least Dr Spec can be a happy man next season, it looked tits up at one point.  :thup:

Although Barnes will do.

Not good enough yet.

You are right, he needs a season in the EPL, but i think then he'll be overpriced and Derby will want £10m or something dafter when the go down (cue Morph going mad, but its true, they are going back down)

Get in now for £5-6m, all the money we get off Dyer, and in two seasons we'll be laughing.

Guest Deep456

Well not many clubs with the initials N and U can afford to spend more than £6m for a midfielder these days.

Dyer is being sold for £6m I think that recoups majority of the Elano fee should we decide to go in for him. When it comes to affording players, I think Ashley will invest a fair share into transfer fees aswell. So we do fall into the small amount of clubs with initials N and U that can afford to pay £6m+ for a midfielder.

Dyer is being sold for £6m I think that recoups majority of the Elano fee should we decide to go in for him. When it comes to affording players, I think Ashley will invest a fair share into transfer fees aswell.

Any money we get from Dyer will probably go back into the defence.

Guest Gemmill

Dyer is being sold for £6m I think that recoups majority of the Elano fee should we decide to go in for him. When it comes to affording players, I think Ashley will invest a fair share into transfer fees aswell.

This is like watching two retards play swingball. :lol:

Can't believe we've been taken over by a billionaire and were scraping around selling palyers to raise money for much needed defenders.

Guest Deep456

Your the 3rd then?

Guest Gemmill

Your the 3rd then?

There's no 3rd in two mate.  Keep swinging.

Citeh are doing really well in the transfer market. Utter bullshit that there are no players out there willing to join us, just one excuse after another.

At least Dr Spec can be a happy man next season, it looked tits up at one point.  :thup:

Does anyone remember the Argentina vs Brazil game at Arsenal a little while ago? Elano scored twice, and I posted then that he could be Sinclair's replacement (I might dig that post up!). Would have walked over broken glass to get him here that day, but I was being ironic cos there was absolutely no chance that City would try to buy him nor any chance of him coming. But here we are. Same as Nery Castillo, watching the Copa he was a class apart, amazing to have all these stories in the papers about how we want him (Altho unfortunately it looks like he's going to Shaktar). Just being mentioned in the same paragraph as all these quality guys from all corners of the world while shysters like Harewood and Konchesky sign for some other mugs...I am a happy bunny.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=28852.msg544062#msg544062

Elano looks a good player, I wonder how long he will be in the Ukraine. I doubt Shaktar will sell him for pittance(Aren't they owned by an Oligarch?), but he'll probably put in a transfer request eventually...?

Could be Trevor Sinclair's replacement in a year or two whistling.gif

Mystic fucking Meg. :coolsmiley:

Your the 3rd then?

There's no 3rd in two mate.  Keep swinging.

:lol:

Does anyone remember the Argentina vs Brazil game at Arsenal a little while ago? Elano scored twice, and I posted then that he could be Sinclair's replacement (I might dig that post up!). Would have walked over broken glass to get him here that day, but I was being ironic cos there was absolutely no chance that City would try to buy him nor any chance of him coming. But here we are. Same as Nery Castillo, watching the Copa he was a class apart, amazing to have all these stories in the papers about how we want him (Altho unfortunately it looks like he's going to Shaktar). Just being mentioned in the same paragraph as all these quality guys from all corners of the world while shysters like Harewood and Konchesky sign for some other mugs...I am a happy bunny.

Well enjoy it, glad someone is happy.

Can see Citeh being a force next season, although i still think Sven will over spend like always in the end, but that doesn't seem to matter to your new owner.