Why are we even bothering with Edmilson?

Parky

Guest teepee

i must say i agree - good player, but very risky. there are better options out there - especially with the wages he'd command

Because come January we will be losing Geremi and in Edmilson we would have a very good replacement who could be really good for us. It's a good opportunity to pick up a top player, perhaps without a transfer fee too.

Because come January we will be losing Geremi and in Edmilson we would have a very good replacement who could be really good for us. It's a good opportunity to pick up a top player, perhaps without a transfer fee too.

That's all well and good but why are we seeking out someone with a fucked knee?

Guest Andy_M

Link?

I thought this was last mentioned weeks ago and disappeared. Is there something new?

Pretty well known that he'd agreed in principle to join us and that, come January, he's there if we want him.

Link?

I thought this was last mentioned weeks ago and disappeared. Is there something new?

Pretty well known that he'd agreed in principle to join us and that, come January, he's there if we want him.

Yup that is where we are atm.

I really don't understand why we are taking such a risk...His wages alone will be high.

Guest Andy_M

Link?

I really don't understand why we are taking such a risk...His wages alone will be high.

But the lack of transfer fee will make it a small risk signing. It also sends out to other potential recruits that we're signing big name players. Aside from that, there's the chance that he might just be a good player.

Oh, right. Just thought the question of the thread came a bit out of the blue that's all. Assumed there must have been new info.

Anyway, with experience on board now in Cacapa Allardyce may not bother.

Edmilson's obviously a good footballer or he wouldn't have played for Brazil or Barca. However, when I've watched him I'd have to say he's NOT a good defender. Whether he's playing in defence or midfield he likes to 'dwell' on the ball and he gets caught in possession far too often. You can't afford to do that in the EPL.

He's also past his best and injury-prone so IMO would not be a good signing. One Brazilian defenders enough for me ---- at least Cacapa is apparently a no-nonsense type of defender, tho' I can't claim to have seen him play. He was certainly very popular with the Lyon fans, which is always a good sign (as was Rozy with the PSG supporters). I doubt too many Barca fans will be crying when Edmilson goes?

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Over thirty out for 4-6 months we knee surgery, I'm not even sure how much he's featured for Barca over the last couple of years.

Risky written all over it.

He-can-do-inch-perfect-rabona-passes-through-midfield.-My-spacebar-is-broken-btw.

Why will we be losing Geremi in January ???

Why will we be losing Geremi in January ???

ACN?

Link?

But the lack of transfer fee will make it a small risk signing. It also sends out to other potential recruits that we're signing big name players. Aside from that, there's the chance that he might just be a good player.

By all accounts he will also be completely fit by January which is when we will really need him anyway. Who else could we bring in around January on a potential free with his level of experience and versatility, not to mention ability.

As long as our medics have had a look at him and feel that his return in January is realistic and he should be 100% by then, I think it is a good move.

Over thirty out for 4-6 months we knee surgery, I'm not even sure how much he's featured for Barca over the last couple of years.

Risky written all over it.

He-can-do-inch-perfect-rabona-passes-through-midfield.-My-spacebar-is-broken-btw.

On Pro Evo?