Where do YOU want Zoggy? (This is NOT a transfer talk thread).

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I just want him back to what he was in his first full season here. I fucking loved him that year and he was one of the very, very few bright points of the Souness reign. As long as he's in the team in one of his actual positions, I'm happy. Left-wing firstly, centre-mid second and left-back if absolutely necessary.

Not sure he has the vision to play in behind the strikers, not just yet anyway.

He's an "impact" player, ideally suited to bursting up the flanks/through the middle... the Juve game was eerily reminiscent of of the times two seasons ago when he'd receive the ball on the flank from a quick goalie throw and the whole crowd would roar him forwards... and quite often he'd make something useful happen.

Our most exciting player on his day and invaluable if he has his head right. As he gets older and slows down a little/learns more discipline/experience I think he could become a top-class fullback as well.

he's got the ability, I HOPE he has the temperament, and last season was a case of "2nd season blues" plus of course Roeder got it all wrong with zoggy.

Putting your neck on the line I'd say he will be a top player, but maybe is one of those players who needs to be completely comfortable with his manager and surroundings to be it, and needs a bit of pandering and encouragement. But this is why managers are paid good money, to handle players in their different ways.

I just want him back to what he was in his first full season here. I fucking loved him that year and he was one of the very, very few bright points of the Souness reign. As long as he's in the team in one of his actual positions, I'm happy. Left-wing firstly, centre-mid second and left-back if absolutely necessary.

He's an "impact" player, ideally suited to bursting up the flanks/through the middle... the Juve game was eerily reminiscent of of the times two seasons ago when he'd receive the ball on the flank from a quick goalie throw and the whole crowd would roar him forwards... and quite often he'd make something useful happen.

Our most exciting player on his day and invaluable if he has his head right. As he gets older and slows down a little/learns more discipline/experience I think he could become a top-class fullback as well.

he's got the ability, I HOPE he has the temperament, and last season was a case of "2nd season blues" plus of course Roeder got it all wrong with zoggy.

Putting your neck on the line I'd say he will be a top player, but maybe is one of those players who needs to be completely comfortable with his manager and surroundings to be it, and needs a bit of pandering and encouragement. But this is why managers are paid good money, to handle players in their different ways.

Ding! Ding! Ding!!

We have a winner!!!

And the inability of the last few managers to do that properly has been a BIG part of the reason why we have not got the best out of good players, and been bigging up mediocre players and even shite ones.

Ding! Ding! Ding!!

We have a winner!!!

And the inability of the last few managers to do that properly has been a BIG part of the reason why we have not got the best out of good players, and been bigging up mediocre players and even shite ones.

ah shucks NM  :blush: and here's to those who still think peddling them instead was the best way forward .....

I remember hoping Souness would be hauled up on assault charges at the time, Bellamy was, or could be, an odious little gob at times but he brought a lot to the team and getting rid due to a purely personal  clash was, for me, the height of Souness's ineptitude.

There was quite a few rumours regarding Shearers position in the whole thing, (backing Souness and disliking Bellamy), but if he couldn't see how much Bellamy contributed to his own declining game and the team as a whole then I have doubts he'll ever make it as a manager anywhere outside the lower leagues.

I remember hoping Souness would be hauled up on assault charges at the time, Bellamy was, or could be, an odious little gob at times but he brought a lot to the team and getting rid due to a purely personal  clash was, for me, the height of Souness's ineptitude.

There was quite a few rumours regarding Shearers position in the whole thing, (backing Souness and disliking Bellamy), but if he couldn't see how much Bellamy contributed to his own declining game and the team as a whole then I have doubts he'll ever make it as a manager anywhere outside the lower leagues.

Shearer might not make a good manager shock. :parky: