The wisdom of selling Dyer ?

Benwell Lad

Guest black

Let's be honest the "family issues" are a thinly veiled disguise of a player who wants away but doesn't want to miss out on his loyalty bonus from the transfer.

Just think Jenas and the gold fish bowl reason for wanting to leave but never actually asking for a transfer.

Sorry but Dyer has no loyalty, the way he treated SBR was more than proof of his attitude and unfortunately it's going to be all but impossible to get the fu<king waster out of the club because of the wages he will be demanding.

His only hope is the club letting him go cheap (family issues anyone) so his salary won't scare off another club where he'd like to be.

By the way if Owen owes the club in the fat man's eyes, Dyer must have promised the club his first six children and his soul after he dies.

If Spurs offered Zokora and we turned it down then that's crazy.

Was it not more a case of Spurs making a bid for Dyer, us saying we'll accept as long as we can have Zokora, and Spurs telling us to naff off?

Probably. Zakora is ten times the player Dyer is.

On what basis? He was piss poor last season.

Zokora is SHIT...Sorry to say this but IDIOTS who think Zokora is a good player...HE IS NOTHING man...for god sake...

I said in an earlier thread that his family are in Ipswich, fair enough a move to London makes the journey to Ipswich shorter but, I doubt he will be living there so what does he gain?  Not much in my opinion! 

All that said, if we force him to stay this season he will not necessarily play as well as he can as his heart will not be in the job, some may suggest that has been the case for a number of seasons now.  In two years he can leave and we get nothing!  May as well sell him now while he still holds some financial value.

I'm also not sure where hi is going to fit into the team, we are strong in midfield (assuming Geremi plays there) with decent talent in that department.  We have enough strikers as well.  I doubt Dyer would get many games (if the squad was injury free, that is).

Plenty of players live well away from their place of work. Viduka wants to stay in North Yorkshire. Where does he play? Alan Brazil seems to manage on Talksport!

True, but, Ispwich would take about 1hr 45mins to West Ham assuming fair traffic.  Not sure whether that may be too far away for a commute.

Mark Viduka lives in Harrogate which is about the same (maybe 20 mins less), maybe you're right!!

Personally if Dyer goes (or should I say when) I wish him well, even though he has been a little shit at times up here!!

I could walk from West ham to Ipswich in the time you have put. What the hell do you drive mate???????  1hr 45mins    mackems.gif

Honestly it takes about 1hr 15 during the day or about an 1 hour on a weekend.

Let's be honest the "family issues" are a thinly veiled disguise of a player who wants away but doesn't want to miss out on his loyalty bonus from the transfer.Just think Jenas and the gold fish bowl reason for wanting to leave but never actually asking for a transfer.

Sorry but Dyer has no loyalty, the way he treated SBR was more than proof of his attitude and unfortunately it's going to be all but impossible to get the fu<king waster out of the club because of the wages he will be demanding.

His only hope is the club letting him go cheap (family issues anyone) so his salary won't scare off another club where he'd like to be.

By the way if Owen owes the club in the fat man's eyes, Dyer must have promised the club his first six children and his soul after he dies.

You couldn`t be more wrong.

I said in an earlier thread that his family are in Ipswich, fair enough a move to London makes the journey to Ipswich shorter but, I doubt he will be living there so what does he gain?  Not much in my opinion! 

All that said, if we force him to stay this season he will not necessarily play as well as he can as his heart will not be in the job, some may suggest that has been the case for a number of seasons now.  In two years he can leave and we get nothing!  May as well sell him now while he still holds some financial value.

I'm also not sure where hi is going to fit into the team, we are strong in midfield (assuming Geremi plays there) with decent talent in that department.  We have enough strikers as well.  I doubt Dyer would get many games (if the squad was injury free, that is).

Plenty of players live well away from their place of work. Viduka wants to stay in North Yorkshire. Where does he play? Alan Brazil seems to manage on Talksport!

True, but, Ispwich would take about 1hr 45mins to West Ham assuming fair traffic.  Not sure whether that may be too far away for a commute.

Mark Viduka lives in Harrogate which is about the same (maybe 20 mins less), maybe you're right!!

Personally if Dyer goes (or should I say when) I wish him well, even though he has been a little s*** at times up here!!

I could walk from West ham to Ipswich in the time you have put. What the hell do you drive mate???????  1hr 45mins    mackems.gif

Honestly it takes about 1hr 15 during the day or about an 1 hour on a weekend.

Youre not wrong. I used to live near Ipswich and it's not far at all. Heard a few things from people down there about Dyer and it appears he does need to move down. Shame on the footballing side imo as we don't have anyone with that pace but still think, like Bellamy, we need him away. He divides fans too much for it to be anything but bother for him and the club.

Not going to argue with those more in the know than me but, I had a quick check on theaa.com and their directions were not far off what I thought:

Your route details - View summary results | Plan a new route

To: West Ham United F.C.,London  Reverse this route

Distance: 75.4 miles  Show in kilometres

Time: 1 hr 40 min

Print this page

Send to a friend

Show map of route

Map of destination

Not going to argue with those more in the know than me but, I had a quick check on theaa.com and their directions were not far off what I thought:

Your route details - View summary results | Plan a new route

To: West Ham United F.C.,London  Reverse this route

Distance: 75.4 miles  Show in kilometres

Time: 1 hr 40 min

Print this page

Send to a friend

Show map of route

Map of destination

I guessed you used that , sorry to come across like a cunt above but yeah those websites don`t take in account a lead foot and a fast car.

