Everything falling into place?

TRon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bloody hell...a week ago everyone was shitting themselves because we were struggling to get anyone through the door...now we look like we may have got 2 or 3 signings in, two of them defenders and we are still carping!

which defender should we have bought for £6m?

Baines, Shorey, Bridge?

Any of them would have more impact than Smith for £6m.

Bridge is going to play on crutches is he?

Didn't realise Bridge was never going to play football again, sorry.

But surely a move for Bridge would then raise the arguement among suporters - "why are we buying injured players??" - Much like when Edmilson was reported as being a target (and may still be a future signing).

Seems that the manager is damned if he does, and damned if he doesn't by many!!

Edmilson is much more of a gamble than Bridge imo. Bridge is alongside the best LB's in the Country. Edmilson is unknown in this league and was going to cost a fortune, was a huge gamble am glad we didn't take up on. I'd rather go for this Cacapa, sounds a much better player (we need leaders (especially Taylor)) if he stays fit.

2/3 years ago I would have been over the moon with Cacapa...But he wasn't so good last year iirc But he is still decent although it will take a few months for him to bed into the pace and physicality of the PL. I think we should leave Edmilson well alone this is his second knee op IN TWO YEARS.

Much better perhaps to have a look at THIAGO MOTTA who was transfer listed this week.

His knee operation was planned and it was to clean up what they left last time, it's not as if he broke down with another serious injury.

He's better than Motta too.

I just like to stay away from players with knee ops....Little thing I know. :lol:

Certainly looking a lot healthier. Sam's clearly working on plan B, but he's doing it sensibly in that if we bring in players from outside the Prem that don't adapt we can move them on without taking a massive loss.

Stabilise the squad, get off to a good start and if by January European football is looking likely you'll see a lot better class of players becoming available.

Seems to be clearly focussing on strong, physical players who can also play a bit - if we can pick up Papa Bouba Diop as well I'll be extra pleased!  :coolsmiley:

At least its a plan. I think though its going to attract a lot of critics, its getting very Bolton, but i simply do not care as long as its winning football.

I don't think we know what system we play at the moment, in particular if we go 4-3-3 we don't know what the two midfielders who aren't holding are supposed to do, and we don't know what the two forwards who aren't wide in the centre are supposed to do.

Certainly looking a lot healthier. Sam's clearly working on plan B, but he's doing it sensibly in that if we bring in players from outside the Prem that don't adapt we can move them on without taking a massive loss.

Stabilise the squad, get off to a good start and if by January European football is looking likely you'll see a lot better class of players becoming available.

Seems to be clearly focussing on strong, physical players who can also play a bit - if we can pick up Papa Bouba Diop as well I'll be extra pleased!  :coolsmiley:

Best post in the thread by a mile. Well apart from mine.

Guest toonlass

If we sign Smith and Sam gets a whole season out of him, he will more than have made up for Dyer leaving, as he will not play a full season at West Ham. Don't know why everyone is so down on Smith, he is a young, decent player who could make the England set-up if given a regular chance. Some people on here could have a team had won 9 premiership title's in a row, 4 F A cups, 4 League Cups and they would be baying for the manager's blood because we had lost the charity shield. Its about time they saw that moves are being made by Big Sam, and he has a lot of poor decisions to reverse from previous managers. I am sure the same people moaned last year because we only signed Duff, Oba and Sibierski and yet this year they are moaning because we have signed Viduka, Barton, Geremi, Rozenhal and are going for Smith and Cacapa. These are the kind of people who are only happy when they whinge!  :tickedoff:

Lets be honest there isnt going to be a long term fix for the club on the pitch. I'm really happy with the signings, If we dont get europe this season it really wouldn't bother me at all. Give sam the time and patience and in a couple of years the bigger picture will fall into place.

Bloody hell...a week ago everyone was shitting themselves because we were struggling to get anyone through the door...now we look like we may have got 2 or 3 signings in, two of them defenders and we are still carping!

Baines, Shorey, Bridge?

We were hardly going to sign a player who won't be fit until Xmas though, were we?

Edmilson nearly joined, why not Bridge?

Aye, but he wouldn't have been joining until Jan iirc. Either way, he hasn't signed. The lad from Sevilla may well be a stop gap / cover in the longer term if Allardyce is after Bridge, which wouldn't surprise me.

The true details never really emerged, i've no idea how it was going to pan out, too many sources saying different things.

If Chelsea are up for selling Bridge then we should go for him. Even if its a loan until Jan with us paying his wages until then, then having the option of taking him full time for £6m. I know it means were paying wages for a player we cant play, but were having a hard time brining in players, and ones of Bridge's quality are going to need an incentive to shift, club and player. Just a thought, people don't kill me for it.  :razz:

I might be wrong but I though it was year long loans only now between Premiership clubs.

Baines, Shorey, Bridge?

We were hardly going to sign a player who won't be fit until Xmas though, were we?

Edmilson nearly joined, why not Bridge?

Aye, but he wouldn't have been joining until Jan iirc. Either way, he hasn't signed. The lad from Sevilla may well be a stop gap / cover in the longer term if Allardyce is after Bridge, which wouldn't surprise me.

