Everything falling into place?

TRon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think Sam has worked his socks off and shown a comittment to success at this club which i really admire as it comes from his professional pride rather than an emotional attachment to the club.

I'm happy with Smith, i've seen him play badly (Man U lost to Boro 4-1 when he was CM) but i've seen him play very well too. He wont set the prem alight but he will give us lots of options, more options than Dyer gave us. 

I dont know whether the defenders he is signing are good enough but i have the feeling they will turn out alright and am certain they are an improvement on what we have already. Well done Sam for sorting through this difficult window, we've got very little to offer players apart from a fanatical support with a sizeable minority of idiots to go with it.

There are no argument over the previous 4 signings, all of them moved the squad forward significantly.

We're lucky to have a half-decent manager, the whingeing cunts on here dont deserve him, they got what they deserved in Roeder and Souness. 

I think Sam has worked his socks off and shown a comittment to success at this club which i really admire as it comes from his professional pride rather than an emotional attachment to the club.

I'm happy with Smith, i've seen him play badly (Man U lost to Boro 4-1 when he was CM) but i've seen him play very well too. He wont set the prem alight but he will give us lots of options, more options than Dyer gave us. 

I dont know whether the defenders he is signing are good enough but i have the feeling they will turn out alright and am certain they are an improvement on what we have already. Well done Sam for sorting through this difficult window, we've got very little to offer players apart from a fanatical support with a sizeable minority of idiots to go with it.

There are no argument over the previous 4 signings, all of them moved the squad forward significantly.

We're lucky to have a half-decent manager, the whingeing cunts on here dont deserve him, they got what they deserved in Roeder and Souness. 

Concise and accurate, I like it.

We're lucky to have a half-decent manager, the whingeing c***s on here dont deserve him, they got what they deserved in Roeder and Souness. 

Agreed except with the bit about Smith.

We're lucky to have a half-decent manager, the whingeing c***s on here dont deserve him, they got what they deserved in Roeder and Souness. 

Exactly right, we should all be looking forward to the season, not moaning our heads off.  Some people would moan if we won the league on goal difference because we hadn't done it on points, it doesn't make sense.

:lol:

I knew you wouldnt.

Aye, I'll go along with every word of that.  blueyes.gif

I knew you wouldnt.

I can't agree with everything you say mate or you'll have a head the size of Taylor27

O0

I knew you wouldnt.

I can't agree with everything you say mate or you'll have a head the size of Taylor27

O0

bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif

Sly bastards. 

Guest Knightrider

FUCKING SPEAK IN BIGGER WORDS TWATS

Otherwise good post Chez, we don't have a half decent manager though, we have a fantastic manager with the potential to get even better which is what really excites me. If people listened to all my posts over the years about him, there'd be none of these worries today tbh ;)

Otherwise good post Chez, we don't have a half decent manager though, we have a fantastic manager with the potential to get even better which is what really excites me. If people listened to all my posts over the years about him, there'd be none of these worries today tbh ;)

Baggio started it not me! ;)

I've been referring to him as half-decent as i dont want to get carried away at the moment, i'm confident that i will be joining you in that assessment come December though.

f****** SPEAK IN BIGGER WORDS TWATS

I thought 40 was big enough  :rolleyes: is that better?

Exactly right, we should all be looking forward to the season, not moaning our heads off.  Some people would moan if we won the league on goal difference because we hadn't done it on points, it doesn't make sense.

He doesn't specify who he thinks the whingers are.  mackems.gif

I remember when people would have been happy to play regularly in europe, buy good players rather than constantly moan about it

Maybe he means those who didn't want Allardyce, and there were plenty of those. In fact some people like you have hardly stopped moaning since this board started. FWIW, I think all those who booed Bobby Robson for finishing 5th deserved Souness.

I think Allardyce has done great, but if YOU don't think you expected more, now that the man who held us back so much has gone, then you are lying.

I'm not old, I'm the same age as Allardyce and Roeder, and I'm not bitter, or if I am, the only thing I'm bitter about is the fact that for 30 years of supporting this club we sold our best players, and hunted around the free transfer market and bargain basements for the vast majority of our signings. It got us real mediocrity, the sort of mediocrity and disillusion that you would not believe.

