Fantasy Premier League 2006-7 season

Optimistic Nut

a man city clean sheet would bring me 12 points, and saha and CRon need to do well, if i really want to qualify. blueyes.gif

the team that are playing the team level on pts with me (but have a 10 or so better PD) are shite, but have gerrard ©, but still look like they will lose atm :( i need to thrash the team i'm playing basically.

its quite annoying, because i lost to the team level on pts with me by 1 fucking point (although i had beaten them by 1 point in the gameweek before :lol: ) and they beat the first place team last week (who had won all their games) by two points, if they had lost either i would be comfortably through by now. as it stands i need a thrashing. (the team i'm playing are 33 PD points ahead of me.)

My group is so finely balanced, you need certain players from both Manchester's to get points, and others not too and certain points from Watford players (Young, or Francis if Young doesn't play) and points for Baines, Seol and Doyle in their second game could also be crucial. Evra isn't starting - that could help me as Rio can now score as many points as he wants. Not sure whether points for Ronaldo and Richards are good or bad, and dont want Dunne, Barton or Distin getting much of a match.

Guest optimistic nit

talking to me? or did you do the exact same thing :lol:

do players who get brought down for a penalty get an assist, because i have abongo and CRon who both have won pens today, but it hasn't shown up yet. do players who score own goals lose points as well, because, a team i really need to lose has mcullock as captain, but it shows as him having 4pts bluesight.gif

still :D great gameweek for me.

Guest optimistic nit

i sold him a few weeks ago bluesigh.gif

when do bonus pts get added btw? i could be in for a few hopefully.

Points for an assist due to a penalty generaly get added during the game update (after the last metch of the day).

Expect 6 points  :thup:

Own goals dont cost points.

Guest optimistic nit

howay :D

second points shite though :(

still 8 points (2 for speedo on me bench coming on for terry) added to me 40 gives me 48. king g's have 26. that'll be 22 points in the lead, and since i need to win by around that figure, i may still have hope of getting through :D

all really hinges on the midweek games though.

I have 2 reading players (doyle© and sidwell) he has two (sidwell and ingermarson)

he has two spurs and one citeh player (defoe © lennon and barton) i have dunne and micah richards. he also has baines and friedel. nail biting stuff. i need to gain now, as he has more players who have another game.

Guest Arsenal Ref

We're only just over halfway through the gameweek though Optomistic Nit, so there's a long way to go yet.  :winking:

Guest Walking in a waddle wonde

:lol:

King Gheedorah is my best mate, he is shitting it about going out and really wants to beat you, he doesnt post on here (no p.c) and cant believe that he isnt garanteed to qualify after winning his opening 4 games.

Im praying for a good midweek, got rid of Barry, M Taylor, Agbon, Richards and Rooney so that I could have 3 players from Wigan, Spurs and Blackburn :lol: look where thats got me, what with spending points on transfers and the points ive missed out, I reckon there is a turn over of around 50 points that ive missed out on! Oh well got midweek like I say so should win my last game against Shearer's Nut Sack, not only that but it also looks like im going to steal top spot, thus making House's efforts of winning needing me to lose so that he could qualify kind of obsolete, ;)

Guest Arsenal Ref

I make it, at the moment, both Reet Lads and Waines Wonders are in the qualification positions, in that order. Of course, with 6 games to go, it can all change.

So many unlikely player permutations needed to get me through. Galatasaray need to beat Dyer's Sore Hammy and my team, Jimbo's XI need to beat League Winners.

Currently the scores are:

Galatasaray 37 (39 after subs) - 46 (49 after subs) DSH

Jimbo's XI 45 - 47 League Winners

so if it stayed like that, I'm going out. The following players are yet to play for each team:

Galatasaray

- Taylor and Emre (vs Reading)

- Kishishev (vs Blackburn)

- Boateng and Yakubu (vs Tottenham)

DSH

- Friedel (vs Charlton)

League Winners

- Friedel (vs Charlton)

- Seol and Doyle (vs Newcastle)

- Bent © (vs Blackburn)

Jimbo's XI

- Baines (vs West Ham)

- Doyle © (vs Newcastle)

Everything is so intrinsically linked.

I'll probably need:

A Newcastle win and preferably a clean sheet with important contributions from Taylor and Emre (especially if we concede) against Reading. Seol must not score or set any up.

Charlton to score and preferably keep a clean sheet vs Blackburn without Darren Bent scoring.

A Wigan clean sheet at West Ham

Good performances from Yakubu and Boateng at Middlesborough.

I cant really ask for all that

Guest optimistic nit

mine's looking promicing blueyes.gif

reet lads 67-35 king g's

waines wounders 42-43 geordies.

i need to beat king g's by around 20 points to overcome my 40gd and win the league. i need to win by 10 pts more than waines wounders beat geordies to come second, if i don't win by 20.

all of our teams have our captains to play except geordies. (I have doyle, king g's have defoe and waines wounders have mcullock). i additionally have sidwell to play, and another 2 pts that i've just remembered about coming from speed who is a sub.

King g's have as well as defoe, lennon, sidwell, ingamarsson and baines playing, so could pick up a fair few points, although any sidwell pts will be cancelled out by me.

waines wounders have as well as mcullock ©, shorey to try and get as big a lead as they can.

to finish first i need to hope that ingamarsson, baines and lennon don't get more than 12 points, and any pts defoe gets are cancelled out by doyle.

Guest optimistic nit

i'm really not sure. it stands thus:

i'm going to get 75 pts unless i get some bonus pts for doyle or sidwell.

he's going to be on 54 unless he gets any extra pts for inger, sidwell or baines (who hasn't been given his assist yet). i need to win by around 20 pts. i'm quite worried atm. the flip side of the coin is that second placed (and better pd by 10) may lose to the team that hasn't won yet. their provisional is 49 and the geordies is 52. say i was to beat king g's by 15 pts, then they would finish top, by a pd of around 4 better. I would finish second, and even if waines wounders won by 1 pt, i would still have a pd of around 4 better.

Guest optimistic nit

shit. mcullocks waines wounder's captain and has just been given 2 bonus pts. their now leading on 53 pts. toure is also on his bench and neville didn't play bluebigeek.gif