Martins not for sale - Sam

Guest gggg

Sorry, just seen this now...

Did you miss the part where I used "if" in my post?

...you'll be there in the thread saying "oh dear, if this is true then it's bad news for us..."

I understand you're saying "if", but you surely cannot deny your response to numerous stories like this over the summer, and I've only called you on about three of them! Have we had more interaction than that? Also, on at least one occasion my response to your ridiculousness has been very tongue-in-cheek. The victim thing won't work here mate, it's simply not true, and telling me to "lighten up"? I'm not the one predicting bloody doom and gloom from almost every story I see! :lol:

That hyopcrisy has almost knocked me from my chair. :laugh:

Unless I have some mistaken opinion of myself, I tend to find I have one of the rosiest outlooks on most things that get discussed here, looking for the good in everything rather than the bad.

Finally, of course you are entitled to discuss media reports, and sometimes you tend to make some very valid arguments that nobody else has raised, but I was just pointing out my personal frustration with the stance you adopt on practically every two-bit story that gets printed in the Sunday papers.¨I apologise if that's upset you somewhat, but I have assumed it is fair play to criticise perceived idiocy on here - everyone else does it - and usually in far worse ways than I did yesterday.

Chillax.

I don´t think an apology combined with accusations of hypocricy, idiocy and ridiculousness really counts as an apology myself.. ;)

http://www.nufc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1100504,00.html

Magpie Martins In United Pledge

By Craig Hope

NIGERIAN hotshot Oba Martins says he is ready to fight for his place at Newcastle United and insists he is fully committed to the Club.

The 22 -year-old kicked-off his campaign in red hot fashion, firing an opening day brace in the 3-1 win at Bolton Wanderers.

And the former Inter Milan ace has shot down speculation linking him with a move away from St.James' Park, instead insisting he is happy with life on Tyneside.

"I am ready to fight for a place," said the £10m striker.

"You must be doing something nice to be linked with a club like Arsenal.

"But I have a club, which I am happy about. I am committed to the Newcastle cause.

"I am employed by Newcastle and I owe them my dedication and that is it."

http://www.nufc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1100504,00.html

Magpie Martins In United Pledge

By Craig Hope

NIGERIAN hotshot Oba Martins says he is ready to fight for his place at Newcastle United and insists he is fully committed to the Club.

The 22 -year-old kicked-off his campaign in red hot fashion, firing an opening day brace in the 3-1 win at Bolton Wanderers.

And the former Inter Milan ace has shot down speculation linking him with a move away from St.James' Park, instead insisting he is happy with life on Tyneside.

"I am ready to fight for a place," said the £10m striker.

"You must be doing something nice to be linked with a club like Arsenal.

"But I have a club, which I am happy about. I am committed to the Newcastle cause.

"I am employed by Newcastle and I owe them my dedication and that is it."

Gone.

Guest justin99.

Oba could a tatto with "Newcastle for Life" across his back and the papers will still insist he's about to leave.

Just watched his interview after the Barnsley match on the club site  - again, Oba categorically says: "I really, really want to stay here."

Don't know how many times and in how many different ways he has to say it.