For 15 years we had a board who aimed high, they made mistakes, but had ambition and came closest to winning stuff that nobody else did, tried to sign top players and consolidate high league positions, and now all of a sudden we have a board that is doing the same things as the arseholes who ran the club between 1964 and 1992 did. It's an absolute joke that fans such as you and others like you can't see this to such an extent that you said when we signed a decent player, a "trophy" player. Pathetic. And - I don't give a flying fuck how much money they spent, the club generated money and filled the ground and attempted to capitalise on the support. It didn't quite succeed, but they didn't have to prove they had the ambition any more, they had already done that.

Smell the coffee. Face facts, and stop making excuses. To say that I don't want this club to be successful is absolutely ridiculous, I've waited a damn sight longer than most of you on here for success. And I can recognise a manager who isn't happy when I see it, unlike you. There are a few people who wanted Shepherd out who have actually read all these signals, instead of being completely blind because they don't want to see them, and credit to them.

If in 12 months time this board have proved their ambition, I will be happy, and if in the long run they match the Champions League finishes achieved under the last one, as a minimum, then this takeover has indeed been worth something, but if they don't, then its all worth bugger all.

I go by facts, league positions, not personalities, and hope. And right now, its anything but rosy. They have shown us nothing.

I'm the same age as you NE5, give or take a year or two at a guess. Went to my first match in the old covered Leazes in 1974.

The bit in bold is a bit premature to say the least, and I don't agree with your comment that the signings are the same standard as way back either. A lot of the purchases then were no-hope journeymen.

As to Allardyce looking unhappy you or I cannot say with certainty that it is down to the board. It could have been getting turned down by players at the last moment. Personally I think it was probably a combination of the board moving too slow through inexperience and a couple of targets he (Sam) thought he had nailed but falling through. He looks a bit perkier now though.

At the end of the day, as you say, results count and if they surpass the previous board in the long run it will be happy days; but give them more than a month before you condemn them, please.

Guest Knightrider

Baggio started it not me! ;)

I've been referring to him as half-decent as i dont want to get carried away at the moment, i'm confident that i will be joining you in that assessment come December though.

Aye I have to reign myself in sometimes but he's a special manager in my eyes and as long as he's in charge, we'll do very well.

Quite frankly I find it laughably ironic that NE5 takes offence at people slating Shepherd after TEN YEARS in charge, and he's given the new guy all of a few weeks before doing the very same thing himself.

Telling people to 'stop making excuses' - you couldn't make it up. :lol:

Quite frankly Dave, I find it laughably ironic that numerous people have urged the Halls and Shepherd to "splash the cash" and now are backing the fact that very little is being spent.

Surprised you aren't locking the thread mind .... did you have shares BTW, and if so did you sell them to Ashley ?

I'm not saying I'm unhappy with the players Allardyce has bought with little money, I'm just asking for proof that this new board is going to back the manager, in view of Allardyces direct quote. If they provide it, then great.

Guest Knightrider

The Big Sam is unhappy or looked unhappy stuff... honest man, he's the biggest whinger in football and puts Fergie to shame, we haven't seen nowt yet :lol:, wait until the season starts. He fines his players for getting booked or losing a throw in man. I wouldn't be too worried about his persona. Ask a Bolton fan about his rants and whinges.

I remember when people would have been happy to play regularly in europe, buy good players rather than constantly moan about it

Maybe he means those who didn't want Allardyce, and there were plenty of those. In fact some people like you have hardly stopped moaning since this board started. FWIW, I think all those who booed Bobby Robson for finishing 5th deserved Souness.

I think Allardyce has done great, but if YOU don't think you expected more, now that the man who held us back so much has gone, then you are lying.

Get it over with.

:sleepy1:

I'm not old, I'm the same age as Allardyce and Roeder, and I'm not bitter, or if I am, the only thing I'm bitter about is the fact that for 30 years of supporting this club we sold our best players, and hunted around the free transfer market and bargain basements for the vast majority of our signings. It got us real mediocrity, the sort of mediocrity and disillusion that you would not believe.