The true details never really emerged, i've no idea how it was going to pan out, too many sources saying different things.

If Chelsea are up for selling Bridge then we should go for him. Even if its a loan until Jan with us paying his wages until then, then having the option of taking him full time for £6m. I know it means were paying wages for a player we cant play, but were having a hard time brining in players, and ones of Bridge's quality are going to need an incentive to shift, club and player. Just a thought, people don't kill me for it.  :razz:

I might be wrong but I though it was year long loans only now between Premiership clubs.

You are probably right, i heard something about it changing but didn't really pay that much attention to it.

Would it be so tragic to take him on a season long loan with an option to buy at any time?

Gives us a real chance to asses his fitness. I just wonder if Chelsea have abused him slightly as Jose doesn't class him as a 1st teamer and Cole kept on getting injured?

Guest Morph

We should really, REALLY go for Bouazza/Barnes instead of Smith.

Why go for Barnes?  What credentials does the kid have?

Edit: for TT

Aye, possibly worth a squirt I suppose. Physioroom has him injured until the end of Sept which wasn't as bad as I thought.

Guest Darth Toon

Best post in the thread by a mile. Well apart from mine.

:lol: Well of course!

Edit: for TT

Aye, possibly worth a squirt I suppose. Physioroom has him injured until the end of Sept which wasn't as bad as I thought.

So mid to end October to get him up and running. Certainly worth a loan to buy for £6m then.

That's IF Chelsea want to sell and IF Bridge wants to move. But like i said, incentive is there, were taking a chance brining him in injured, it would show how much we want him.

If that did happen, and we brought in Drago & Cacapa at the back, i'd be delighted.

RB: Geremi/Solano/Carr

CB: Taylor/Rozy/Cacapa/Drago/Ramage

LB: Bridge/Drago/Babayaro

Not to mention Hunty & Edgar who's versatility covers the back 4 between them, although we want them as far away from the 1st team as possible.

It also puts Carr & Babayaro 3rd choice insttead of 1st teamers, that alone with score us 20 more points in the league.  :clap:

We bid for Bridge earlier in the transfer window before he had a hip operation, apparently he's keen on coming here and is big mates with Duff.

I can see us going back in for him before the window closes.

We bid for Bridge earlier in the transfer window before he had a hip operation, apparently he's keen on coming here and is big mates with Duff.

I can see us going back in for him before the window closes.

Hope you are right, injured or not, class player and i'm sure there's nothing in his injuries although he's had a lot since coming to Chelsea.

If we sign Smith and Sam gets a whole season out of him, he will more than have made up for Dyer leaving, as he will not play a full season at West Ham. Don't know why everyone is so down on Smith, he is a young, decent player who could make the England set-up if given a regular chance. Some people on here could have a team had won 9 premiership title's in a row, 4 F A cups, 4 League Cups and they would be baying for the manager's blood because we had lost the charity shield. Its about time they saw that moves are being made by Big Sam, and he has a lot of poor decisions to reverse from previous managers. I am sure the same people moaned last year because we only signed Duff, Oba and Sibierski and yet this year they are moaning because we have signed Viduka, Barton, Geremi, Rozenhal and are going for Smith and Cacapa. These are the kind of people who are only happy when they whinge!  :tickedoff:

BITCHES LEAVE!

http://www.tdr.ee/pilt/pildid/795159robocop-792844.jpg   Only Kidding  O0

Taylor will play right back if everyone is fit I reckon.

......................Given

Taylor...Cacapa...Rozenhal...Dragutinovic

.............Geremi........Barton

.....................Smith

......Viduka....................Martins

....................Owen

Barton as a defensive midfielder, Viduka as a right foward?

....................Owen

He isn't a defensive midfielder, he'd be playing box to box, dropping deep when we lose possession and looking to break with the ball when he has the chance.

I can see Viduka playing on the right of a 3 man attack similar to Kevin Davies.

....................Owen

He isn't a defensive midfielder, he'd be playing box to box, dropping deep when we lose possession and looking to break with the ball when he has the chance.

I can see Viduka playing on the right of a 3 man attack similar to Kevin Davies.

I'd be half tempted to play him just behind Owen & Martins, heading  balls onto them and allowing them to run at defenders then playing it back for him to crash it home, or place it, he's very good at both.

Guest Deep456

My team for the start of the current season is below. Looks all good but I still want a very good left back and a world class Right winger. I am hoping for Deco and Shorey/Drenthe.

Given

Gerami Taylor Rozenhal  ?

?      Smith Barton Luque

Owen Martins

Subs: Harps, Dragutinovic, Cacapa, Viduka, Milner, Zog.

Guest toonlass

BITCHES LEAVE!

Bunch of moaning fishwives some of the lads on here.....

only kidding  ;D

BITCHES LEAVE!

only kidding  ;D

Is that a come on?  :parky:  :smitten:

Guest toonlass

BITCHES LEAVE!

only kidding  ;D

Is that a come on?  :parky:  :smitten:

Depends  :coolsmiley: do you look more like Robocop or more like the muppet avatar? mackems.gif :smitten: