Injuries to Owen and Ameobi

TRon

I know these are just niggling injuries, but it still pisses me off slightly. If there are two players who you would like to see play a few consecutive games without breaking down it's them. I was expecting a trouble free campaign from Ameobi this season so hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

Besides, after missing so much of last season (both players) it was always very likely that as they started playing again they were going to pick up the odd niggle before they really hit the ground. Owen in particular wouldn't have been able to do much, if any, lower body work - no great shock he tweaked something.

Guest DavB93

According to Physio Room Owen and Ameobi are injury free, might of just been keeping them back for the game at the weekend.

i was glad they missed last nights game, keep everyone fit because we are struggling for players

i dont think sam might risk them on sunday if they arnt fully fit

Guest LucaAltieri

Everyone keeps saying once BSA's training methods are in place we wont have to worry about injuries...

... now granted I'm no sport scientist, BUT, surely changing training methods will bring out a couple of little injuries in some players as they adjust? The majority may be fitter than they were under previous management but as they step it up a notch some of the more injury-prone players will surely have a few setbacks.

Correct me if I'm talking shit.

Guest eyeball_tickler

I know these are just niggling injuries, but it still pisses me off slightly. If there are two players who you would like to see play a few consecutive games without breaking down it's them. I was expecting a trouble free campaign from Ameobi this season so hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

owen yes.

Guest TampaToon

Everyone keeps saying once BSA's training methods are in place we wont have to worry about injuries...

... now granted I'm no sport scientist, BUT, surely changing training methods will bring out a couple of little injuries in some players as they adjust? The majority may be fitter than they were under previous management but as they step it up a notch some of the more injury-prone players will surely have a few setbacks.

Correct me if I'm talking s***.

yep - you don't just start a new training regimen and turn into superman in 2 weeks. alot of folks are working muscles they may not have known they had, and are definitely using their bodies in ways not conceived of in the seemingly medieval training regimens of souness and roeder....heck, it's possible some of these folks haven't been worked this hard ever in their pro careers.....it'll take at least a season to even approach bolton-like results on the fitness side.

and the folks coming back from long injury layoffs, are bound to break down a little bit as their bodies reacclimate - there's a big difference between the stationary bike and the football pitch

Correct me if I'm talking s***.

Fair enough. I'm just slightly sceptical that it's the same players breaking down as before, but if it's just minor niggles no problem.

Guest Northern Boys Love Gravy!

I saw on SSN the other week that Owen had a slight niggle, but that it was, nothing major, so BS said that he wasnt going to risk them at all, no matter how little his niggle is....

I know this is totally changin the subject of this thread....

But what sort of a team did we play against hull?? I was working and checked the scores and i saw we lost, 1-0... hmmmm :idiot2:

Guest BooBoo

I guess all that matters at the end of the day is that they're fit for 11/08/07. Lets hope its just a bit of sensible precaution.

Guest BooBoo

But what sort of a team did we play against hull?? I was working and checked the scores and i saw we lost, 1-0... hmmmm :idiot2:

Haha, twas all kids mainly.

Haha, twas all kids mainly.

I guess that isnt so bad then really.... still dont like to lose friendly matches though.