Where do YOU want Zoggy? (This is NOT a transfer talk thread).

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think he suits AM very well,and you could see againt Juventus what quality he has in that department running at defenders,with them not having a clue what to do with him.

Anyone remember that mazy run he made against the unwashed and then tucked the ball away in the corner  :rolleyes:

At the minute I'd prefer to see N'Zogbia playing left wing but he has pace and a shot that would work well in the middle as long as he was going forwards and not having to defend.

For now his strengths are running at the defence and either crossing the ball or shooting from range with power.  Defenders will hate him because he's so direct once he gets into his stride.  He's not one-dimensional which will keep defenders thinking about how to stop him and he should be able to make that work for him as long as he keeps his head up.

N'Zogbia has been one of the big plusses for me so far.

At the minute I'd prefer to see N'Zogbia playing left wing but he has pace and a shot that would work well in the middle as long as he was going forwards and not having to defend.

For now his strengths are running at the defence and either crossing the ball or shooting from range with power.  Defenders will hate him because he's so direct once he gets into his stride.  He's not one-dimensional which will keep defenders thinking about how to stop him and he should be able to make that work for him as long as he keeps his head up.

Of course if Duff is fit and playing well, then a Zoggy back to his old form shouldn't be sitting on the bench - he has to play in the middle with Barton.

Duff.........Zog.......Barton......Milner.

Bit attacking I know.

Of course if Duff is fit and playing well, then a Zoggy back to his old form shouldn't be sitting on the bench - he has to play in the middle with Barton.

Duff.........Zog.......Barton......Milner.

Bit attacking I know.

Geremi is better than Zog or Milner in either of those positions.

Pacy, good crosser, works hard (mostly ;) ), has a few tricks. Left-winger through and through for me. Left-back as cover is an option, with central midfield being a third possibility although I think it's his weakest position despite what he seems to think.

Guest 22bnw

The team usually picks itself by October anyway because of injuries, he'll have to play a multitude of positions I suspect

Though he linked up well with Jimmy when he was going down the left. But Zog on the left wing Jimmy on the right, we have quite a few CM when they are all fit and dont think zog is as good as them in that area, but he is a class winger. Really he can play AM/CM as long as he is disciplined as we all know he has great ball control and his running on and off the ball is top class.

Left Back

I don't get this idea that it's a huge waste of talent playing left back. It's a position which gives you freedom to get forward, you see a huge amount of the ball which he needs and if your full backs are attacking it goes a huge way to limiting the opposition's escape routes when you have them under pressure.

I can see Zog and Duff/Milner interchanging on the left, both having the energy to get back and cover. In Zog and Duff we have two naturally left sided players, why not play them together and really have a go at teams, especially at home?

Ths would also apply to Duff, when fit. Of the best full-backs I can remember, less and less are what I would term 'defenders'. Maybe Gary Neville fits that description but what about Cafu, Cole, Carlos, Evra etc etc.

Zog is currently a better option than anyone we have at the club to play left sided, either full-back or wing.

Guest jazzfido

It is apparent already that he is multi-skilled and can play in a number of positions...iirc He has played left back in his early days and clearly is comfortable on the wing. I think he prefers to play in the middle as an AM player if it was down to him and we've all seen his surging runs and ability to get long distance shots on target...Would have scored the other day if there had been anyone but Buffon in the goal with that 30 yarder.

Where do you want to see him play and why?

Depends on formation and who else plays.

The ideal 433 formation, excluding injuries, for me is (backup in order of preference):

------------given------------ (backup: krul, harper)

solano-taylor-rozy-baba (backup: carr, ramage, edgar, hunty)

----------geremi--------- (backup: butt)

---barton----zoggy--- (backup: geremi, solano, dyer, emre)

--martins-----viduka-- (backup: milner, luque, duff)

----------owen--------- (backup: viduka, ameobi, caroll)

Owen is probably only capable of playing on the top, and Viduka is capable of playing behind an advanced striker.

The ideal 422 formation, excluding injuries, for me is:

------------given------------- (backup: krul, harper)

solano--taylor--rozy--baba (backup: carr, ramage, edgar, hunty)

-------geremi---barton-------- (backup: butt, solano, dyer, emre)

milner-----------------zoggy (backup: solano, luque, duff)

-------owen---viduka------- (bakcup: martins, ameobi, luque, caroll)

Haven't seen Troisi so can't comment on his suitability.

NUFC looks like a strong team going forward this season, and, if executed correctly, a team that is capable of playing both 433 and 442 successfully. The only problem is defence. Quality left and right backs are needed, and one central defender. Playing Zoggy at left back would be such a waste of talent.

I'm just happy he's on the pitch again, i also hope he gets to play is many different positions to give his talent a chance to grow and develop into a great all rounder.

Never been to bad at tackling, so if he plays LB sometimes that's ok with me. Would be nice to have a left winger in the future who understands whats required of a LB, and how to support him fully.

Overall though, left wing, possible centre left depending on formations.