For 15 years we had a board who aimed high, they made mistakes, but had ambition and came closest to winning stuff that nobody else did, tried to sign top players and consolidate high league positions, and now all of a sudden we have a board that is doing the same things as the arseholes who ran the club between 1964 and 1992 did. It's an absolute joke that fans such as you and others like you can't see this to such an extent that you said when we signed a decent player, a "trophy" player. Pathetic. And - I don't give a flying fuck how much money they spent, the club generated money and filled the ground and attempted to capitalise on the support. It didn't quite succeed, but they didn't have to prove they had the ambition any more, they had already done that.

Smell the coffee. Face facts, and stop making excuses. To say that I don't want this club to be successful is absolutely ridiculous, I've waited a damn sight longer than most of you on here for success. And I can recognise a manager who isn't happy when I see it, unlike you. There are a few people who wanted Shepherd out who have actually read all these signals, instead of being completely blind because they don't want to see them, and credit to them.

If in 12 months time this board have proved their ambition, I will be happy, and if in the long run they match the Champions League finishes achieved under the last one, as a minimum, then this takeover has indeed been worth something, but if they don't, then its all worth bugger all.

I go by facts, league positions, not personalities, and hope. And right now, its anything but rosy. They have shown us nothing.

I'm the same age as you NE5, give or take a year or two at a guess. Went to my first match in the old covered Leazes in 1974.

The bit in bold is a bit premature to say the least, and I don't agree with your comment that the signings are the same standard as way back either. A lot of the purchases then were no-hope journeymen.

As to Allardyce looking unhappy you or I cannot say with certainty that it is down to the board. It could have been getting turned down by players at the last moment. Personally I think it was probably a combination of the board moving too slow through inexperience and a couple of targets he (Sam) thought he had nailed but falling through. He looks a bit perkier now though.

At the end of the day, as you say, results count and if they surpass the previous board in the long run it will be happy days; but give them more than a month before you condemn them, please.

I am pleased you are saying what is absolutely true about those days, some of the others on here who deny it should take note.

I have said, a few times now, that what concerns me is losing Allardyce. You may not remember Gordon Lee, but he and Arthur Cox walked because the board let them down, and they were both showing their dissatisfaction in the same way that Allardyce has been doing.  He is the right manager for us, and I don't want this to happen again. You may be right that it is inexperience, and I hope you are, but at the end of the day, they have to get it right. Lets hope it is inexperience and they do learn quickly.

If they don't back him, he will walk and if he does well, other clubs will come sniffing and tempt him too.

Get it over with.

:sleepy1:

Shame you don't admit it mind

Quite frankly I find it laughably ironic that NE5 takes offence at people slating Shepherd after TEN YEARS in charge, and he's given the new guy all of a few weeks before doing the very same thing himself.

Telling people to 'stop making excuses' - you couldn't make it up. :lol:

Quite frankly Dave, I find it laughably ironic that numerous people have urged the Halls and Shepherd to "splash the cash" and now are backing the fact that very little is being spent.

Surprised you aren't locking the thread mind .... did you have shares BTW, and if so did you sell them to Ashley ?

I'm not saying I'm unhappy with the players Allardyce has bought with little money, I'm just asking for proof that this new board is going to back the manager, in view of Allardyces direct quote. If they provide it, then great.

What has that got to do with anything?

As for proof that they'll spend.

http://www.lukewhostalking.co.uk/2007/08/a_new_chairman_a_long_term_pro.html

"I think Sam and I are not that focused on the money side of things, we are just trying to bring in the right people. We are conscious we don't want to overpay, or panic buy and so we are managing our funds properly.

"But we both know that we are going to have to pay decent money to bring decent players in, both in terms of what their existing clubs want for them and what the player wants in terms of wages. We are certainly willing to spend the money we have to to strengthen the squad and we are close to bringing in two or three players before the start of the season. "

On the club's debt. There is thinly-veiled criticism of the former regime and it looks as if the club is in a bigger financial mess than many first thought. However, the debt problem will not impinge massively on transfer activity.

"The debt was certainly higher than we thought. The clubs finances were not in as strong a position as we first thought when we arrived, but that's something we will work with over a period of time.

"It obviously wasn't a positive thing to find out that the business isn't in as good a financial health as we believed.