Had so many chances and has never delivered over a full season, arguably no better than when we signed him - maybe not as good as he was, had so much potential at ipswich and has totally wasted it with his love of the social scene and a poor temperament. Has been unlucky with injuries but overall it time to move on, the move may do him good and us long term also. Should have had well over 50 caps and be an England regular by now.

Guest black

Let's be honest the "family issues" are a thinly veiled disguise of a player who wants away but doesn't want to miss out on his loyalty bonus from the transfer.Just think Jenas and the gold fish bowl reason for wanting to leave but never actually asking for a transfer.

You couldn`t be more wrong.

Really?

Come on then ITK let us know the truth.

I reckon the form of Luque and Milner this pre-season have probably made big Sam realise that Dyer is expendable.

Both have impressed, creating chances and scoring goals, and with N'Zogbia, Duff, Geremi, Barton, Emre and Solano as his other midfield options it's not as if we'll be left short.

£80,000 a week off the wage bill, a spare bed in the treatment table and £5m to put towards defenders.

Sell, sell, sell!

I'm sceptical about the 'family reasons' bit. He seemed prepared to play for Allardyce, and then the pre-season friendlies started, where he got booed. I'm not saying the family problems don't exist, but the booing was probably enough to tip him from the decision to stick with us, to the decision to bail out.

But overall, I'd have liked him to have stayed. In all probability, the best seasons of his career are about to begin.

Guest black

Look, it's been stated before but I'll reiterate it for those with a goldfish memory.

He's been a player at Newcastle since Guillit signed him in July 1999, why now, eight years later are family problems sited as an issue?

Guest black

Er, because he didn't have two kids eight years ago?

So what he's now got two kids that live in a different city to him, you really think that is an issue for the king of bling?

Our host of roast?

Edit: Come on can someone explain this?

Has his "family" recently moved away from him?

Or have they always been in Ipswich and he occassionally gets day release to procreate in the name of Dyer?

Is he just responsible for two immaculate conception that has taken place in Ipswich while he's spent the last eight years in Tyneside?

I'm sceptical about the 'family reasons' bit. He seemed prepared to play for Allardyce, and then the pre-season friendlies started, where he got booed. I'm not saying the family problems don't exist, but the booing was probably enough to tip him from the decision to stick with us, to the decision to bail out.

But overall, I'd have liked him to have stayed. In all probability, the best seasons of his career are about to begin.

I agree. Thing is you can have a crowd of 50K with a hundred people booing a player ( i.e 0.02% )when he touches the ball, and the Great British press will tell the world the player "was booed by his own fans".

I also think you're right about best is yet to come - this could be the season he shows it with a full pre-season behind him and there are  precious few matchwinners like Dyer available within our budget - so why not keep one we already have ?

The best is yet to come from Dyer? I seriously doubt that and I'm someone who has stuck for him in the past from some unnecessary stick I think he's received. I think he'll continue to be inconsistent and injury prone whether he stays or goes. I sometimes think some people will regard certain players as 'having potential' for the whole of their careers.

Guest thenorthumbrian

The best is yet to come from Dyer? I seriously doubt that and I'm someone who has stuck for him in the past from some unnecessary stick I think he's received. I think he'll continue to be inconsistent and injury prone whether he stays or goes. I sometimes think some people will regard certain players as 'having potential' for the whole of their careers.

The best is yet to come is something people have been saying about bling boy since he signed.

Still waiting.

After years of paying KD's vast salary while he underwent one kind of treatment or another, it now seems to be common knowledge that the club are willing to let Dyer go. Wouldn't it be wise to try and get something back on the pitch from him in return for our patience and outlay ?

Every manager Dyer has worked under considered him as an automatic first choice, England coaches and just a couple of days ago Big Sam also praised his contributions to the team.  Are a bunch of sheep brained charvas and nufc.com more qualified to decide what Dyer contributes to a football team ? I think not.

Dyer often covers more ground than any other player over 90 mins - lazy little get - don't think so.

When Dyer runs at defenders, he has an almost unique ability to take 2 or 3 with him, creating space for his team's forwards rarely offered in the Premiership.

He earns a fortune - sure - but finding a replacement will cost at least as much.

I say stick with Dyer, lets see what a full season of playing ( ??? ) brings out of him, support him as we should support every player who wears black and white and lets see if he can finally make the prolonged and positive contribution to our cause which we have waited for.

He's not good enough to either justify his wages, or make up for 8 years of mediocrity.

Fucks sake, some people still seem to think he's some kind of world class player. :lol:

After years of paying KD's vast salary while he underwent one kind of treatment or another, it now seems to be common knowledge that the club are willing to let Dyer go. Wouldn't it be wise to try and get something back on the pitch from him in return for our patience and outlay ?

Every manager Dyer has worked under considered him as an automatic first choice, England coaches and just a couple of days ago Big Sam also praised his contributions to the team.  Are a bunch of sheep brained charvas and nufc.com more qualified to decide what Dyer contributes to a football team ? I think not.

Dyer often covers more ground than any other player over 90 mins - lazy little get - don't think so.

When Dyer runs at defenders, he has an almost unique ability to take 2 or 3 with him, creating space for his team's forwards rarely offered in the Premiership.

He earns a fortune - sure - but finding a replacement will cost at least as much.

I say stick with Dyer, lets see what a full season of playing ( ??? ) brings out of him, support him as we should support every player who wears black and white and lets see if he can finally make the prolonged and positive contribution to our cause which we have waited for.

He's not good enough to either justify his wages, or make up for 8 years of mediocrity.

Fucks sake, some people still seem to think he's some kind of world class player. :lol:

Who does?

Don't be silly lad. 

Never heard anyone call him world class. One of our better players maybe.