Elano- Should we try to sign him?

Guest Deep456

Guest Breezer

Can't believe we've been taken over by a billionaire and were scraping around selling palyers to raise money for much needed defenders.

My thoughts exactly

Guest Deep456

To be honest, if anyone thinks we can pay £7.4m for a semi-unproven midfielder, they are living in cloud cuckoo land.

Well not many decent midfielders go for less than £6m these days.

Well not many clubs with the initials N and U can afford to spend more than £6m for a midfielder these days.

Dyer is being sold for £6m I think that recoups majority of the Elano fee should we decide to go in for him. When it comes to affording players, I think Ashley will invest a fair share into transfer fees aswell.

Any money we get from Dyer will probably go back into the defence.

This is like watching two retards play swingball. :lol:

Your the 3rd then?

There's no 3rd in two mate.  Keep swinging.

Now there is and it's you.

Guest Moe-Ali

Manchester City have agreed a £7.4m deal for Brazil midfielder Elano and he will complete his move from Shakhtar Donetsk on Tuesday. (Daily Star)

Considering this boy can play some good football, I think we should sign him. He is still in his mid 20's and already a Brazilian international and looks a fine player. Also he scores a fair share of goals. I reckon for the fee I think we should try and sign him ASAP.

Discuss!

Even better - if Nobby passes the ball to him, it'll sound like there's an echo in the commentary box! 

:lol:

To be honest, if anyone thinks we can pay £7.4m for a semi-unproven midfielder, they are living in cloud cuckoo land.

Well not many clubs with the initials N and U can afford to spend more than £6m for a midfielder these days.

Dyer is being sold for £6m I think that recoups majority of the Elano fee should we decide to go in for him. When it comes to affording players, I think Ashley will invest a fair share into transfer fees aswell.

Your the 3rd then?

Oooh he's done you there Gemmill.

Although Barnes will do.

Not good enough yet.

If we were ever gonna buy Barnes, the time would be now - before he looks like a decent Premiership prospect next year and goes to Spurs or Man U for £12m.

Your the 3rd then?

Hit him where it hurts eh Deep.

He has been good in the few games I have seen him play.

Man City are building a good team right now.

So, do we think Man City are buying players we should've been in for?

Not really because their purchases are in positions we are strong in.

We need defenders not midfielders or strikers.

I think our midfield is more than adequate at the moment.

Guest Deep456

Your the 3rd then?

Hit him where it hurts eh Deep.

I can't he doesn't have any balls. :lol:

Played in an anchor midfield role when he came on early in the Copa final against the likes of Riquelme, thought he tackled and closed down quickly/efficiently, which is pretty impressive for a Brazilian attacking player.

In all honesty, I would want us to take a gamble on any of those players playing in the Copa final. At first glance, youd think its a typical South American match with players who wouldnt be suitable for the Premiership and top flight European football, then you realise the majority of them already are playing in Europe and doing so pretty well.

Guest Moe-Ali

i'd prefer not fantasizing about 7million pound players when we can hardly land a 1million pound unproven leftback from psg..